• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Shaman

10/11 GDT: Red Wings 3, Senators 2

Rate this topic

And by that same token, Datsyuk and Zetterberg dont play together on the 4 on 4. Its been Hossa and Datsyuk and Zetterberg and Franzen. So why didnt he go with Franzen and Zetterberg?

...and Im asking this question seriously cause I cant see a replay. Was Franzen just coming off a shift?

Here's the shifts:

Start of Detroit PK: Cleary and Filppula.

- Datsyuk and Hossa 1:30 left in PK

- Zetterberg and Franzen 1:00 left in PK

- 44sec left in PK - Penalty on Vermette

1 shift of 4-on-4:

- Cleary/Filppula start

- Datsyuk and Zetterberg at 12:30 mark of 3rd (FSD had no 4-on-4 time indicator on the screen)

- Holmstrom comes on for Draper when his penalty expires.

It's pretty clear Babcock wanted Zetterberg/Datsyuk together with the extra open ice on 4-on-4 and to be out on the short PP opportunity initially. Holmstrom has been on the bench for a while because of the PK/4-on-4/PP stretch so it's natural he'll come out first.

The Franzen-Flip-Hossa line comes out for the last 15 seconds of the powerplay, basically out of necessity because of the shuffling of the lines during the uneven play.

Ok. In the fairy tale where Z and Pavel are together on a line... you slap Babcock upside the head and break them up.

If that won't work I'd prefer Franzen taking the draws and shifting to the wing with Hudler in the middle. Hudler can properly distribute the puck. Much better than Filppula can.

Exactly. Filppula has good offensive qualities, but not those that are crucial to centering a top offensive line. Filppula has a great shot and is a good puck carrier with his speed, but his offensive awareness and distribution are lacking.

And thats the reason why I dont think Babs would ever go back to the ZDH line 5 on 5. The PP is a different story. We've seen Cleary, Hudler, and Franzen as the 2nd unit last year. So going with Franzen as the center for the 2nd PP unit, and Hossa and Hudler on the wings, thats entirely feasible.

Except that Babcock has said he's going to stick with his top two 5-on-5 lines as his top two power-play units, save for a swap of Stuart for Samuelsson.

Guest Four

OMG is half of lgw bi-polar?!

Yes, the wings are doing bad right now, we'll just need lots of practice as a full TEAM and not as two. The two teams was dumb. Oh and calling up Meech, Ericsson and Leino wouldn't be so bad too Babcock ;)

LETS GET THIS TEAM TOGETHER!!

Nice to see Hank and Franzen pick it up late.. Well Franzen, maybe Z was just lucky with the assists

He was centering Hossa for one shift, that of which lasted a whole, what, 15 seconds, and that is ALL that was NEEDED for Babcock to realize that it was a horrible idea. Look, you're Finnish, I fully expect you to defend Flip 'til the death.

OK, so 120 minutes isn't enough to start criticizing the team, but 15 seconds is all you need to jump on Val?

OK, so 120 minutes isn't enough to start criticizing the team, but 15 seconds is all you need to jump on Val?

Osgood looks rusty, never seen the team turn the puck over as much as they have, they look like they aren't interested, they turn the puck over more than they ever have, they turn the puck over more than they ever have. They turn the puck over more than they ever have. They turn the puck over more than ever they ever have. They aren't controlling the puck. Shall I keep going for you?

Well, apparently you haven't been reading this whole thread. Because if you had you would have seen, among the many other times, that I have said Flip is potentially a 65-70 point guy and a top 2 line center. BUT, as of right now, he isn't anywhere near that. RIGHT NOW he isn't a good enough CENTER to be dishing Hossa the puck. His offensive awareness isn't developed enough nor is his passing skill. He is a perfect third line center. Perfect defensive center for this team. Don't know how many times I have to say it.

People have been pretty much reiterating what I have been saying for the past couple days and about the last 2 pages in this thread and they tend to agree with each other, yet people dismiss mine. Either I'm a jackass or people only pick what they want to from my posts and try to argue. Either way, the people that share my viewpoint are among the more respected of all the posters. That's all that matters.

*edit* I forgot a period

*edit* Funny the guy with the Flip sig says that.............................

Edited by dallas27

Osgood looks rusty, never seen the team turn the puck over as much as they have, they look like they aren't interested, they turn the puck over more than they ever have, they turn the puck over more than ever have They turn the puck more than they ever have. They turn the puck more than ever they ever have. They aren't controlling the puck. Shall I keep going for you?

Well, apparently you haven't been reading this whole thread. Because if you had you would have seen, among the many other times, that I have said Flip is potentially a 65-70 point guy and a top 2 line center. BUT, as of right now, he isn't anywhere near that. RIGHT NOW he isn't a good enough CENTER to be dishing Hossa the puck. His offensive awareness isn't devolved enough nor is his passing skill. He is a perfect third line center. Perfect defensive center for this team. Don't know how many times I have to say it.

People have been pretty much reiterating what I have been saying for the past couple days and about the last 2 pages in this thread and they tend to agree with each other, yet people dismiss mine. Either I'm a jackass or people only pick what they want to from my posts and try to argue. Either way, the people that share my viewpoint are among the more respected of all the posters. That's all that matters.

No, I don't see anything wrong with your viewpoint. I disagree with your assessment of Flip currently, but that's neither here nor there. I was just saying I don't get how it's not OK for people to criticize the team after 2 games, but it's fine to denigrate Flip after 20 seconds.

No, I don't see anything wrong with your viewpoint. I disagree with your assessment of Flip currently, but that's neither here nor there. I was just saying I don't get how it's not OK for people to criticize the team after 2 games, but it's fine to denigrate Flip after 20 seconds.

It's not that we are doing that so much as saying Hossa needs a play maker to be centering him. We all know Flip's potential, and if he turns out to be the player management and all of us believe he's going to be as much as a steal as Z is right now at his salary.

*edit* And if it turns out to be that way, God bless Kenny Holland. Add another player that was brainwashed to be a Detroit Red Wing. They got some type of kool-aid going, we just gotta figure out what's in it :lol:

Edited by dallas27

Thank You NN!!!!

It all comes down to passing and who will get the puck to Hossa more effectively... Franzen and or Hudler...

This doesnt make any sense... Datsyuk is on Hossa's line and can dish a better puck than both Franzen and Hudler. That doesnt mean a thing. He needs a player to play with the same tendencies as him so he can be aware.

This doesnt make any sense... Datsyuk is on Hossa's line and can dish a better puck than both Franzen and Hudler. That doesnt mean a thing. He needs a player to play with the same tendencies as him so he can be aware.

If you read the entire thread, it was about keeping Pavel, Hank, and Homer together and put Hossa with Franzen and Hudler...

More tongue and cheek than anything.

Granted this quote is about the PP, but the same premise works for ES as well.

"We've got different people now. That's one of the things we're working out. It would be very easy for me to go Z, Pav and Homer. I think it's important that we stay with the process we're in. I think we'll be a better hockey club long term if we continue to go the way we're going."

You guys are stupid. Wings won. The lines are slowly coming together, but I see vast potential on the way. Those mistakes will fade in time.

No. When you are a Wings fan any mistake means the lines need to be changed.

Trade Hossa for a good French Canadian. That's what this team needs obviously.

Sure, just go piss off the Quebec Members we have on this board...

Well weren't the French Canadians some of the best players back in the day? And since Don Cherry says we need Canadian players...

It wasn't meant to be a knock on anyone guys...

Well weren't the French Canadians some of the best players back in the day? And since Don Cherry says we need Canadian players...

It wasn't meant to be a knock on anyone guys...

Cherry last night was talking about people from the "O" ; not specifically French Canadians... And then the other dood said the last time a team won the Cup without a European player on the roster was back in 1978 or 1979 or something....

Now ya got Dallas27 mad and he is going to find ya dressed in his flannel and chop you to pieces with his mighty axe.

Glad I am not you.

Edited by Rivalred