• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/17 GDT: Sharks 6, Red Wings 5

Rate this topic

sharks will get at least four tonight. i hate to say it, but with ozzie in net thats the reality. if the playoffs started tomorrow conks better be in. GHOSTBUSTERS!!! (it just started playing on my itunes )

I believe we're watching Sharks vs Red Wings, not sharks vs Islanders. We have a WAY higher standard than the Islanders. Do you think the wings are coming out of this period thinking "Well, we're better than the new york islands. that's sort of like a stanley cup, right?"

That said, I think the period was relatively even. We could stand up a bit more defensively though.

I believe it doesn't matter what game your watching, playing like s*** is playing like s*** and that WAS NOT a s***ty period. I thought we actually played it pretty well. I'm sorry that your standards are so high that every time they finish the period behind, they're "playing like s***".

Oh yee of little faith. Kidding! Nobody can make fans as shaky as Osgood. You just never know. Last year was a fluke in that he was so solid. Not saying he can't win, but only a whipper snapper would say he was solid in the 98 cup win. He let in LOTs of softies and it was a nerve wraking affair all playoff long. It was hell followed by bliss.

^^ lol, whipper snapper, that's awesome :thumbup:

Ozzie is playing because Babcock wants to see what he's got. Ozzie has finally been playing better of late but Conks has gotten most of the big games. Tonight, he wants to see how Ozzie handles the challenge of facing a top team in a real battle. He hasn't looked great so far, but it's still early.

There are plenty of times to test your goaltending throughout a regular season. Tonight was not one of them, unless of course Babcock doesn't feel winning the Western Conference (nor the President's Trophy) is important this season.

You think? After all the crap Ozzie's been through, I wouldn't think he's that fragile, mentally. Maybe he asked to play, 'cause his dad is there. ;)

Seriously, I think perhaps Babs is putting Ozzie in the position of the #1 goalie, he's supposed to win the big games.. He might have to win us a game sometime, and this one is as good a game to practice on as any.

It would be nice to win since the Wings are so close to SJ in points, but if we don't, it's not the end of the world.

its really not a big deal as long as the wings and sharks finish 1 and 2 in the western since they wont meet until the finals given they both were to make it.

There are plenty of times to test your goaltending throughout a regular season. Tonight was not one of them, unless of course Babcock doesn't feel winning the Western Conference (nor the President's Trophy) is important this season.

Exactly the way I see it.