• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Echolalia

Good Lord Chicago

Rate this topic

I just realized they're 5 points behind us with a game in hand, and we verse them on the 30th, and again on New Years for the Winter Classic. I knew Chicago had a good future, but I didn't realize that it was already here. I don't know if this is really discussion worthy, but the fact that they're right with us isn't really talked about much what with San Jose and Boston destroying the world. Anyway the Winter Classic may have a bit more of a personal vendetta to it, with the standings so close between us.

Also: feel free to rate this a 1-star captain tough-grade, its probably the only discussion on the top page that actually deserves it.

The Hawks got alot of rave reviews on HNIC Saturday night for the way they have played like a house on fire the last month, I do see the two games with them as BIG games as far as the division is concerned. At least this year they can't say that the Wings play a weak division.

I have been thinking about this since last season, as the Wings had their issues with the Hawks. They are really good. And the way the Wings are playing up and down, and the goals allowed. I am just hoping we have an up game at the Winter Classic, and not embarass ourselves.

Guest Shoreline

Let's just say it's another test. Wings have been taking it easy on them the last handful of seasons. Hopefully not now.

At least this year they can't say that the Wings play a weak division.

That lame duck argument that the Wings owe much of their regular season success to the fact that they play in a weak division was put to rest last year when their record against division opponents was far from stellar, yet they still managed to win the President's Trophy and the Stanley Cup.

That said, it is great to finally see Chicago be respectable once again as it is not only vital to the league's success, but it also makes the division interesting again.

Since the passing of Bill Wirtz last September, the Chicago Blackhawks have experienced an instant turnaround in the front office, and surprisingly, on the ice.

It makes me wonder what would happen if Bill Wirtz were to somehow come back to life and see the way things have turned around for the better. Would he be happy with the changes or would he tell Rocky to move over because we are going back to doing things my way.

Don't worry, once Bulin jumps ship to the highest bidder next season the Hawks will be stuck with Huet who anyone can see is a sieve.

Huet's got a 2.39 GAA and .916 sv%. Better than either of our goalies thus far this season.

Hawks are very good this season. I can't wait for the winter classic, it oughta be interesting!

There's a hockey team here? Where? Seriously, outside of a couple friends, no one here is talking about this team and if there are, its only because of the Winter Classic, they probably couldn't tell you use the Hawks played last week or play this week. But then if the unspeakable happens and they win on the first, thats all I'll hear till April.

There's a hockey team here? Where? Seriously, outside of a couple friends, no one here is talking about this team and if there are, its only because of the Winter Classic, they probably couldn't tell you use the Hawks played last week or play this week. But then if the unspeakable happens and they win on the first, thats all I'll hear till April.

Well if the redwings face hawks in the playoffs its gonna be crazy and if they redwings slack off just a little we are gonna be golfing the rest of the summer....

Same for teams like the canucks... gonna be crazy in the playoffs this year i think teams like dallas and the avs are not even gonna make the playoffs....

Khabibulin jumps to the KHL July 1. You heard it here first.

In the meantime, they remind me a lot of the Senators from a few years ago, just when Spezza was starting to break out. Lots of speedy playmaking forwards and puck-moving defencemen. They just need to trade for Curtis Leschyshyn and Ron Tugnutt and they're there.

Chicago is playing great right now and they are really young and fast. They are a team I am scared of as a Wings fan.

They mentioned a stat last night they have won 7 in a row.

Also, the KHL just cut salaries across the board by 30%, so those NHL players they lured away with big contracts aren't worth quite the same amount of rubles.

After the last three years of terrible hockey, no one is going to pay a soon-to-be 36 year old Khabi nearly the same amount as the KHL would be able to. And I'm sure It wouldn't take an exceptional offer for him to move home.

Needless, the Hawks are very skilled and very young.

IMO Brian Campbell is one of the most overrated players in the game today.

I hate Brian Campbell.

How can you hate someone that's so arrogant they try the same junior league asinine spin-o-ramma move twice a game, 82 games a year? (and yes- it seems like the opposing players have learned to anticipate his nightly spin-o-rammas!)

Before the season began Vegas gave them 40:1 odds of winning the cup. As each game passes by I wish I would have put some money down on them.

I'm too much of a ***** to bet, personally, but I'm also a victim of rising college tuition prices, and possibly more student loans for medschool, if I get accepted.

I'm glad Chicago is getting better and better. It seemed wrong to have such a great jersey with such a poor record. Hopefully they continue in years to come and make for some great games with the Wings and Blues. Those three teams need to be the best in the West cause really they are the only ones I can stand. Better than hearing about the Ducks or Avalanche or God help us the Coyotes. That and I prefer the Class of 67 and prior teams.

That said, Hawks could prove a feisty b***h come playoffs.

Chicago fans deserve a good team, I have a lot of respect for most of them.

I disagree. I generally like Chicago sports fans, but Blackhawks fans in particular are the worst in all of pro sports. As far as I'm concerned, what they deserve is to suffer a lifelong case of Stanley Cup blueballs that they take to their graves.

They've asked for every bad thing they've gotten, too. Instead of cheering their team, they chant "Detroit Sucks," even when they're not playing the Red Wings. You think that's not a factor in why they've been so bad? It's all because their fans are so crappy. You reap what you sow, and the Blackhawks fans have reaped a brutal, savage, karmic assf**king for being the worst fans in all of pro sports.