• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
timothy1997

2008 College Football Thread

Rate this topic

I said it before, and I'll say it again: OSU will get severely abused by the Horns, or win. Nothing in between. With that said Hook em Horns! There's no more purpose to root for the Big Ten anyway at this point...

Yeah, in a year where Michigan went 3-9, there's no point in rooting for the Big Ten for the sake of the conference. I mean, why, so MSU and OSU can look better? Not interested. I was actively rooting for Iowa, Penn State, and Wisconsin for various reasons, but it doesn't bother me greatly that Northwestern or Minny lost.

Yeah, in a year where Michigan went 3-9, there's no point in rooting for the Big Ten for the sake of the conference. I mean, why, so MSU and OSU can look better? Not interested. I was actively rooting for Iowa, Penn State, and Wisconsin for various reasons, but it doesn't bother me greatly that Northwestern or Minny lost.

I was rooting for the Big Ten hard all bowl season...I was pissed when NW lost. There is no point because the Big Ten is now 1-5 or something like that so what's the point in rooting for OSU? It isn't going to give the Big Ten a new found respect. But who am I kidding, if the Big Ten was 5-1 right now I would still root for Texas!

Edited by mannysBETTER3434

I was rooting for the Big Ten hard all bowl season...I was pissed when NW lost. There is no point because the Big Ten is now 1-5 or something like that so what's the point in rooting for OSU? It isn't going to give the Big Ten a new found respect. But who am I kidding, if the Big Ten was 5-1 right now I would still root for Texas!

So bitter these days.

So bitter these days.

The streets are tough right now! If OSU was playing someone from the SEC I would most likely want them to win especially if it was against FLA. I usually always root for OSU when they are not playing Michigan, and I'm sure you do the same for Michigan :P

The streets are tough right now! If OSU was playing someone from the SEC I would most likely want them to win especially if it was against FLA. I usually always root for OSU when they are not playing Michigan, and I'm sure you do the same for Michigan :P

I was definitely rooting for Michigan to beat Florida last year. I had to shower with S.O.S. pads immediately afterwards, but I was visibly rooting for Michigan.

I'm actually gettin kind of pumped up for tonight. However, for you OSU haters, you can probably look for my "f*** the coaches, f*** the offensive line, bunch of choke artists" posts sometime before halftime.

I was definitely rooting for Michigan to beat Florida last year. I had to shower with S.O.S. pads immediately afterwards, but I was visibly rooting for Michigan.

I actually found myself rooting for Michigan last year against the Gators. I didn't mean to, I wanted to see Tebow light them up. But as the game went on and Michigan was giving them the business, I strangely found myself *gasp* wanting them to win. Just to show all the people (myself included) who said they had no chance against a QB like Tebow.

After the game, I scrubbed myself with bleach.

I actually found myself rooting for Michigan last year against the Gators. I didn't mean to, I wanted to see Tebow light them up. But as the game went on and Michigan was giving them the business, I strangely found myself *gasp* wanting them to win. Just to show all the people (myself included) who said they had no chance against a QB like Tebow.

Weird. For me it's the other way round. Any game I want MSU or OSU to win for whatever reason, I don't watch, because watching causes me to root the other way. The exception is the OSU/MSU game. Either that or if MSU is playing someone I really really really hate, like Florida State.

Hell just froze over!!!! :scared: I will admit I've had those kind of moments too. Drew Neitzel's jr year against Wisconsin I got sucked into a green and white state of mind. Neitzel was on fire, stealing the show, and since he's a local boy I couldn't help getting sucked into it. I wanted Neitzel to drop 60.

I dont know how Heacock keeps a job. We can't get this guy a head coaching job at Holy Cross or something? Sure, we're great against the Big Ten teams, but we have no adjustment for anything else.

Beanie should leave. With his injury problems, I don't see the point in staying, although he's letting on that he wants to.

At any rate, this team is overdue to show up in a big non-conference game, that's the little bit of hope I'm holding onto. If we get off to a great start again, I'm going to be highly skeptical.

Texas has figured out that Ohio State plays nothing but zone unless it's 3rd down.

It's over already.

What did I do to deserve this?

That was a hell of a game, but I understand your pain right now. Vince Young did the same thing to us 3 years ago. I really see the DC problems you have been complaining about all year. When Texas was driving the field on that last drive I said to my buddy "This is this season's Michigan's D". They were giving them everything under, and it was only a matter of time before it bit them hard. I think they are lucky the flood gates didn't open in the 2nd or 3rd quarter when Texas couldn't click.

And don't want to really piss you off here, but I said it earlier this year, and I'll say it again. Todd Beckman should be the starter. I understand he can't escape like Pryor, and I can't argue Pryor may have more potenital then Vince Young, BUT the team believes in Beckman. He can control games, and has the senior leadership. When they kept telling stories about his senior year I really, really felt horrible for him. I really think if you start Beckman, and have a TP package on the side (like Leak/Tebow) you beat PSU, and who knows about the Texas game.

That was a hell of a game, but I understand your pain right now. Vince Young did the same thing to us 3 years ago. I really see the DC problems you have been complaining about all year. When Texas was driving the field on that last drive I said to my buddy "This is this season's Michigan's D". They were giving them everything under, and it was only a matter of time before it bit them hard. I think they are lucky the flood gates didn't open in the 2nd or 3rd quarter when Texas couldn't click.

And don't want to really piss you off here, but I said it earlier this year, and I'll say it again. Todd Beckman should be the starter. I understand he can't escape like Pryor, and I can't argue Pryor may have more potenital then Vince Young, BUT the team believes in Beckman. He can control games, and has the senior leadership. When they kept telling stories about his senior year I really, really felt horrible for him. I really think if you start Beckman, and have a TP package on the side (like Leak/Tebow) you beat PSU, and who knows about the Texas game.

I was screaming for Boeckman to be in. I thought I might be ready to talk about the game this morning, I am not. We'll try again in the afternoon.

First off, I'm extremely proud (or maybe relieved) of the way the Buckeyes played last night. If you look at the raw stats you see Texas had over 400 yards of offense. But if you watched that game, you know that Ohio State showed up and vastly slowed down that explosive offense. They gave up the dink and dunk pass to Cosby all night, but this defensive scheme was different. You saw them blitz, and be aggressive. On the last scoring play, we got burned because we were being aggressive, and I'd rather lose anyday being agressive than sitting back and letting someone kill us slowly and methodically.

Pryor played like a freshman. He had many plays where he smartly tucked it and ran for a first down (except for the first drive where he inexplicably ran out of bounds 2 yards before the down marker with no one around him, a little early in his career to be getting Ted Ginn-itis). Beanie was an absolute beast, and he must have been pretty injured to sit out the whole second half. Todd Boeckman was outstanding, save for taking a sack at the absolute worst time. His throws were perfect, he had confidence, and he had poise.

Perhaps the most surprising aspect to me was our line play. With the exception of Bryant Browning, who maybe doesnt even deserve a scholarship, I felt our line was winning the battles. We weren't even winning the battles against the likes of Minnesota and Purdue, so it's shocking.

But once again the Buckeyes find a soulcrushing way in which to break our hearts. I guess I should be happy that they actually showed up and played on the national stage, but thats of little solace right now. We took it to Texas in the first half, outgaining them by a fair margin, and only coming out with a 6-3.

Edited by Hockeytown Red Wings

When did Thad Gibson become a DL? I remember Michigan recruited him as a LB from Ginn Sr's team. He didn't look like he deserved a scholly either!

Gibson went to DL sometime in the middle of last season. I think he's a pretty solid player, good speed from the outside. He took two dumb penalties last night, though it could be argued the one wasnt a penalty at all.

Gibson went to DL sometime in the middle of last season. I think he's a pretty solid player, good speed from the outside. He took two dumb penalties last night, though it could be argued the one wasnt a penalty at all.

He actually got 3 (neutral zone infraction). But yeah I don't think his second one was bad. You could read Beanie's lips after the 2nd one. He was saying 'just keep your hands down'. He must have not of been able to keep his weight down, because I thought he was a stud LB in high school.

So who's winning the Nati?! USC? :D

Edited by mannysBETTER3434

Utah should have serious consideration to be a split national champion.

Yeah I know they play in a non-BCS conference and probably 9 times out of 10 the conference they are in doesn't even, at the very least, compete with the likes of Big 12, SEC, Big 10, etc.

I will stress and repeat that I did not say better than these conferences, as that is slim/none that such a thing will ever happen, but be on somewhat of the same competitive level as those conferences. The Mountain West was damned good this year. Utah is undefeated. TCU will finish somewhere in the top 10. BYU has a chance to still remain in the top 25 even though they lost their bowl game.

Also some of Utah's notable wins.

Alabama in the Sugar Bowl, who was in the top 5.

BYU which was in the top 15 at the time I believe.

TCU, who was ranked 11th at the time of that Utah win and will probably finish in the top 10.

Oregon State, the only team to beat USC.

So it's not your typical non-BCS schools playing soft/weak non-BCS conference or non-conference opponents as compared to the BCS schools.

Is even considering Utah for a split title too far of a stretch you think?

I really can't get fired up for the championship game tomorrow. Football should end on new years day. By now, the holidays are over, I've gone back to work, its a new year and I'm back to the grind already. It's an after though.

I really can't get fired up for the championship game tomorrow. Football should end on new years day. By now, the holidays are over, I've gone back to work, its a new year and I'm back to the grind already. It's an after though.

I'm with you. It's just the NCAA trying to get more money out of it. At least Fox isn't doing the game. They have the worst coverage/cast on earth.

F------------------------------k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know how you feel. I wish the all the leagues would take sports away from Fox. Off the top of my head, I can't think of anything in sports they do well.

Except for having animated robots for NFL games. They're good at that.