• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Boycott the All-Star Game

Rate this topic

I propose that all Red Wings fans boycott the All-Star game if Lidstrom and Datsyuk are indeed suspended for not playing. It is a shame that players can be suspended for not playing due to injuries. This just goes to show how much of a ****** bag Bettman really is. I want a healthy Datsyuk and Lidstrom for the second half of the season, not an All-Star appearance.

I propose that all Red Wings fans boycott the All-Star game if Lidstrom and Datsyuk are indeed suspended for not playing. It is a shame that players can be suspended for not playing due to injuries. This just goes to show how much of a ****** bag Bettman really is. I want a healthy Datsyuk and Lidstrom for the second half of the season, not an All-Star appearance.

I'm all for it, but it's pretty hard to hurt the ratings of a show no one watches anyway ...

I already am...was...

Tonight : Whalers Vs. Brampton

Tomorrow: Whalers Vs. Sudbury

Sunday: Whalers Vs Windsor (in windsor)

yup i wasn't planning on watching this joke before all this happened...

I'm all for it, but it's pretty hard to hurt the ratings of a show no one watches anyway ...

haha LGP has a point. I'm definitely not watching a single all-star anything this weekend. As far as I'm concerned hockey is hibernating til Tuesday and Pavel and Nick get extra days rest at home with their families that they deserve and can come back with a vengeance against Dallas thursday. Still furious at Bettman, so much for another 82 game season from Pavel and Lidstrom and Datsyuk, two of the more soft-spoken gentlemen to ever play the game get a suspension.

The only people that can kill ratings are those with Nielsen boxes in their homes. Average John Q TVwatcher has absolutely 0 effect on television ratings without a Nielsen box.

it's not really a box. at least, it hasn't been when we did it. They send you a log book, and have you write down what you're watching, with the channel and such. It also has you write down what time you actually watch the things you DVR. It's pretty cool. Wish they would send it again, so I could scrawl "NOT NHL ALL STAR GAME" across all the timeslots.

somebody invite me to the group also... i will join... i am a friend of someones on here in facebook lol

Off to my hockey weekend (none of which is involving the NHL) just the stars of tomorrow in the OHL with out the politic of today in the NHL.

GO WHALERS!!!!

If I'm bored, I usually will put it on, but after the bulls*** that happened this year and the flaws in the system, I'm not going to watch it whatsoever. When the fan balloting makes sense, I'll maybe think about it, but when players who don't belong in this kind of game get to go, it's a bunch of crap and makes the game LESS enjoyable. Fix the fan balloting NOW!

If a player is needs the time off to nurse an injury, don't penalize them for that, you're only hurting the team, hurting that team's fans, and hurting the GAME itself. Anyone who disagrees with this needs to take 2 steps back and literally FK your own face! It's a little over the top but if you've seen Tropic Thunder you'd understand the humor in it.

Ok here is the facebook event. Invite your friends

http://www.facebook.com/editevent.php?succ...eid=47742188338

What is the event called, b/c with that link it only signed me into my facebook page.

I think the Wings need to win the Cup again this year, and win at HOME, so that when Buttman comes out with the Cup the Joe boos his azz worse than he has ever been booed before, literally shake the place. THAT would be total satisfaction.

Yeah we should boycott something because our boys broke the rules!!! Hey is Lids and Pav cared enough to not be suspended they would go there, sign autographs, smile for the pictures and cheer their their team. Pav is hurt ok, but lids is fine, they brought it on themselves. I hate sid but his butt is heading off to the all star weekend, why can't our guys.

What is the event called, b/c with that link it only signed me into my facebook page.

I think the Wings need to win the Cup again this year, and win at HOME, so that when Buttman comes out with the Cup the Joe boos his azz worse than he has ever been booed before, literally shake the place. THAT would be total satisfaction.

It worked for me. Try to click on it and not copy and paste

Yeah we should boycott something because our boys broke the rules!!! Hey is Lids and Pav cared enough to not be suspended they would go there, sign autographs, smile for the pictures and cheer their their team. Pav is hurt ok, but lids is fine, they brought it on themselves. I hate sid but his butt is heading off to the all star weekend, why can't our guys.

Jay, I think they didn't know this rule was going to take place. The last Wings game was Tuesday, and the link on the main thread about Kenny Holland said they asked Kenny for the week off and since they were injured he said yes. Kenny said he was not asked by the league to call them, and he wasn't about to call them. I think he gave them the week off, they left for "wherever" and are just hearing about this today. Which is total bull s*** if you ask me of Buttman.

Edited by HockeytownRN

The Ducks already beat the Canadiens 6-4 in October.

Why would I watch them face each other again?

lol that's pretty funny. As mentioned, you can't kill the ratings for a game that is barely a bleep on the radar. Nobody watches anyways.

And in the scheme of things - one more game of rest for Lids and Dats - and it's the Jackets - a team we should be able to beat without them (good test for the Wings actually).