No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

4/6 GDT: Red Wings 4 at Sabres 1

Rate this topic

det.pngVS buf.png

Preview- Red Wings at Sabres

riples187e.png

Detroit: 50-19-9, 23-11-5 Road Record, 109 pts; 1st in Central Division, 2nd Overall in Western Conference

Last Game: Defeated MIN 3-2 Recap

Buffalo: 38-31-9, 22-14-3 Home Record, 85 pts; 3rd in Northeast Division, 10th Overall in Eastern Conference

Last Game: Lost to NJ 3-2 Recap

Last DET-BUF meeting: 1/10, BUF 1 at DET 3 Recap

riples187f.png

Goals

DET Marian Hossa: 38

BUF Thomas Vanek: 37

Assists

DET Pavel Datsyuk: 63

BUF Jason Pominville: 44

Plus/Minus

DET Pavel Datsyuk: +36

BUF Tim Connolly: +9

----

DET Kris Draper: -13

BUF Andrej Sekera: -17

PIM

DET Andreas Lilja: 66

BUF Craig Rivet: 121

riples187g.png

Holmstrom-Datsyuk-Hossa

Franzen-Zetterberg-Cleary

Hudler-Filppula-Samuelsson

Meech-Draper-Maltby

Lidstrom-Kronwall

Ericsson-Stuart

Lebda-Chelios

riples187h.png

DET Chris Osgood

25-8-7, 3.15 GAA, .885 SV %, 2 SO

BUF Ryan Miller

32-17-6, 2.57 GAA, .917 SV %, 5 SO

riples187i.png

DET Brian Rafalski (hamstring) doubtful, Andreas Lilja (concussion) out

BUF Patrick Kaleta (migrane) questionable

610x.jpg

Edited by Hockeytown0001

Guest Shoreline
Wings win 7-1. Pavel hits 100 points, and Hank scores four goals. Hossa gets two to reach 40 goals and Lids gets one just because he can.

Go Wings!

Three birds, one stone Arby's sammich, amirite?

Coming off of a win. Don't really need another to stay in second. Tail end of a back to back.

We're doomed. Doomed, I say. No motivation. Bad (check all that apply) goaltending, defense, coaching, shot selection, cheese sauce on the nachos.

Wings win 14-3.

Coming off of a win. Don't really need another to stay in second. Tail end of a back to back.

We're doomed. Doomed, I say. No motivation. Bad (check all that apply) goaltending, defense, coaching, shot selection, cheese sauce on the nachos.

Wings win 14-3.

You're spot-on.

On Sunday I came to the GDT at the end of the 2nd period. We had family over so I wasn't able to make it here until then.

We had taken it to the Wild the whole game yet were tied 2-2. You would have thought we were losing by 5 goals. It was difficult to find out what had happened in the game up to that point. The goalie debate was taking up 90% of the thread. :angry:

It's nice the league let's us finish the regular season with 4 of the last 5 games being back to back. Par for the season. Let's put a nail in the Buffalo coffin. Wings 5 Sabres 2.

Edited by MidMichSteve

OK Ill be the pessimist .

Wings LOSE 14-3 ... Osgood and Conklin get booted and Mule suits up in goal

and THEN scores all three goals for the wings....so we get a Arby's at least

OK Ok ok Wings make it close, 5-4 wings win and AGAIN!!!! No Arby's for Michigan!!

Wings win 14-3.

How dare you. I will be at this game. The Wings cannot lose. Franzen scores 9 goals and then replaces Conklin in net.

How dare you. I will be at this game. The Wings cannot lose. Franzen scores 9 goals and then replaces Conklin in net.

My bad. I forgot you were from NY.

Forget the bad cheese sauce.

Enjoy the game.

Current Streaks

Season Streaks

Overall: 1-game winning streak

Road: 1-game winning streak.

Streaks vs. Buffalo

Overall: 2-game winning streak

Road: 2-game winning streak.

Record on this Date

This is the 20th game played on this date. The Club's record in the previous 19 games:

4W-13L-1T-1OTL.

This is the 10th regular season game played on this date. The Club's record in the previous 9 games:

4W-3L-1T-1OTL.

LGW.

Wings 6 - Slugs 3

Let's go Wings!!! Squash those slugs and eliminate them from the playoff race! I DO NOT want to see those ugly jerseys anymore this season!! Knock them out!

This one will be ugly..

..for the Sabres.

Wings make up for all the missed opportunites against the Wild and go on a scoring spree. Z has 4 and Datsyuk 3 for a 7-1 Win.

But Ozzie lets in a soft one at the end and no-one cares about anything else except that.

Wings win 14-3.

Of course you're right on all counts. Only thing I'd change is that the Wings score 15,involving five hat tricks from Zetts, Dats, Hossa, Lids and Sammy. Arby's goes bankrupt after having to buy all that beef on the hoof and paying for all the lawsuits that the riots cause. National Guard's called up but all the publicity brings millions to Deetroit and the auto manufacturers have time to finally convert to electric cars and the slump is finally over. OK, so it'll take a year but we can thank the Wings for all of the above. Losing the Cup because of all the coverage and lack of sleep turns out to be more than worth it. :flash:

Guest mindfly

Even though i thought detroit looked pretty good yesterday this is the most important game of the season for buffalo and they will be so freakin' desperate and miller usually plays awesome against detroit.... flip a coin, there's the winner.

Live on TV in Austrlia you beauty! :thumbup:

And yes, that probably means we'll lose. :P<_<

Hoping for a Wings victory and a big game from Filppula.

:shock: Forgot this Versus/Australia thing.

Looking forward to a loss,Filppula with no points and lots of Chris Simpson interviews.