• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
timothy1997

2008 College Football Thread

Rate this topic

I know how you feel. I wish the all the leagues would take sports away from Fox. Off the top of my head, I can't think of anything in sports they do well.

Except for having animated robots for NFL games. They're good at that.

FOX is good at doing NASCAR races. Mostly because of Darrell Waltrip's commentary. Maybe they should give FOX all NASCAR races and call it a day.

I am with you tho. I cannot stand the announcers for FOX...especially for this BCS NC game.

FOX is good at doing NASCAR races. Mostly because of Darrell Waltrip's commentary. Maybe they should give FOX all NASCAR races and call it a day.

I am with you tho. I cannot stand the announcers for FOX...especially for this BCS NC game.

Isn't it FOX that has the announcer that screams BOOGITY BOOGITY BOOGITY at the beginning of each race? That annoys the piss outta me, and I'm probably unknowingly rapping on some famous NASCAR tradition or something and I don't care.....it sounds retarded when they'll be calmly talking about how Jimmie Johnson's car looked pretty good in practice but Carl Edwards HOLY s*** GREEN FLAG BOOGITY BOOGITY BOOGITY!!! has the pole etc. etc. etc.

Isn't it FOX that has the announcer that screams BOOGITY BOOGITY BOOGITY at the beginning of each race? That annoys the piss outta me, and I'm probably unknowingly rapping on some famous NASCAR tradition or something and I don't care.....it sounds retarded when they'll be calmly talking about how Jimmie Johnson's car looked pretty good in practice but Carl Edwards HOLY s*** GREEN FLAG BOOGITY BOOGITY BOOGITY!!! has the pole etc. etc. etc.

I HATE DW's bull crap before the races. And I HATE Fox's whole coverage of sports. Jimmy Johnson, Chris Rose, Eddie George, etc all suck at their jobs! It drives me crazy. I hate Brent Mushberger, but I would kill for him tonight. Wow, while were on topic I can't hate Tim Tebow, but his coach on the other hand I cannot stand! That NC game did nothing for me as a fan of college football.

I DVR'd it, and have since watched it, it was alright. Wasn't Florida-Alabama but it was a pretty good game. Tebow was decent and Harvin was nuts; and that pick that turned out to be the decisive point in the game was fantastic.

I am also deeply amused that the much heralded Big 12 South went 1-3 this bowl season. The ego of the Big 12 was almost enough to get me to root for OSU over UT. Almost. ;)

I'm with you. It's just the NCAA trying to get more money out of it. At least Fox isn't doing the game. They have the worst coverage/cast on earth.

the NCAA has nothing to do with the college bowl set up. If they did, we would have a playoff.

Instead the BCS and the bowls are completely outside of the NCAA's purview.

the NCAA has nothing to do with the college bowl set up. If they did, we would have a playoff.

I have a hard time believing the NCAA couldn't put a stop to the bowl games if they wanted to.

Well I didn't know that, but like Chamber said why couldn't they stop it? And it's still all centered around money.

Well I didn't know that, but like Chamber said why couldn't they stop it? And it's still all centered around money.

Essentially the NCAA gives their blessing, whatever that is, so the teams can play in the bowl games. Keep in mind most of the bowl games have gift packages for the players too so the NCAA has to bless that as well.

If they took that away, the bowls would stop. But they won't because Myles Brand et. al have no balls.

The NCAA runs the D-1AA and D-II and D-III playoffs as well as just about ever other sport I can think of EXCEPT D-1A football.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news...p&type=lgns

Greg Robinson hired as Michigan's defensive coordinator.

Thoughts Michigan fans?

I recall under Carr that Michigan always had a strong defense under Hermann or English. Wonder if Michigan will have a consistance strong defense again under Robinson. I personally don't think he is that great of a coach. Didn't do much in Syracuse.

Thoughts Michigan fans?

I recall under Carr that Michigan always had a strong defense under Hermann or English. Wonder if Michigan will have a consistance strong defense again under Robinson. I personally don't think he is that great of a coach. Didn't do much in Syracuse.

Oh, he did plenty in Syracuse. He ruined it.

But I'm not worried....he's not being hired as the head coach. He must have had a pretty damn strong resume to get hired at Syracuse in the first place, and that's the role he'll play at Michigan. That's what I'm going off of.

Thoughts Michigan fans?

Well great coordinators don't always equal great or even good head coaches, and Robinson could very well fit that mold. With that said I guess I'll have to see the results. His defense was outstanding when Denver won Superbowls, but that was in the NFL, and almost a decade ago. His defense was also pretty strong at Texas a few years ago, but thats Texas, and I would guess you would have to be an idiot to run that in the ground.

I guess I'll just have to trust RR on this one. He can't screw this up twice. He obviously saw something when he coached against Robinson in the Big East.

Yeah, wtf is going on with that?

I don't know. I don't see the point. It takes over a year to learn it all anyway (plus 4 years away). What's the point? If he's better then Nick Sheridan though I will take him with open arms, and that may not be that far out of the question!!!

I don't know. I don't see the point. It takes over a year to learn it all anyway (plus 4 years away). What's the point? If he's better then Nick Sheridan though I will take him with open arms, and that may not be that far out of the question!!!

I'd take him. I mean, Tate Forcier is what, a buck 150 soaking wet? It looks like the kid has talent, but it also looks like it could be McGuffie all over again.

PS: It needs to be college football season again. I'm already planning my trip back to EL for a game or two.

I'd take him. I mean, Tate Forcier is what, a buck 150 soaking wet? It looks like the kid has talent, but it also looks like it could be McGuffie all over again.

PS: It needs to be college football season again. I'm already planning my trip back to EL for a game or two.

I agree on the weight. When I was at the spring game he was killing it, but the defense couldn't hit him, or never threw a blitz at him. I'm a little concerned after he takes some big hits. I think he's a different type then McGuffie. He still wanted to come here when U-M had 2 QB's already committed last year (they both went to different schools). And the word on the street is his older brother who played for U-M will be a G.A., and his other older brother may transfer here from UCLA.

I can't wait for the season to begin either. Last night I watched an Ohio State game on BTN just because I needed my college football craving to be fulfilled!

Dear Bill Martin,

This is how you schedule out of conference games.

Love,

Mark Hollis.

MSU playing Alabama, West Virginia.

I am still pissed that MSU backed out of their home and home with Texas A&M. Everything I've heard was that it was John L. Smith's doing. Not surprising.

Amen!!!!! That s**t pisses me off. Umass? Delaware State? Didn't App State teach a lesson? It's no win!!!! You get embarrassed, or get ripped on for beating a team 70-3. I understand they need 8 home games for the next X years to pay off the renovations, and that creates a bad scenario because big schools want home/home series, but that could have been prevented. Martin screwed up by agreeing to a 500 year extension with Notre Dame. Maybe if Martin said no ND would actually join the Big Ten.

Martin has done a lot of great things for Michigan, but judas priest I'll admit I'm jealous. I want to see USC come to town like OSU, or anyone else. Seriously how much hype would start if WVU came to Ann Arbor? I would love to play Georgia, Texas, WVU, or USC.