• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

KrazyGangsta

Pick 2 Players.

Rate this topic

Assuming you are going to build a team from zero. Who would be the players you would pick so you could start off your team with.

Name two players, one of them needs to be from the red wings team this year and the other player could be any player in any era and explain why?

Also pick a coach that you would hire except Bowman. :rolleyes:

I'd pick Steve Yzerman as my first choice due to the great leadership that he has and also the offensive and defensive touch. From the Wings this year I'd have to go with Lidstrom no doubt, also a great leader and both of them are great franchise players.

As for coach I haven't decided yet so I'll post it up later :blink: .

Player 1: Yzerman for obvious reasons... He can do it all- Selke winner and 155pt season scorer. Oh yeah, and he can be your franchise captain for two decades, play his way to a cup with a knee that's been cut in half and has so much damage it's excruciating to walk on and he'll mentor and mold your rookies into the same type of quiet, classy, self-sacrificing player he was. This man was a draft choice that ended up impacting the on-ice team the Wings field for 30 years. Yzerman's influence and example will continue to be felt by the Wings locker room until his contemporaries retire... that's not something many if any of the other men he played with (Gretzky, Lemieux, Messier) can claim to their credit. Think about it- Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Lidstrom, Draper, Maltby, Holmstrom- all of those men were molded by Yzerman's example. That type of incredible ability to impact a team for 20 years then retire and still tangibly impact the next generation via his incredible example is just remarkable and possibly unprecedented.

Player 2: Bobby Orr. I really wanted to pick Lidstrom but I'd love to be able to see Orr play for an entire career without having his knees handicap him and force him to retire in his prime. I love Lidstrom, but it's just be too cool to get to see Orr play for an entire career!

EDIT:

Coach that isn't Bowman? Hmmm... Toe Blake won 8 cups in 13 seasons... so I guess he must know what he's doing too :P

Edited by Drake_Marcus

Nick Lidstrom and Terry Sawchuck.

If Terry had the pads they do now, he'd be unstoppable. Nick provides leadership, defense and occasional scoring, which is all you need with Sawchuck in goal. Also Nick can do it all in terms of PP and PK, and he can set up others to score.

Not sure about the coach. Can we choose Herb Brooks? He's the one I admire most after Bowman.

(I'm assuming that these guys will be alive and in their prime.)

Guest Shoreline
Boyd Devereaux and Tomas Kopecky.

Does this look like a joke, son? This is serious buzness here.

Assuming you are going to build a team from zero. Who would be the players you would pick so you could start off your team with.

Name two players, one of them needs to be from the red wings team this year

Pavel Datsyuk

and the other player could be any player in any era and explain why?

Patrick Roy

Consistent and arrogant. Clutch in the Playoffs.

Also pick a coach that you would hire except Bowman. :rolleyes:

Mike Babcock

Edited by MidMichSteve

On second thought, Claude Lemieux and Darren McCarty would be great to build a team around. With Wayne Gretzky coaching.

:siren:

Players: Dion Phanuef and Sean Avery.

Coach: Elisha Cuthbert

OK, actually I was going to pick the same ones that Marcus did, but now I can't remember who they were.

Edited by T.Low

If we're talking about the prime talent level of the current Wings player:

Lidstrom

Hasek

Good luck getting goals in.

Otherwise:

Datsyuk

Orr

Good luck getting the puck.

Any coach intelligent enough to let them do their thing. I'll just take an easy out and go for that thurr Babcock guy.

:siren:

Players: Dion Phanuef and Sean Avery.

Coach: Elisha Cuthbert

OK, actually I was going to pick the same ones that Marcus did, but now I can't remember who they were.

Bwahahaha classic. Bettman could be the perpetually disappointed owner that denies media in the locker room! :D

Guest mindfly

Bobby Orr And Prime-Lidström

"Defense win championships"

Edited by mindfly