• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

rage

2009 Wing's Playoff Slogan

Rate this topic

Do you like "The Beard Is Back!!"???  

74 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

They were handing out strap-on beards today! So look for that in the Playoffs!! :ph34r:

PenaltyShot, you better be sporting one of those! lmao

Awww, Fil and his baby cheeks. Bless him.

Over here in the confusion corner we have baked goods, booze and all of last years good playoff games in HD. It's a good time.

(I also thought of the very derogatory one, could we get a playoff slogan without some weird innuendo one of these years?)

So they want a bunch of bearded ladies at the games? :blink: I'm SO confused!

:unsure: Pass me some of those confusion corner baked goods! Unless he meant a "strap-on" beard? If so, then potentially everyone could be sporting a beard: men, women, children, and etc.. Won't that be a sight to see!

Yeah, my friend's boss got sent home w/ a strap on beard and a Hossa flag at the Detroit Economic Club today. :scared:

That's how I found out.

They were handing out strap-on beards today! So look for that in the Playoffs!! :ph34r:

PenaltyShot, you better be sporting one of those! lmao

:unsure: Pass me some of those confusion corner baked goods! Unless he meant a "strap-on" beard? If so, then potentially everyone could be sporting a beard: men, women, children, and etc.. Won't that be a sight to see!

Yes, Yes, I clearly state strap-on beard!!

geezz guys! heads in the gutters anyone??

Guest mindfly

I wish I had massive beard growth like most of the north americans seem to have :P

Man, that is such a weak slogan.

Fire on Ice sent chills down the spine. This is just crap.

Really? Fire on Ice sent chills down your spine?

They're all lame, at least this one is comical.

Yes, Yes, I clearly state strap-on beard!!

geezz guys! heads in the gutters anyone??

The women here are worse than the men. XD

I like the slogan, personally. I wear my beard full time anymore, and I can't really wear it out more than I do for professional appearance reasons, but it's a healthy Van Dyke so I'm not stressing it.

As for the ladies this year: How about playoff ponytails/braids this year, gals? Tie it into a ponytail/braid in the back for game days, and post up pictures of of it. Those women among you who already have long hair will just be like us guys that are already rockin' beards, ya dig?

Man, that is such a weak slogan.

Fire on Ice sent chills down the spine. This is just crap.

What frustrates me even more is that Fire On Ice was not even used for the playoffs. It was perfect. An oxymoron yet so true. I expected it to go into playoffs and then we get...Are You In? Excellent work Red Wings marketing team. I can tell you used your thinking caps.

What frustrates me even more is that Fire On Ice was not even used for the playoffs. It was perfect. An oxymoron yet so true. I expected it to go into playoffs and then we get...Are You In? Excellent work Red Wings marketing team. I can tell you used your thinking caps.

Well for the Regular season the fire was on the ice... then for the playoffs they had to toss that one out becuase the fire came from above the ice at the top of the jumbotron. :D

I kinda liked Are You In, myself... maybe not at first but it really did grow on me. Much like this years will literally.

According to the United States Air Force I'm not aloud to grow a beard. But I can have a mustache... Be prepared to see the most kick ass play off mustache you have ever seen in your life.

This is truly, truly, the worst playoff slogan/fan promotion I have ever seen them roll off the assembly line. Seriously, who is their marketing agency? Time to make a change, John Hahn, these guys have been serving up duds for years.

Does this really generate any excitement for the playoffs amongst fans? How about the hundreds of thousands of us that say, CAN'T GROW BEARDS. And no, I'm not going to create a bracelet just to play along because the slogan is not "The Bracelet is Back". The players have been doing this since I can remember - are they just now getting on the bandwagon? Shouldn't the slogan do something to get fans energized about the game, the atmosphere, the teams, the chase? This is all about a shaggy trend on someone's face. Wow, you mean a bunch of fat, sloppy drunks are going to grow beards for the playoff bandwagon? Where do I sign up for that?!

They should have saved their advertising dollars and given everyone a jersey for free or something.

No it wasn't. Hot ice or dark light or bright shadow are oxymorons. You can actually have fire on ice.

Fire_On_Ice3_op_800x600.jpg

As for the new slogan...meh. It's just a slogan.