• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
timothy1997

2008-09 College Hoops Thread

Rate this topic

For me tonight things just got real interesting for tomorrow's game. I made a bet with my MSU buddy...

If MSU wins I will be going to the MSU spring game with him....I will be forced to wear a Drew Stanton or Drew Naymick jersey.

If UNC wins he will be going to the U-M spring game with me...with a Mike Hart, or Brent Petway jersey on.

If it goes to OT the bet is off, because both of us want to watch the right spring game.

What have I got myself into!

Edited by mannysBETTER3434

For me tonight things just got real interesting for tomorrow's game. I made a bet with my MSU buddy...

If MSU wins I will be going to the MSU spring game with him....I will be forced to wear a Drew Stanton or Drew Naymick jersey.

If UNC wins he will be going to the U-M spring game with me...with a Mike Hart, or Brent Petway jersey on.

If it goes to OT the bet is off, because both of us want to watch the right spring game.

What have I got myself into!

Probably the U-M spring game ;) Probably.

Anyway it's a good bet. Hart's a hell of a lot more offensive to Sparty fans than Stanton is to us.

no matter what happens tonight, i love this run that MSU has made in the tourny. this years team easily is in my top 5 MSU basketball teams, right with the 2000 team & the 2005 team.

UNC is the only true great team in this whole tournament. UNC starters came back for this reason, to win the national championship. The crowd has to be a big factor as well as the bench in that all 10 players contribute for MSU to have a shot at beating them. Only the 1985 Villanova team has defeated 3 #1 seeds to win the National Championship.

That is a pretty good bet on your part really...now do you own the Petway jersey he (might) have to wear? Because that's pretty funny right there.

Oh no way on owning a Petway jersey!! That would be the worst financial decision in my life! We know someone who custom made one...I don't know why you would do that, but he did.

Anyway it's a good bet. Hart's a hell of a lot more offensive to Sparty fans than Stanton is to us.

Don't want to change the subject here, but you think so? Stanton made some U-M locker room material a couple of times IIRC.

Oh no way on owning a Petway jersey!! That would be the worst financial decision in my life! We know someone who custom made one...I don't know why you would do that, but he did.

:lol: that is too funny. I can't believe someone would pay money to have a custom Petway jersey, he would have been better off just lighting the money on fire. Of course Petway will live forever in song...

My favorite is when he rhymes "hunter" with "hunter" :lol:

I am so ******* pumped up for tonight, I actually thought about driving back to Michigan after the game on Saturday. I'm still thinking I should have. Maybe I should just head to the airport and see if I can catch a standby flight home.

:lol: that is too funny. I can't believe someone would pay money to have a custom Petway jersey, he would have been better off just lighting the money on fire. Of course Petway will live forever in song...

My favorite is when he rhymes "hunter" with "hunter" :lol:

I am so ******* pumped up for tonight, I actually thought about driving back to Michigan after the game on Saturday. I'm still thinking I should have. Maybe I should just head to the airport and see if I can catch a standby flight home.

When that bet went down I watched that video last night. My favorite part is the Hunter part too!! What a joke!! Wow, I couldn't stand him! I give props to the MSU student who made that video. It was put together well. So is the Hitler one about MSU/UM football too.

My MSU buddy just spent $1750 for four nose bleed seats for tonight. He's on his way now. I can't blame him though. Like he said it is probably once in a lifetime. I would do the same thing.

Ahhh I would like to see my 25th birthday someday!

Looks like you get to go see the right spring game.

Credit to Sparty, Izzo never lets that team give up on a game. But UNC has just an absolutely sick starting lineup. Just tons of talent in that starting five.

its unfair. no college hoops team should be that good.

Experience showed up big team for UNC. Hope Morgan, Lucas, Summers, and all the rest of the young players look at this and want to be Carolina next year. Walton and Suton are gone now, both have a shot at the NBA.

Looks like you get to go see the right spring game.

Credit to Sparty, Izzo never lets that team give up on a game. But UNC has just an absolutely sick starting lineup. Just tons of talent in that starting five.

UNC is ridiculous, and you're right MSU never gave up. Disappointing it was a closer game, but UNC is just that good.

UNC is ridiculous, and you're right MSU never gave up. Disappointing it was a closer game, but UNC is just that good.

you wonder if several years from now, people are gonna be surprised that UNC lost 4 games with this team. Hansbrough, Lawson, Ellington, Green, Thompson are all NBA bound. Thompson might be the only one to stick around for next year.

MSU's starting roster for next year should be this:

C Sherman

F Roe

F Morgan

G Allen/Summers

G Lucas

Green, Lucious, Herzog, Dahlman, Nix should be the bench.

Sherman and Nix are incoming freshman. Nix needs to lose some weight in order to be effective (6'9" 275 lbs). The more I see this kid Sherman, the more I like him as a talented center.

Herzog is the only true center on this team left.

Lucious should be a solid backup to Lucas

Lucas and Morgan returning are key to MSU making a run at another final four or not. The program is getting players, the talent is coming. Morgan and Lucas both need at least another year before the NBA tho.

How does Michigan fans feel about their team? I think you got a young nucleus of talent, led by Corperryale. How far he can lead Michigan....I guess we will find out.

Edited by timothy1997

MSU's starting roster for next year should be this:

C Sherman

F Roe

F Morgan

G Allen/Summers

G Lucas

Green, Lucious, Herzog, Dahlman, Nix should be the bench.

Sherman and Nix are incoming freshman. Nix needs to lose some weight in order to be effective (6'9" 275 lbs). The more I see this kid Sherman, the more I like him as a talented center.

Herzog is the only true center on this team left.

Lucious should be a solid backup to Lucas

Lucas and Morgan returning are key to MSU making a run at another final four or not. The program is getting players, the talent is coming. Morgan and Lucas both need at least another year before the NBA tho.

How does Michigan fans feel about their team? I think you got a young nucleus of talent, led by Corperryale. How far he can lead Michigan....I guess we will find out.

You think Sherman will start? I've never seen him play so I don't know. I've seen Nix play, and I think he really should redshirt, but I don't think the depth will allow him too. Nix ozzes potential though. He ate Green for dinner 2 seasons ago, but he added a lot of fat he needs to lose now.

I think Michigan is going to start out struggling, but then get things into gear later on. There will either be a SG playing PG, or a true freshmen PG thrown in the fire since Grady left. Plus I think U-M will be able to play with 2 big men on the floor at once instead of 4 small guys+Sims. So those 2 factors will take some time to get used too. They don't really lose much though and are adding some good recruits so there is excitement there. I do think Lee/Merrit's leadership could be a bigger lose then people think. Hopefully Sims, and Harris fill that void.

You think Sherman will start? I've never seen him play so I don't know. I've seen Nix play, and I think he really should redshirt, but I don't think the depth will allow him too. Nix ozzes potential though. He ate Green for dinner 2 seasons ago, but he added a lot of fat he needs to lose now.

I think Michigan is going to start out struggling, but then get things into gear later on. There will either be a SG playing PG, or a true freshmen PG thrown in the fire since Grady left. Plus I think U-M will be able to play with 2 big men on the floor at once instead of 4 small guys+Sims. So those 2 factors will take some time to get used too. They don't really lose much though and are adding some good recruits so there is excitement there. I do think Lee/Merrit's leadership could be a bigger lose then people think. Hopefully Sims, and Harris fill that void.

Its gonna be close between Sherman and Green. Green is a nice rebounder but Sherman is more of a true center. Izzo has shown he is not afraid of starting freshman either so I am factoring in that. Nix does have a chance to be redshirted. I heard he is losing weight to get in more of a playing shape.

I think Michigan will have a decent team next year. I think they can be a sweet 16 next year if they make the tournament, and get seeded right.

Only weak team is Indiana...yet they were in a rebuilding mode.

Yeah, but Indiana impressed me last year. Yeah they sucked, but they gave teams problems most of the time. I think Creen is a good hire, and they will only continue to get better when the talent comes in (which shouldn't be a problem). Iowa is going to struggle next season. Three players are planning on leaving, and they lost one of their recruits.