• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
going_top_shelf

3rd Jersey?

Rate this topic

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I want one that looks like the ones we have now just with a tie up neck. All of the original six teams should have a tie up neck. They just look so cool.

The vintage jersey with the word Detroit across the chest, two red stripes above, two below is my all time favorite wings jersey. Classic, simple, and now vintage. I'd love to see them sport that jersey for a game or two.

:thumbup: Agreed completely. IF, and I stress that word heavily, IF they ever get a third jersey, I would HOPE that it would be their retro "DETROIT" jersey. I love that jersey and I think they did it perfectly. Not too busy, very simple.

Either way, I like our jerseys the way they are.

Although... I've always wanted to see purple-sparkley Wings jerseys, or maybe a soft pink? How about a powder blue, or a nice beige?

Nah... I'll stick with the good 'ole red and white. And yeah-- maybe they'd look like candy canes out there in their retro jersies, they'd still kick the s*** out of any team.

Keep it simple, and if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

How about a throwback that has the really old logo? That keeps the brilliant logo but it brings out the vintage part of Detroit's legacy.

I would have no problem seeing Franner scoring a hat trick in a gordie Howe-esque jersey.

You can't really see it all that good but i would love for them to actually use the Black with two color (red/white) lettering.

its the 2nd row, first column on the left

DSC00431.jpg

for the record that is NOT the practice jersey... below is the black practice jersey

41-23949-P.jpg

2473346917_Stanley_Cup_Penguins_Red.jpg

Edited by OsGOD

Dude, you own a Jamie Rivers jersey?! :yowza:

You can't really see it all that good but i would love for them to actually use the Black with two color (red/white) lettering.

its the 2nd row, first column on the left

DSC00431.jpg

for the record that is NOT the practice jersey... below is the black practice jersey

41-23949-P.jpg

2473346917_Stanley_Cup_Penguins_Red.jpg

There is no need whatsoever for a third jersey. But, if we ever did decide to become conformists, I think something along the lines of the Leafs third would work. As a bunch of you have already mentioned, there is no need to change perfection.

I like the lace up neck as well but I would not change a thing about the logo. The only other tweek I would consider is a slightly darker red colour. As for the winter classic I have seen the old cougars jersey as a knit sweater I like that but not sure if a sweater is "playable" in it would be a nice touch if your into old school sentimental touches.

why not, i like the idea of throwing some black in there, and the logo is great but if they did change it i would just want it rotated so it looks like the wheel is gonna run you over and then the wings coming out behind it

Why do something just because everyone else does? There is nothing wrong with a third jersey, except the Red Wings don't need one.

No need to fix something that definitely isn't broke.

see thats just it. we are not changing the jersey for christs sakes we are adding a THIRD.everyone acts like our other jerseys will be banished,again we would be adding one +the 2 we already have. :thumbup:

Looking at your avatar, I can see why you might like some black in the Wings jersey. :ph34r:

and what exactly is that suppose to mean? because i like the joker....better come up with something a little bettter than that if your going to try and take a personal jab at someone.

Laces on the Wings jersey now? Detroit has never had laces on their jerseys, so again, no need to change. Adding laces to a Wings jersey, even if it is a 3rd/Alternate, or even if you think it adds heritage, is just be an attempt to force a tradition where one doesn't exist.

Laces on the sweater was always a Rangers and Habs thing.

see thats just it. we are not changing the jersey for christs sakes we are adding a THIRD.everyone acts like our other jerseys will be banished,again we would be adding one +the 2 we already have. :thumbup:

Yes but it is bastardizing the entire tradition of Detroit just because black "looks cool" in a practice jersey.

f*** that. Detroit has always been in a league of its own and doing something as dumb as a third jersey that isn't a retro one just goes completely against the grain.

Once again, f*** that.

Dude, you own a Jamie Rivers jersey?! :yowza:

That i do... also have his jersey on the Blue when he did some time there.

Its nice have your last name on a jersey... even if the player leaves it is still relevant for you to wear.

Every game you wear the stupid third is a game you don't wear the classics.

What's the point to a third jersey? So we can be like all the cool kids? Who don't have Stanley Cups, but they do have an INTIMIDATING BLACK JERSEY. What on earth do we need with a black jersey, or any third at all?

While I like some of the 3rd jerseys out there and I think it is fine for teams to have them, I do not want the Red Wings to have one. Nothing can be improved upon. And for the love of all that is holy, no black. Way too much of that out there IMO. Although, I do hope that we wear a vintage jersey for the classic. But that's it. Bring one out only for special occasions that might happen once every four to eight years or so.

So wearing a third black color jersey eliminates us from cup contention now? Why can't we have intimdating black jerseys AND win the stanley cup?

Personally i like the way the lettered black jersey looks... not the black practice style cause well thats what every team uses to practice with... but the black one i have looks great.

Edited by OsGOD

So wearing a third black color jersey eliminates us from cup contention now? Why can't we have intimdating black jerseys AND win the stanley cup?

Because the main reason people talk about a third jersey is "all the cool kids are doing it"

Detroit is an original six team. They need to keep their tradition and not follow every trend that comes into the NHL. If they ever did a throwback it should reflect their history, like the Wings jerseys of old (smaller, vintage logo)

Personally i like the way the lettered black jersey looks... not the black practice style cause well thats what every team uses to practice with... but the black one i have looks great.

Black doesn't look bad for the fans...