• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/12 GDT: Flames 6 at Red Wings 5 (SO)

Rate this topic

You made some very good points. Yes the Hossa angle wil more than help deepen scoring lines, Helm and Leino will bring a hunger and passion and hopefully inspire and Lilja will certainly help. From the net out your point stands up. Like most people I wonder and hope those additions will keep less rubber from our netminders who really are struggling.

This is a sad team right now, what is funny is that the Flames think they somehow turned their play up and won, when in actuality we came out on ice for the 3rd and we played at about 1.2%. It is nice to do charity work but can it be off the ice, ******* giving a clown team like calgary 2 undeserved points really gets on my last nerve.

Jamie Lundmark..................... enough said.............. close thread.

Edited by Yak19

I don't mind losing, or looking like a bunch of *******. But when we do both it is a bit disappointing. Everyone should be blamed for this and since this had a playoff atmosphere maybe we do need some team toughness; which i haven't said all season. I'm not sayind Downey or DMac but I mean what should we do we looked so weak compared to them. For as great as Big E is playing it would be nice to see him actually throw a hit. Conks let in some soft ones, Raflawski played bad again. EH no point of even continuing.

Babcock f***ed up the lines at the beginning of the season

He doesn't know how to fix our defense and neither does Brad McCrimmon

Todd McClellan knew how to play the Wings

What lines exactly has he stuffed up? :blink:

In fact, 'twas a point gained on the Sharks to hold the #1 seed. Too late for bandwagoners though, they've already declared the Wings season over. :thumbup:

shoreline I have disagreed with you for about the last 3 games and I believe we have argued after every single one, but I will give you that you support this team and always seem to look at bright side, that's admirable enough but let me get some of what makes you that optmistic ;)

In fact, 'twas a point gained on the Sharks to hold the #1 seed. Too late for bandwagoners though, they've already declared the Wings season over

If thinking that letting in 4, 5, 6......8 goals a game won't get it done in the playoffs makes you a bandwagoner, then mark me down as a bandwagoner.

I hope I'm wrong. I really, truly hope I'm wrong. I hope the Wings flip this magical switch that we've been promised ever since Toronto on opening night, and leave it turned on, not just for 1 or 2 games a month.

To many players playing poorly, not enough commitment & desire. Only Lilja & Cleary willing to block shots is symptomatic of this.

Fact is, I'm already thinking of next season and hoping that if and when the almost inevitable playoff exit happens that it humbles the players enough to knuckle down for next season and come back with the focus that they had last year.

I'm not gonna defend our goaltending or our defensive play at times this year. I'm not that blind. The one argument that seems to be going around here is the " If we run into a hot goalie in the 1st round we are in trouble". This is a very reasonable statement but who's to say that Conks or Ozzie dont get on a good run and play out of their minds for a month come playoff time. It goes both ways !! I've said it before and I'll say it again..I dont like the way we are playing in our own end or in goal but come playoff time this team will be ready to go and have a gameplan in place to win. Whether they can execute it or not is up to them. For someone other than us to win the cup this year someone is going to have to beat us and until that day comes I dont have a doubt in my mind that this team can win the cup again !!!

Neither Conks or Osgood have the capability to play "out of their minds"...their definition of playing that way would be to NOT surrender three goal leads regularly, or to NOT have the worst numbers in the league. We aren't talking about goalies who are middle-of-the-pack that might get on role or play beyond themselves. We're talking about a guy, Chris Osgood, who cannot stop a beachball this season and you think he's suddenly gonna get on a roll the likes of a Kipper/Luongo/Thomas?! I donna thinka so. Conklin is a glorified backup and yet has still bested Osgood. Detroit has the second worst goaltending in the league next to Tampa Bay and they're still the best team point-wise in the league. That's gonna make losing in the 1st/2nd round this year awfullly painful.

I hope I'm wrong. I really, truly hope I'm wrong. I hope the Wings flip this magical switch that we've been promised ever since Toronto on opening night, and leave it turned on, not just for 1 or 2 games a month.

It doesn't have to be turned on all the time...it has to be turned on at the right time....this team is so f***in good we have coasted to almost 100 pts with 15 games to go. I would hope that you aren't naive enough to think that this team doesn't have the veterans and coaching to know when its time to really flip the switch !! People questioning this teams desire to win the cup this year make me laugh...it's common knowledge amongst Wing's fans that is as much of a tight knit group as there is. We've avoided major injuries (knock on wood), we are top 3 in the league...we are going to win the division again and I'll say it again....to have a new champ in this league someone is going to have to beat the champ !!

Between both goalies, they had three pucks slide in five-hole. Like, you know, put your sticks down.

The only thing I know about these guys right now, is that they are bored of the regular season and that makes me even more bored of the regular season. I'll be singing a different tune in a couple months when hockey is gone again, but right now the end of the season will be pretty merciful for the Wings and their faithful.

The only thing I know about these guys right now, is that they are bored of the regular season and that makes me even more bored of the regular season.

Yeah, I feel the same way. They've had a few marquis matchups, like the Sharks games and the home and home with the Winter Classic against the Blackhawks. But mostly, they look like the rest of the regular season is just insufferably boring right now. Good, bad or indifferent, that's what I'm seeing in their play. And because they don't take most teams seriously, we get efforts like this one.

Which, honestly, diminishes my interest in the regular season and makes me reluctant to shell out the money to see a game live. I attended the Penguins game and I've gone to the Joe less this season than most because I'm no longer confident that I'll see them give a solid effort and don't want to spend my money watching them putz around out there.

And despite that, they lead the Western Conference in points as of this morning. Really, what it comes down to is they're on top of the league despite playing staggeringly below their ability. Whether that's a good (peaking at the right time) or bad (can't "flip the switch") omen will be determined in a couple months, I guess.

Guest Shoreline
If thinking that letting in 4, 5, 6......8 goals a game won't get it done in the playoffs makes you a bandwagoner, then mark me down as a bandwagoner.

I'm pretty sure everyone agrees with this, and that has nothing to do with bandwagoners or the sort of knee-jerk, sky-is-falling reaction seen after every loss.

Yeah, I feel the same way. They've had a few marquis matchups, like the Sharks games and the home and home with the Winter Classic against the Blackhawks. But mostly, they look like the rest of the regular season is just insufferably boring right now. Good, bad or indifferent, that's what I'm seeing in their play. And because they don't take most teams seriously, we get efforts like this one.

Which, honestly, diminishes my interest in the regular season and makes me reluctant to shell out the money to see a game live. I attended the Penguins game and I've gone to the Joe less this season than most because I'm no longer confident that I'll see them give a solid effort and don't want to spend my money watching them putz around out there.

And despite that, they lead the Western Conference in points as of this morning. Really, what it comes down to is they're on top of the league despite playing staggeringly below their ability. Whether that's a good (peaking at the right time) or bad (can't "flip the switch") omen will be determined in a couple months, I guess.

"Marquis" was kinda funny, but yeah I often do the same thing but it was me being accustomed to 234082904 divisional games for a large handful of seasons that really put me off. Now that the division is getting interesting again those games are actually becoming a bit better to watch. On the other hand, the prices at the Joe are something I'd never pay, especially if I lived in the area. Prices need to come down, further, to a reasonable level. I just did a search and found all Row 1 seats for upcoming games @ $150. Reasonable price for the Bay Area, not for Detroit.

Ironically the crowd actually woke up when the Wings were only a minute away from losing the game.

Wow, a lot of people in this thread up on their soapboxes accusing people with the word "bandwagon"... are you guys hunting Communists? there's nothing wrong with criticizing the Wings when they play like s***.

Getting absolutely destroyed by 2 potential playoff competitors, and then barely beating one of the worst teams in the league, then giving up a 4-1 lead to Calgary? If you're not concerned by that then you have no business questioning other people's loyalty to the team. Get off your high horses and open your eyes. This team will not succeed in the playoffs with this kind of work ethic.

Regular season isn't the playoffs.

Maybe some fans on this board need to change their team and be an Islanders fan to know what it's like to actually BE a fan of a bad team. Let the playoffs come and criticize the Wings for the playoffs. Two different seasons.

Exactly my point, regular season is not the playoff's, the playoff's are much tougher and no doubt the Wings will play harder but I will say it again, there is nothing wrong with voiceing an opinion. Seems mighty pompus to suggest that one should drop being a fan because they have an opinion or show concern which shows vestment in the team. Personally I may not be the greatest Wing fan, I only drive from Milwaukee, WI 6 or 7 times a year to watch them play at the joe, a couple times a year to Chicago to watch them play in person and pay for center ice to watch the rest. I have been a fan since the 70's. I do not have blind faith either and am not the only one to show concern for the current defense which even Babbs said they need to step up which has been being said rather often especially since the AllStar break, so the team is aware of the problem but has not seemed to address it yet with any consistency. I know the team is capable of better play and just because I know this does not mean I or anyone else has to pretend like what is happening is not reality or concerning. No matter what they do in the playoff's I will remain a fan, I will swing with the ups and downs, but I also will not check my opinions at the door... I was at the Oiler blow-out, and the Nashville blowout last week as well as the Yotes game and live you can see the effort, but I keep riding the roller coaster with them... kinda hard to be a fan with out being vested...

Edited by talex

anyone got the the hit Zetts laid on Phaneuf?

found it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6cWlPIDZBs...player_embedded

Wow, how did I miss that hit, that was awesome! Maybe I'm just saying that because I hate Phaneuf, lol. Anyway, to answer the poster's question about what is normal around here...

Normal is something like this: Way to go Wings getting a 4-1 lead on a competitive rival team. Many thought that Jokinen was a joke and he proved last night that he is not. Wings, don't get comfortable when you are up, you still need to play tight D. And for goodness sake, don't let it go to a shootout cuz you guys suck in the shootout.

Oh wait, playoffs don't go to a shootout, so scratch that last thought.

I honestly don't think the Wings want a #1 seed.

Everybody stop it! If you're an optimist, then you're a blind homer. If you're a pessimist then you're a bandwagoner. So where on this spectrum do you have to be to be considered normal?

What about realists?

Babcock f***ed up the lines at the beginning of the season

He doesn't know how to fix our defense and neither does Brad McCrimmon

Todd McClellan knew how to play the Wings

and yet he has trouble playing against the wings....