• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Matt

Lord Stanley's Summer Tour 2008

Rate this topic

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/newfoundland-labr...up.html?ref=rss

according to that Dan Cleary will have it Jun 30 / July 1st...

he's taking it to a Childrens hospital in St John, Newfoundland on the 30th and there's a parada in Harbour Grace (his hometown) on Canada day..

should be quite a spectacle and i'm sure it'll be covered a lot by the CBC and TSN

That is true. I'm a Newfoundlander and that report is absolutely true.

And I will be there for all of the celebrations june 30th and july 1st. Im going to the janeway and then to harbor grace the next day for the celebrations.

The Childrens hospital in St John's is called the Janeway Children's hospital.

I was gonna reply to this thread but decided to read to see if someone wrote about this.

Edited by Holmstrom96Screens

I can't WAIT till next week. I'm flying to St johns Monday morning, and I will be going to Harbour Grace for Canada Day. It's gonna be great! I hope I can get an autograph!! Dan is the MAN!!!! I can't afford to trip out at all, but nothing will stop me!! lol.

Edited by marcaractac

I can't WAIT till next week. I'm flying to St johns Monday morning, and I will be going to Harbour Grace for Canada Day. It's gonna be great! I hope I can get an autograph!! Dan is the MAN!!!! I can't afford to trip out at all, but nothing will stop me!! lol.

Same. Hope I can get an autograph. I'm buying couple of cleary cards just in case he can autograph them for me. And i hopefully get a piccy of me with him and the cup.

And lots, I mean, tons of piccies of the celebrations in Harbor Grace.

Believe me, nothing short of a catastrophe will keep me from being there for June 30th and July 1.

Gievn the choice between missing all of this and taking a cross check in the teeth, I'll take the cross check.

I dont have any Cleary red wings jersey to wear though, I only have a #96 Holmstrom one. Ah well *shrugs*

Its still Red wings. I'm wearing it anyway.

Edited by Holmstrom96Screens

I heard Michael Patrick Shiels say on the radio this AM that Stanley will be on display in the Capitol rotunda in Lansing tomorrow (25-Jun) afternoon with Chris Ilitch in tow.

Edited by Gizmo

I heard Michael Patrick Shiels say on the radio this AM that Stanley will be on display in the Capitol rotunda in Lansing tomorrow (25-Jun) afternoon with Chris Ilitch in tow.

From 3:30 to 5:00 according to WILX.com. I work 2 blocks from the Capitol so there's pretty much no choice but to go tomorrow!

http://www.wilx.com/sports/headlines/20666654.html

Same. Hope I can get an autograph. I'm buying couple of cleary cards just in case he can autograph them for me. And i hopefully get a piccy of me with him and the cup.

And lots, I mean, tons of piccies of the celebrations in Harbor Grace.

Believe me, nothing short of a catastrophe will keep me from being there for June 30th and July 1.

Gievn the choice between missing all of this and taking a cross check in the teeth, I'll take the cross check.

I dont have any Cleary red wings jersey to wear though, I only have a #96 Holmstrom one. Ah well *shrugs*

Its still Red wings. I'm wearing it anyway.

For anyone else in Newfoundland looking to meet Dan Cleary, he'll be signing autographs at the McDonald's on Topsail Road in St. John's on Wednesday, June 25 from 3pm-5pm, without the Cup however. Here's some more details about what is going on while the Cup is here:

http://www.vocm.com/news-info.asp?id=29512

It's going to be absolutely bananas in Harbour Grace on Canada Day. There might even be too many people wanting to go to this. Lots of people around here have hopped on the bandwagon lately. :rolleyes:

And if you are looking for some Cleary gear head into That Pro Look in the Avalon Mall in St. John's. They have a TON of stuff in there, they just got in t-shirts with his name on the back, they are SWEET! I got mine yesterday!

Edited by detroitdan

Tonite Osgood had the cup at Sean O'callghans in Plymouth. I got to touch the cup and get pics of it. I very narrowly missed drinking out of it when Ozzy was goin around the bar. My brother got to drink out of it though. I watched it get carried out and strapped into the back of a blue jeep with Ontario plates and off it went.

For anyone else in Newfoundland looking to meet Dan Cleary, he'll be signing autographs at the McDonald's on Topsail Road in St. John's on Wednesday, June 25 from 3pm-5pm, without the Cup however. Here's some more details about what is going on while the Cup is here:

http://www.vocm.com/news-info.asp?id=29512

It's going to be absolutely bananas in Harbour Grace on Canada Day. There might even be too many people wanting to go to this. Lots of people around here have hopped on the bandwagon lately. :rolleyes:

And if you are looking for some Cleary gear head into That Pro Look in the Avalon Mall in St. John's. They have a TON of stuff in there, they just got in t-shirts with his name on the back, they are SWEET! I got mine yesterday!

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

I just read the article I am so excited I can't wait !!

My dad and I will go hope my mom will go too though she cant really care less about hockey

Party in Harbor Grace !!

and Now I know approximately what time he's going to janeway. Never knew that before. thanks !!

Can't you just tell I'm og, excited?? :P

Pictures, pictures! We want pictures! And lots of them!

I have a friend who works at Garland Resort, and he told me it's coming up there sometime in August. I will be there for sure! And this time I'm gonna drink out of that puppy and kiss it right where Pasha's name is engraved!

Pictures, pictures! We want pictures! And lots of them!

I have a friend who works at Garland Resort, and he told me it's coming up there sometime in August. I will be there for sure! And this time I'm gonna drink out of that puppy and kiss it right where Pasha's name is engraved!

I promise I will take lots of pics !! and post them here to show everyone.

Guest Four

Does anyone know when Maltby will be bringing the cup around Kitchener/Cambridge?

I just went and seen the Stanley Cup at the Capitial Building! it was Amazing to finaly touch the Cup!! :cup: ! Ill up load pictures as soon as i can!

I had my pics taken with the cup in 1993 and 2002. For anyone who's not seen the cup irl yet, its a truely amazing feeling. You'll never forget it. and you'll love it when you do get to see the cup irl. I swear you'll loive the feeling.

You know how beautiful the cup is on tv when a player carries it around the ice after they've just won it? Well imo its twice as beautiful in real life as it is on tv. The cup is so beautiful it almost glows with its own silver light.

I had my pics taken with the cup in 1993 and 2002. For anyone who's not seen the cup irl yet, its a truely amazing feeling. You'll never forget it. and you'll love it when you do get to see the cup irl. I swear you'll loive the feeling.

You know how beautiful the cup is on tv when a player carries it around the ice after they've just won it? Well imo its twice as beautiful in real life as it is on tv. The cup is so beautiful it almost glows with its own silver light.

I know Matt doesn't want this thread cluttered, but I had to post my agreement.

It does have a presence, doesn't it? The first time I saw it up close and personal, I couldn't believe that I was shaking, literally, like crazy. When I reached out to touch it, my hands were noticibly trembling. I looked up and kinda gave a nervous laugh to the Cup Keeper. He nodded, smiled, and said....

"Happens all the time."

The Cup is otherworldly.

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned how it was at Cheli's last night! It was so chaotic in there. You had to fight your way to the front. I wanted to get a pic with it, but there was no way that was gonna happen, so I just took pics of it.

ix8kex.jpg

apd4kn.jpg

Is the Stanley cup now sponsored by Cheli's Chili?

That thing has spent more time at Cheli's than it has the HOF!!

haha it does seem like that, doesn't it.

yet, somehow...every time i'm at cheli's, the cup is nowhere to be found..