• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

betterREDthandead

To the Penguins fans.....

Rate this topic

Just wanted to say.....thanks to most of you, who represented your team very well indeed. TRF, Pens66, LetsGoPens, and many others.

Pass on my appreciation for those Pens fans at Mellon standing and cheering the Cup, those who gave Ozzie a cheer as he hoisted the grail, and also a quick f*** you to anyone responsible for the smattering of boos not related to Gary Bettman.

I say this with absolute certainty - one day, sooner rather than later, it'll be the Pens celebrating this. Sidney Crosby is that kind of player. The rest of the league can't keep Stanley out of his hands forever. Might be as soon as next year, might be 10 years down the road, but that day is coming. I'll be happy to see that day, as long as it doesn't come at our expense - now that the series is over, the Penguins can go back to being my second favorite team. (By a LONG shot, but still.)

WOO HOO! Some damn fine hockey these last two games. Way to go, Pens, for making this the series we all thought it would be in the beginning!

And thanks to the respectful Pens fans who've been here for the ride. Hope you stick around.

Needless to stay quite a lot of them stayed for the trophy presentations in the arena. Why some booed the Stanley Cup though as it was brought on the ice was a bit odd though, but hey, it was the minority. Most stuck around and just watched rather than booing. I thought that was classy.

i suppose a congrats is in order to the classier pens fans, but now it is time to be the toe nail in the cob salad. i just want this cup to symbolie a f*ck you to the nhl as well as versus/nbc for the constant crosby show.

:D

I extend my hand to the good Pens fans. Especially those who showed the class to come here after the loss and pass along congratulations. That's the way it's done. Condolences on the loss but your boys will be back soon enough.

I too would like to congratulate the classy Pens fans. Your team is just beginning! You should have some very good years of hockey for the next several years. You will have a cup someday soon too! Thanks for being good sports :thumbup:

Congrats to Pens fans the future looks bright for you guys. I wouldn't mind seeing somemore Wings vs Pens finals. I was almost wanting a game 7 just to see more hockey, but then realized that you guys would be too dangerous in a game seven

I would honestly be surprised if you guys do not win the Cup next year. Our experience prevailed this series, but you learned alot. And really, I have nothing against cocky fans.. It's a competitive sport, it's expected.

Props to all fans who joined here to compete against us, you're all great.

To the Penguins fans.....

CLASS! Well done. I have never seen anyone chant for their team's underachiever (read Crosby) while the first opposing team player is skating the cup. Well done jackasses.

GTFO bandwagoner. Did you see how many Pens fans stayed throughout the Conn/Stanley presentation? It was packed.

I don't like Crosby, I don't like Michelle, I don't like the whole Pens Org.

But I f***in respect them, and they gave it their all. Great team, guaranteed they win the Cup within 3 years

Just wanted to say.....thanks to most of you, who represented your team very well indeed. TRF, Pens66, LetsGoPens, and many others.

Pass on my appreciation for those Pens fans at Mellon standing and cheering the Cup, those who gave Ozzie a cheer as he hoisted the grail, and also a quick f*** you to anyone responsible for the smattering of boos not related to Gary Bettman.

I say this with absolute certainty - one day, sooner rather than later, it'll be the Pens celebrating this. Sidney Crosby is that kind of player. The rest of the league can't keep Stanley out of his hands forever. Might be as soon as next year, might be 10 years down the road, but that day is coming. I'll be happy to see that day, as long as it doesn't come at our expense - now that the series is over, the Penguins can go back to being my second favorite team. (By a LONG shot, but still.)

Seconded, great post...I was worried that I'd end up hating my (distant) second team because of this series, but thankfully it didn't turn out that way...I shut off the animosity during the postgame. The Pens will win it very, very soon, and as long as it's not against us, I'll be thrilled.

Next step: hoping Shero has an idea what he's doing with his cap space.

Thanks to the Pens posters for showing class.

To come back the way your team did after losing the first 2 games in Detroit showed a lot of heart. Congrats on a great season.

When you do win the cup, and you will again, this season's experience will just make it that much sweeter.

I would honestly be surprised if you guys do not win the Cup next year. Our experience prevailed this series, but you learned alot. And really, I have nothing against cocky fans.. It's a competitive sport, it's expected.

Props to all fans who joined here to compete against us, you're all great.

Thanks for your kind words.

However, my real big scare is that our wait may be too long for the Cup. For so many players, the Stanley Cup is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Some guys may never be able to make it back.

Congratulations Penguins fans, your team played admirably well. Being constantly fed the Crosby line was difficult to watch but behind the fanboyism in the media, the entire team played well. Wings won though.

It won't be too long before the Penguins are back. Like someone said, I only hope it's not at the Red Wings expense.

Congrats to the Penguins on a great season, going from near bankrupt and becoming the "Kansas City Penguins" to getting a new arena and a berth in the Stanley Cup Finals. While I don't care for bandwagon fans (I just realized that we can't exactly complain about that, considering the Joe was half empty in the early 80's) and Crosby's seemingly "I deserve the Cup because I'm Crosby" attitude, you can't downplay the firepower Pittsburgh has in its lineup and how talented they are. I thought for sure this series would go the distance. This experience can only be good for them, and surely they will be back soon enough. But again, hopefully it's not the the Red Wings expense.

I want to thank the Crosby's for one hell of a series. After the first 2 games, I was shocked when they didn't show up. I don't know if it was all the hype or nerves or what it was, but I'm glad they showed up to make this and intresting series.

Now that NBC has drilled Crosby into my brain by saying his name 387 times a game. Sorry I had to switch to CBC where I only heard it 87 times. I almost forgot that this is the Pittsburgh Penguins and not the Crosby's Penguins. Hopefully one day the rest of the team will emerge from his shadows. I prefer to judge players by watching them play the game, not by media telling me who is great. That only makes me hate him. But after finally getting a good look at his game. I have to give him and the rest of his coat tails some props.

You had one hell of a season!

Why some booed the Stanley Cup though as it was brought on the ice was a bit odd though,

They were booing Bettman. It's almost become a well deserved tradition for him. :thumbup:

Anyways, congrats to the Pens for making this an excellent series. It won't be long before it's your turn.

GTFO bandwagoner. Did you see how many Pens fans stayed throughout the Conn/Stanley presentation? It was packed.

I don't like Crosby, I don't like Michelle, I don't like the whole Pens Org.

But I f***in respect them, and they gave it their all. Great team, guaranteed they win the Cup within 3 years

...if, in this day and age of Salary Caps and UFA's, they can keep their team together. A huge amount of stars, will they be able to afford them all? Hossa is more than likely gone, rumor has it Malone is a goner as well (this from a Pens fan I work with) so there are two pieces that got them as far as they did....

Needless to stay quite a lot of them stayed for the trophy presentations in the arena. Why some booed the Stanley Cup though as it was brought on the ice was a bit odd though, but hey, it was the minority. Most stuck around and just watched rather than booing. I thought that was classy.

I thought they were booing Bettman. :)