• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Donaldjr2448

The Redwings 07-08 DVD

Rate this topic

I enjoyed the DVD, but I truly loved the Legends Dinner part. I could listen to those guys talk for days! I just wish that they would have cut most of it out! How is everyone else views on the DVD?? what did you like or dislike! Just for S&G's

I was a little disappointed in the DVD, honestly. The previous one's I thought gave a better representation of each series, and did they even mention that Franzen missed basically the entire 3rd round? If they did, I missed it. The legends part was fantastic though.

I was a little disappointed in the DVD, honestly. The previous one's I thought gave a better representation of each series, and did they even mention that Franzen missed basically the entire 3rd round? If they did, I missed it. The legends part was fantastic though.

You know what they sure didn't mention that Franzen missed anytime! I really didn't like the Pittsburgh Radio Broadcasters calling there goals in Game 5!! I'm probably going to get the Detroit Free Press HD version, I saw it on amazon.com , but I cannot remember the price

You stupid Frenchmen!!!

This DVD is really really good! The highlights of Dats and Zetterburg is pretty incredible!

I got it today in the mail and I am watching it right now. Great documentary.

I got my copy on Saturday, and watched it twice. I don't know if it's because I just got it a few days ago, but I think this could be my favorite of the four Championship DVD's. I really enjoyed the section they had about McCarty, and they seem to have more off ice stuff than the other 3 i.e. in the locker room, footage of Rafalski going back to the rink where he started playing hockey, seeing the guys on the plane after winning the cup, etc.

The Bonus features were outstanding. A lot of times I find bonus material is either hit or miss. The piece on Lebda, the Legends dinner, and Kronwall's biggest hits were every entertaining. The mic'ed up practice before one of the games in Pittsburgh was hilarious!! I was laughing the entire time. Maltby's da man!!

Very solid DVD. I got goose bumps a couple times. Kind of made me sad to see Dom's meltdown again. It just brought home the fact that we'll never get another opportunity to see one of the games greatest and most entertaining goalies play again.

Does anyone know if its available anywhere in Toledo? I'd rather buy it in person than online.

I don't know if it's in Toledo but if there is a Walmart, K-mart or Target right across the Michigan border it should be there.

Honestly, I didn't find this DVD as good as some of the others. I don't know...this one just seems like it was thrown togather at the last minute.

Got mine at best buy.

You can order it online and then pick it up in the store.

I really enjoyed the "Wireless Practice" bonus feature. Although I wish it could have been a little longer on that part. It was great to see Malts, Mac, and Draper clowning around like that.

I think it could have been better, but I still love it. I wanted to see a clip of Fleury falling on his face....but alas, I'll just have to keep replaying the gif image as long as I can. :) I did like it, though.

It is 2008, if everyone is unhappy with this DVD let's make our own using HD clips/games that I am sure some fans have on their Tivo/DVR's.

Wouldn't that be the coolest thing ever??? Kinda like an 'open source' program, anybody can try to contribute.

Who knows, some LGW'er could be a pro at this type of thing!!

I liked it, I was only disappointed in that there was absolutely no mention of Franzen missing that six-game stretch and no highlight from Game 6 of Stuart pasteing Crosby. Really wanted to see that. (Again... aaaand again.)

Couldn't see it enough, Matt :)

I'm good enough with premiere to put something together.. but i dont have any really good hd rips of much of anything.. plus i suck at transitions.. and probably wouldnt make a good dvd menu, either

but i think we have the resources to do it here

I really enjoyed the "Wireless Practice" bonus feature. Although I wish it could have been a little longer on that part. It was great to see Malts, Mac, and Draper clowning around like that.

As compared to 2002, where they did something similar--except it was with the Canes. And they put it in our video anyway.

This was actually my favorite of the four, just edging out 1998 and the legendary "Hanta Yo" scene.

I liked it, it was right up there with the other ones if not better. The thing I didn't like, and maybe it was just me, but I thought the background music was abnormally loud, almost to the point where you couldn't hear some of the commentary. Just a little thing I kept noticing, but otherwise it was real good...

My wife's favorite player is Kronwall due to his Hateful open-ice hits. She got a kick out of his bonus section, although her and I both wish that section had been longer or shown each hit from multiple angles so you could appreciate them more.

I also loved the Wireless Practice. It's always great (and hilarious) to see how players interact at practice.

As a whole, I actually liked the other Championship DVD's a little better but overall it was still very good.

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25