• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Shaman

10/11 GDT: Red Wings 3, Senators 2

Rate this topic

So tell me, why aren't you worried, the team has looked like something the cat dragged in last couple of games.. when is the improvement gonna take place?

Dont worry about it. Babs recognized a switchup was needed when he sent the old ZDH line out there. Not surprisingly, it was out best shift on the PP thus far. But then he had Flip out there centering Hossa and Franzen and....that didnt look so hot. Hes probably got the wheels turning for changes to the PP.

As for the even strength lines, I dont think there are any better options than what Babs has. Someone needs to get Hossa going, and theres no one better than to do that than Datsyuk. Both top lines looked better tonight, but they're still not there. I hope it comes soon, though. We wont get freebies like Gerber gave us for the winner tonight.

Mindfly, reasonable people are not worried because it's two games. Do you not know the culture of this team? People like Yzerman, Lidstrom, Draper, Osgood. There is no panic. It's early into the season. Let the team get back into rythme and get some chemistry. We have 80 more games. Do you honestly think we are going to miss the playoffs or something?

These comments are absolutelt REDICULOUS by some of you people.....JESUS CHRIST!!!! I am so angry right now.

The only thing ridiculous is your spelling. :P

Kidding, but seriously. Youre posts are just as annoying as anyone panicking. And thus far, the "panicking" has not been panicking at all, but harsh criticism of a team that has severely underperformed when they should be knocking dead two teams that are nothing more than middle of the pack squads.

Mindfly, reasonable people are not worried because it's two games. Do you not know the culture of this team? People like Yzerman, Lidstrom, Draper, Osgood. There is no panic. It's early into the season. Let the team get back into rythme and get some chemistry. We have 80 more games. Do you honestly think we are going to miss the playoffs or something?

These comments are absolutelt REDICULOUS by some of you people.....JESUS CHRIST!!!! I am so angry right now.

Wow. You need to step away from your computer, go outside, and take a deep breath.

If you lose sleep over something someone said on a message board, you need to reevaluate your life.

Kopecky looked pretty good today and had some nice chances. But some people are going to see what they want to see no matter what happens.

Exactly, which is why you praised his play just now.

You're seeing things I'm not seeing with Kopecky. The guy has never done anything here, yet some people actually defend him for his lackluster play.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Please, PLEASE tell me you're not serious.

Is this really a serious question? Is it just really, really late over there and this is something you posted while sleep-deprived?

I think mindflys feelings are getting a little lost in translation..

Why are some of you still bitching? Seriously. They just came off a fantastic season and winning the Cup and STILL you guys find something to complain about. Leave them the hell alone. They are not perfect. They are NOT going to win every damn game or show up with their "A" game night in and out. It happens. That's why sports are amazing. Most of you act like the Wing are some super human hockey team that if God forbid they have an off game or two that the world is coming to an end. Get a damn grip. My goodness.

/end rant

Glad we won, GO WINGS!

Why are some of you still bitching? Seriously. They just came off a fantastic season and winning the Cup and STILL you guys find something to complain about. Leave them the hell alone. They are not perfect. They are NOT going to win every damn game or show up with their "A" game night in and out. It happens. That's why sports are amazing. Most of you act like the Wing are some super human hockey team that if God forbid they have an off game or two that the world is coming to an end. Get a damn grip. My goodness.

/end rant

Glad we won, GO WINGS!

But...they....are...superhuman...

Guest Shoreline

/end rant

Glad we won, GO WINGS!

LGW: OUR TEAM IS f***ED IF WE DON'T WIN BY FIVE GOALS EVERY NIGHT.

Indeed.

LGW: OUR TEAM IS f***ED IF WE DON'T WIN BY FIVE GOALS EVERY NIGHT.

Seriously, chill and process the difference between panic and criticism. You'll find that almost every post in this thread falls into the latter category, if either.

Seriously, chill and process the difference between panic and criticism. You'll find that almost every post in this thread falls into the latter category, if either.

given all the "OH s*** TWO GAMES IN AND THE CHEMISTRY ISN'T THERE YET, GO BACK TO OUR ZDH LINE CRUTCH!" cries, I'd list these last few GDT firmly into the 'panic' category. And unless Mike Babcock can somehow mind-meld with you over great distances, doing EITHER is facepalmingly useless.

Edited by Cern

Can't say I'm surprised at the first week sluggishness. We had a lot of players sitting out good chunks of training camp for minor injuries and assorted other aches and pains. (Which makes sense. You don't want a player to do something in a preseason game that causes them to miss 20+ when it counts)

But that does put the team a little bit behind other teams that were able to go more full speed as they ramped up the season, and it's shown so far.

It would be nice if they were playing better right now, but I wouldn't get concerned until about three weeks in when everyone should, in theory, be back in the groove.

There's rational criticism and irrational criticism. I'm seeing more of the latter.

Am I happy about the Red Wings' play to start the season? No, it's left a bit to be desired in all areas. Having said that, it's nothing that doesn't get fixed a few games into the season. Kinks work themselves out, the squeaky wheel gets the grease, etc...

But by no means is it "SHUFFLE THE LINES! TAKE OFF YOUR VISOR, NICK! WE'RE GOING TO LOSE IN THE FIRST ROUND!" rants that I've read over the last three days.

Some of these posts should get them committed.

And unless Mike Babcock can somehow mind-meld with you over great distances, doing EITHER is facepalmingly useless.

Oh yeah. I forgot thats the reason why criticism existed! To change the minds of those controlling decisions. Someone go and call Roger and Ebert and tell them to put a stop to their useless criticism.

Again, criticism is passion. And frankly, it makes this board a lot more exciting then everyone sitting around ho-hum. Really Cern, you wouldnt have anything to post about if it werent for folks and their criticism.

So, what was the point of your post again? Again, to critcize the critics? Vicious cycle, no?

Exactly, which is why you praised his play just now.

You're seeing things I'm not seeing with Kopecky. The guy has never done anything here, yet some people actually defend him for his lackluster play.

I watched the second half of the game, and I saw two near-goals from 'grinder' Kopecky. That's more than I saw from 'scorers' Datsyuk, Filppula (granted, this is after Flip's goal), Samuelsson, Holmstrom, or Cleary in the same period and a half of hockey. It's also more scoring chances than Draper and Maltby had, for reference.

Kopecky is not a superstar, but he is a good player. If he wasn't a good player, Leino or Helm would be skating in his spot.

Oh yeah. I forgot thats the reason why criticism existed! To change the minds of those controlling decisions. Someone go and call Roger and Ebert and tell them to put a stop to their useless criticism.

Again, criticism is passion. And frankly, it makes this board a lot more exciting then everyone sitting around ho-hum. Really Cern, you wouldnt have anything to post about if it werent for folks and their criticism.

So, what was the point of your post again? Again, to critcize the critics? Vicious cycle, no?

:lol:

I didn't know that Roger Ebert has turned into 2 different people.

That would explain why his reviews have been so lackluster lately.

There's rational criticism and irrational criticism. I'm seeing more of the latter.

Am I happy about the Red Wings' play to start the season? No, it's left a bit to be desired in all areas. Having said that, it's nothing that doesn't get fixed a few games into the season. Kinks work themselves out, the squeaky wheel gets the grease, etc...

But by no means is it "SHUFFLE THE LINES! TAKE OFF YOUR VISOR, NICK! WE'RE GOING TO LOSE IN THE FIRST ROUND!" rants that I've read over the last three days.

Haha. Theres none of either. Criticism is, by nature, subjective.

Again, where are these posts coming from? Mindfly made a comment about Nicks visor in jest, and then suggested some changes to the PP which Babcock did in the game himself. So whats the problem again?

64021719.CHPTbjAb.applause.gif

I watched the second half of the game, and I saw two near-goals from 'grinder' Kopecky. That's more than I saw from 'scorers' Datsyuk, Filppula (granted, this is after Flip's goal), Samuelsson, Holmstrom, or Cleary in the same period and a half of hockey. It's also more scoring chances than Draper and Maltby had, for reference.

Kopecky is not a superstar, but he is a good player. If he wasn't a good player, Leino or Helm would be skating in his spot.

I think both those players are better than he is, but you're entitled to your opinion.

It is amazing on how many people think the sky is falling. 1st game back with new lines and lost by one goal. 2nd game they play, they win by 1 goal and one of the goals they surrendered was on a 5-3.

I am all for freedom of speech and letting ones express that, but please be a little more articulate about it. The Wing's have been one of the more consistent teams in the last 15 years. They just won the Cup and had an outstanding run in the playoffs. Where does anyone come off criticizing their play?

I chalk this one up to people getting too spoiled to the Wings dominating every aspect of the game. There is always room for improvement and they played a HELL of a lot better than they did Thursday night against TO.

Now, if any member here does not want to recognize that and all the other aspects, please just keep your outlandish comments to yourself. Matt usually does not say anything to someone unless it is total off the level, so take that information and chew on it for a while people.

Edited by Rivalred