• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
sjradio

Poor Crosby / Double Standard

Rate this topic

Bettman is probably working on a new rule so that people can only throw hats for Crosby hatricks.

It's right behind the rule that requires the refs to listen to everything Crosby says and then do what he wants.

Come in to his rescue per usual? I think you meant NumbaSixty-Six. That's a good one, especially given that I don't particularly like the guy. To be sure, I don't particularly DISlike him either. I'm actually quite indifferent. FWIW, my opinion is that he's a great player who probably wasn't psychologically ready for the responsibility given to him (the whole "face of the NHL" thing, and the captaincy too). Mostly though, I find LGW's ridiculous obsession with picking apart everything he says and does pretty freaking hilarious.

It wasn't really my point to guess what Ovechkin would or wouldn't do, just to point out that certain people can do no right and certain people can do no wrong to a lot of you guys. Feel free to substitute Milan Lucic if you want.

Is he a whiner? If his fellow players say so, then he probably is. There isn't any shortage of whiners in the NHL though, so why give a crap about this one? You know you're only feeding into the idea that Crosby's the center of the NHL universe by talking about him so much, right?

It's not only LGW that likes to pick apart Crosby, it's pretty much everyone else minus Pittsburgh, the NHL, NBC, Versus and CBC. Listen to the crowd when he touches the puck on an opposing team's ice, there is always a chorus of boo's.

I can understand that Crosby might not have been ready for the face of the NHL tag, but I have no pity over his captaincy. The Pens organization should have known better than to give the C to a child.

And Crosby is a whiner, there is no probably. Fellow NHL players think so and so do a hell of a lot of other people.

Edited by Mike

This board's hate for Crosby is ******* insane. Honestly.

"I mean, the first wave came and then I think they were all pretty much picked up,"

No problems here. He isn't whining at all about throwing hats.

"and then more started coming."

If you are a player trying to get into a game, and people throw hats AFTER the remaining ones were picked up, you are going to get pissed. Throw the hats when they are originally thrown, then stop. Let the players play once the initial festivities are over.

Either way, who ******* cares? Get over him already. He isn't a Duck or a Wing. You guys shouldn't give a s***.

Ovie should have picked up the one hat that was thrown on the ice after Crosby's hat trick and skated it on over to him.

That would have been the most amazing, bestest thing ever. :thumbup:

Oh Crosby. How hard would it have been to just have said "It was hard to stop like that. Our momentum was affected by it and we had to find ways to keep moving. But the fans just kept celebrating."

See? That took me two seconds.

"I mean, the first wave came and then I think they were all pretty much picked up,"

If you are a player trying to get into a game, and people throw hats AFTER the remaining ones were picked up, you are going to get pissed. Throw the hats when they are originally thrown, then stop. Let the players play once the initial festivities are over.

Either way, who ******* cares? Get over him already. He isn't a Duck or a Wing. You guys shouldn't give a s***.

He is allowed to get pissed, but how many players would go and whine to the refs about making an announcement to stop the hat throwing? That's what everyone has a problem with and rightly so. It's a hat trick in the playoffs. The fans have a right to celebrate and be excited as hell. Last I checked, this forum was for the discussion of hockey, not just the Wings and who they are playing. Don't like it, don't bother with it.

Edited by Mike

Exactly. 22 hours until game 3 kids. Time to quit wasting time with unimportant s***. Like pretty much anything in the Eastern Conference.

Exactly. 22 hours until game 3 kids. Time to quit wasting time with unimportant s***. Like pretty much anything in the Eastern Conference.

It's a HOCKEY forum. You can go and concentrate on game #3 by posting in the WCSF GAME 3 GDT. Please stop whining about this topic, you are starting to sound like Crosby.

He is allowed to get pissed, but how many players would go and whine to the refs about making an announcement to stop the hat throwing? That's what everyone has a problem with and rightly so. It's a hat trick in the playoffs. The fans have a right to celebrate and be excited as hell. Last I checked, this forum was for the discussion of hockey, not just the Wings and who they are playing. Don't like it, don't bother with it.

This isn't a discussion of hockey. All I see is posters high fiving and saying "HEY LOOK AT HIM GET PISSED ABOUT SOMETHING LETS JUMP ON HIM IMMEDIATELY FOR IT!"

And you don't know how many captains talk about something like that, because I don't recall something like that happening before. Who knows, who cares, Crosby is trying to get his team to stay in the game and he will do whatever it takes to make that happen. He isn't here to cater to the home fans. He is there to cater to his team, and that was shown in the fact he scored THREE GOALS that night.

Seems like a legit claim - wanting to get the game back going. Stop worrying about Crosby.

I would love to see a Wings - Caps final and hear you guys piss and moan about Ovechkin slamming up on the boards and sticking his finger in the air every time he scores a goal, or when he and Backstrom do their little football player jump into each other after a game.

Crosby is their captain, its his job to talk to the refs and do anything he can to get in the game going and slow the crowds momentum. Where you watching the game? It was delayed nearly 5 minutes from second and third waves of hats. I'd expect Lidstrom to do the same thing in Anahiem if that happened.

Give it a rest - we all know the vast majority of people here hate Crosby, you don't need to find a reason to prove it every time the kid steps on the ice.

I would attribute the second wave of hats coming from the upper bowl fans whos hats could not reach the ice with one throw... it would take a second throw from someone from the lower bowl for the said hats to reach the ice.

But Im with you... who f***in cares.

EDIT: I call it the second thrower theory.

Edited by Statts

This isn't a discussion of hockey. All I see is posters high fiving and saying "HEY LOOK AT HIM GET PISSED ABOUT SOMETHING LETS JUMP ON HIM IMMEDIATELY FOR IT!"

And you don't know how many captains talk about something like that, because I don't recall something like that happening before. Who knows, who cares, Crosby is trying to get his team to stay in the game and he will do whatever it takes to make that happen. He isn't here to cater to the home fans. He is there to cater to his team, and that was shown in the fact he scored THREE GOALS that night.

I'm pretty sure that about 0 captains would complain about hat throwing to the refs and the media. You don't recall it happening because no one does something like this. Crosby should have been more concerned with his team and should have been at the bench trying to get his team ready to make a push, not chasing the refs to ***** about hat throwing.

It's more like HEY LOOK AT HIM GET PISSED AT SOMETHING COMPLETELY STUPID...AGAIN. Just because you do not think it's a discussion of hockey doesn't mean that others think the same.

I'm pretty sure that about 0 captains would complain about hat throwing to the refs and the media. You don't recall it happening because no one does something like this. Crosby should have been more concerned with his team and should have been at the bench trying to get his team ready to make a push, not chasing the refs to ***** about hat throwing.

It's more like HEY LOOK AT HIM GET PISSED AT SOMETHING COMPLETELY STUPID...AGAIN. Just because you do not think it's a discussion of hockey doesn't mean that others think the same.

Here is your problem: you are creating a strawman and using that to bash a captain you can't stand.

And sorry, where was the hockey discussion at? I'm curious to know when you guys thought the actual game was more important than this crap.

Seems like a legit claim - wanting to get the game back going. Stop worrying about Crosby.

I would love to see a Wings - Caps final and hear you guys piss and moan about Ovechkin slamming up on the boards and sticking his finger in the air every time he scores a goal, or when he and Backstrom do their little football player jump into each other after a game.

Crosby is their captain, its his job to talk to the refs and do anything he can to get in the game going and slow the crowds momentum. Where you watching the game? It was delayed nearly 5 minutes from second and third waves of hats. I'd expect Lidstrom to do the same thing in Anahiem if that happened.

Give it a rest - we all know the vast majority of people here hate Crosby, you don't need to find a reason to prove it every time the kid steps on the ice.

I'd rather see Ovie celebrate than listen to Crosby put down Z again. I wouldn't get pissed over Ovie's celebrations. He should be happy, it's a goal in the playoffs and there is a big premium on them.

Crosby should have kept it with the refs, not made a big comment about it to the media.

What is with Wings fans and the axe to grind against Sidney Crosby? It doesn't seem to matter what he does, the people on these boards will nitpick him for something. It was an extended delay after the hat trick and he wanted to get his team out there to try and rally, what's the big deal? I understand that people don't like him but it's quickly becoming a pastime to ***** about Crosby--irony belts a slapper in for a goal.

When Ovechkin complains to the ref about a call against his team he thinks is weak, he's "leading by example for his team." When Crosby complains to the ref about a call against his team he thinks is weak, he's "whispering sweet nothings in the ref's ear" or "being a *****." The double-standard applied by biased fans is hilarious.

I thought that I'd get some good hockey insight from the folks of Detroit when I joined this forum a year ago, and there are definitely reasonable hockey minds that post on this board, but intelligent banter is more difficult to find than I hoped.

I'd be pissed off too, I bet Crosby hates Ovechkin with every inch of him. No need to tell the media that s***, yes it was 2nd wave, but it's the freaking playoffs. Applaud Ovechkin for his accomplishments and then score 4 next game to beat Washington, thats the mindset Sidney needs.

What bugs me is that he wasn't even annoyed with Ovie's hat trick but rather the fact that there were hats being thrown for it, like no other player is allowed to have fans. That is arrogance at its finest. If it were his teammate who scored the hattie, then would he still have his panties all in a bunch? Don't think so.

What bugs me is that he wasn't even annoyed with Ovie's hat trick but rather the fact that there were hats being thrown for it, like no other player is allowed to have fans. That is arrogance at its finest. If it were his teammate who scored the hattie, then would he still have his panties all in a bunch? Don't think so.

Read the quote please.

Quick question, if you don't like people complaining/bitching/whining/talking about Crosby.....why come into these threads just to yell at people?

Find something more constructive to do if you think this is a waste of time.

Here is your problem: you are creating a strawman and using that to bash a captain you can't stand.

And sorry, where was the hockey discussion at? I'm curious to know when you guys thought the actual game was more important than this crap.

I can't stand him as a player and I do not respect him as a captain. This thread was not created to discuss the actual game. There is already a thread for that. This thread was created to discuss the actions and comments of Crosby after Ovie's hat trick goal, which is what exactly is going on in here. Again, if you don't think that the discussion in this topic meets your standards of what qualifies as a hockey discussion then do not participate in this thread and participate in the threads that discuss game play.

Edit: The topic which discusses the actual game- 5/4 Playoff GDT.

Edited by Mike

Quick question, if you don't like people complaining/bitching/whining/talking about Crosby.....why come into these threads just to yell at people?

QFT. They criticize the "bashing" of Crosby and then they bash the merits of this thread.

Edited by Mike

Sorry, I will make sure not to call people out for unnecessary bitching at a specific player.

Perhaps I should make an Ovechkin diving thread....nothing in LGW about his follies.

Sorry, I will make sure not to call people out for unnecessary bitching at a specific player.

Perhaps I should make an Ovechkin diving thread....nothing in LGW about his follies.

I invite you to create one. The great thing about LGW is that anyone can create a topic to talk about any aspect of hockey. The issue of Ovie diving certainly falls into that category, as does the complaing heard from Crosby.

What is with Wings fans and the axe to grind against Sidney Crosby? It doesn't seem to matter what he does, the people on these boards will nitpick him for something. It was an extended delay after the hat trick and he wanted to get his team out there to try and rally, what's the big deal? I understand that people don't like him but it's quickly becoming a pastime to ***** about Crosby--irony belts a slapper in for a goal.

When Ovechkin complains to the ref about a call against his team he thinks is weak, he's "leading by example for his team." When Crosby complains to the ref about a call against his team he thinks is weak, he's "whispering sweet nothings in the ref's ear" or "being a *****." The double-standard applied by biased fans is hilarious.

I thought that I'd get some good hockey insight from the folks of Detroit when I joined this forum a year ago, and there are definitely reasonable hockey minds that post on this board, but intelligent banter is more difficult to find than I hoped.

The reason people have such a problem with Crosby is because he stands for everything that is wrong with the NHL. He is a young kid with no real acheivments next to his name and he gets all the publicity over other more qualified players. He may be talented but he doesn't have the charisma or character needed to be the face of an entire league. If you have to make a young gun the face of the NHL, use Ovie, he at least has charisma. In my eyes Ovie is the Lebron James of the NHL, hasn't really done anything yet, but is talented and charismatic enough to be widely popular and entertaining. Crosby is hated by every hockey fan I know, even my friends who are penguin fans only like him because he is talented. The NHL needs to invest in making more players household names, not just Crosby. Get some other names out there to breed popularity for the sport. Not everyone wants to get behind a kid with no cup and no beard.