• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Boycott the All-Star Game

Rate this topic

Well..... I have no plans on watching anything to do with the All-Star Stuff. I didn't even turn on the NHL Network since Wednesday, I didn't watch the skills stuff! I never watch all-star games, no matter what sport it is!! I have always felt the players don't want to be there, so why even have them.

If the league is so worried about the players going to the damn event, put the all-star games before the season starts! I say that because players will likely want to attend, and I think I would be a good kick off to the season, but that is why I am an electrician and not the commish!!

wait... what happened? ohh the festivities were yesterday. lol

i caught a few highlights last night at the bowling alley and i will not be watching the game today. i gotta work anyways, but i still wouldnt watch it.

I boycotted. No ASG for me.

Boycott the ASG because the Wings chose not to send any representatives? That seems kinda strange.

I'm actually disappointed that the Wings didn't send SOMEBODY from the team. I'm sure there are easily two or more younger guys that would have been thrilled to go. And as far as I'm concerned, almost every player on the roster would deserve to be there.

Edited by Broken 16

Guest Four
Boycott the ASG because the Wings chose not to send any representatives? That seems kinda strange.

I'm actually disappointed that the Wings didn't send SOMEBODY from the team. I'm sure there are easily two or more younger guys that would have been thrilled to go. And as far as I'm concerned, almost every player on the roster would deserve to be there.

No, because Bettman is a doosh.

I boycotted. No ASG for me.

Same here.

For me, it was because the voting was a complete joke.

I haven't seen that crooked an election since 2000...or was it 2004???

Doesn't matter to the League Offices. All that matters is that they can officially say that Sidney Crosby holds the League Record for All Star Votes.

The fact that they are as happy as pigs in excrement over such a hollow, meaningless, artificial "record" is yet more testament to the fact that Bettman and Co. are completely out of touch with this Game, and it's fans.

The NHL is rapidly becoming a sideshow.

I haven't seen that crooked an election since 2000...or was it 2004???

2008. But lets agree to disagree on that point.

This was the first time I didn't watch any of the ASW festivities. I watched highlights of the skills competition on youtube and realized how much it has changed since I was a kid in the 90's. I don't believe at all that Chara broke Iafrates shot record (sure today's technology is better, but I think they would inflate the numbers to wow the crowd). Ovechkin's breakaway was stupid, yet creative, I really would have liked to have seen Datsyuk in it but I agree with him that he should save his moves for when they count.

Ovechkin should be the NHL's poster boy. Crosby would have never had done something like that for the fans, he probably would have been whining that what Ovechkin did was against the rules somehow.

Also I am not a fan of not using NHL goalies in the event.

What would you guys like to be seen changed in the voting system for the ASG?

1. Obvious solution is to just put players on the ballot that are actually performing well (you would think this would be obvious by the the NHL)

For example dont get me wrong I really like JSG but do I think he deserved to go to the ASG? No...When they flashed his record when he started the ASG I was like wow... lol

2. Voting Cheating- Everything is turning to technology (cell phone voting)

Technology - ... sure it is easy and fast (if you are not super old like my parents who have a hard time turning on a comp haha) But it is very acceptable to hacking///cheating (the various text scripts mad for the voting for ducks///habs)

Edited by Duck Guy