• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/17 GDT: Sharks 6, Red Wings 5

Rate this topic

I don't think things look too bad in the 1st.

The Sharks are playing really good, but we still had shifts were we pushed them back, and we didn't let up many dangerous chances despite the Sharks occupying our zone for long periods of time.

As long as Ozzie doesn't let in any more soft ones, this game is wide open.

Great game by the way. Looks like a playoff game and you can tell that the Sharks especially are mad focused.

Good thing is we are behind by only 1. We played like a s*** and got knocked out by Sharks from everyone during the game.

We have to be very sharp in the 2nd period

Like s***? Dude....have you seen an Isles game this season?

I agree.....coming off a shutout, he really should have started.

It's not even that. Osgood has shown nothing this season to deserve a start in such a big game. He's going to give up at least one more goal tonight. Possibly more. Not sure if the Wings will manage to get 3 more past Nabokov tonight.

Is that the real reason Osgood is in net? Just because? No offense to Osgood, but hes been too inconsistent this year to be playing in this big of a game. In fact, unless Osgood shows some sort of turn around and puts together some consistent efforts, I dont even want to see him in the playoffs.

We had them running around in their own zone for a bit. Their PK wasn't that great either. We got some good chances even with the puck bouncing all over the place.

I think the puck bouncing is going to greatly affect us since the ability to pass the puck is at the core of our offensive game.

It's not even that. Osgood has shown nothing this season to deserve a start in such a big game. He's going to give up at least one more goal tonight. Possibly more. Not sure if the Wings will manage to get 3 more past Nabokov tonight.

Why not? Nabby isn't known for standing on his head, and the Sharks weakest area tonight is defense. I'm not worried about potting the goals, but I AM worried about Osgood giving up 4 or 5.

Like s***? Dude....have you seen an Isles game this season?

I believe we're watching Sharks vs Red Wings, not sharks vs Islanders. We have a WAY higher standard than the Islanders. Do you think the wings are coming out of this period thinking "Well, we're better than the new york islands. that's sort of like a stanley cup, right?"

That said, I think the period was relatively even. We could stand up a bit more defensively though.

Is that the real reason Osgood is in net? Just because? No offense to Osgood, but hes been too inconsistent this year to be playing in this big of a game.

I've got to agree with this. That first goal was pretty standard fare, unfortunately, for Oz of late. Play the hot hand in the big game, is my feeling. Most of the time it seems Babcock has gone that way, but for whatever reason not tonight.

overall, u could say the wings weathered the storm. their down 1 after the 1 period in which the sharks essentially gave them everything they had. the wings will climb back into this one, just like the other games this season

I agree.....coming off a shutout, he really should have started.

I agree as well. That first goal was bulls*** he let it, though so was nabokov's. We countered a bulls*** goal with a bulls*** goal...f***, both were less goals and more lack of saves.

We didn't play like s***. We started out apprehensively, the established a decent offensive game, then towards the end of the period improved on the defense. We got some good chances. The only thing I'm really pissed about is the way EVERYONE on the ice literally had their feet planted when San Jose scored the go-ahead goal. Guys like Stuart, Hank, and Hossa just standing there in la la land, letting San Jose dance around them. Eliminate that shift, and its a pretty even game, cept the physicality.

I agree. But both Sharks goals were missed by only few players. First was all by Ozzie and second was by Stuart and Hank. Hank and Hossa should be better than this in the 2nd, totally invisible in the 1st.

Is that the real reason Osgood is in net? Just because? No offense to Osgood, but hes been too inconsistent this year to be playing in this big of a game. In fact, unless Osgood shows some sort of turn around and puts together some consistent efforts, I dont even want to see him in the playoffs.

I think Babs put ozzie in because he is scared of ozzie's ego getting hurt or his confidence going down.

Not that I don't think Conklin should have started, but that's why I think he's in.

I've got to agree with this. That first goal was pretty standard fare, unfortunately, for Oz of late. Play the hot hand in the big game, is my feeling. Most of the time it seems Babcock has gone that way, but for whatever reason not tonight.

This is a point. What many people are thinking of Ozzie is because he was supreme last season but not this season. We better start Conks more than Ozzie.

Babcock just sometimes seems very stubborn in his opinion. It is not the first time that Ozzie has been bad and out of the position in the game. Except for games against the Wild and Stars, he has been pretty bad for other games.

It will be good that he will bounce back but I expect Conks will be our starting goalie.

Ozzie is playing because Babcock wants to see what he's got. Ozzie has finally been playing better of late but Conks has gotten most of the big games. Tonight, he wants to see how Ozzie handles the challenge of facing a top team in a real battle. He hasn't looked great so far, but it's still early.

Ozzie is playing because Babcock wants to see what he's got. Ozzie has finally been playing better of late but Conks has gotten most of the big games. Tonight, he wants to see how Ozzie handles the challenge of facing a top team in a real battle. He hasn't looked great so far, but it's still early.

I don't think thats a good enough reason. This actually IS one of those games where these two points could directly affect our playoff standing. If we lose tonight in regulation, those two points go directly to San Jose. And frankly, with how downright dominant San Jose is at home, it would be a nightmare to face them in their own building for a game 7.

(Edit) If anything, Babs should be seeing what CONKLIN looks like in the biggest game of the season thus far. Conklin is the unknown commodity here, and as the games go on, the reality of him being our playoff starter because more and more possible.

Edited by YoungGuns1340

I think Babs put ozzie in because he is scared of ozzie's ego getting hurt or his confidence going down.

Not that I don't think Conklin should have started, but that's why I think he's in.

You think? After all the crap Ozzie's been through, I wouldn't think he's that fragile, mentally. Maybe he asked to play, 'cause his dad is there. ;)

Seriously, I think perhaps Babs is putting Ozzie in the position of the #1 goalie, he's supposed to win the big games.. He might have to win us a game sometime, and this one is as good a game to practice on as any.

It would be nice to win since the Wings are so close to SJ in points, but if we don't, it's not the end of the world.

The fact that it affects everyone on the ice makes it an invalid excuse. Overcome it.

Are you just looking to be a ****** bag? All I'm saying is I could see it becoming a big factor, you're being ridiculous.