• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF GAME 4 GDT: Red Wings 6 at Ducks 3

Rate this topic

And that, ladies and gentlemen, was Red Wings hockey. Until they went into hang-the-f***-on mode late, they were in control all night, finally able to get past that aggressive forechecking and get some speed through the neutral zone. If that's what we have to look forward to in Games 5 and 6, then there's no worries.

Guest mindfly

Not trying to be a buzzkiller but the wings pk was kinda bad today, 2 of their powerplays turned into 4on4 (which is kinda good but god knows what would have happend if they ducks had a full pp on them) and the only 5on4 they had turned into a goal..

Hope draper and rafalski can be back... I wonder if kopecky will meet the same faith as lilja did, concussion from a fight...

That was a great job by Kopecky getting Beauchemin to go with him and have Anaheim lose a top 4 defensemen for 5 minutes with under 8 to go.

Yeah, great job. :rolleyes:

We could get the same contribution from Downey, except he'd actually win the fight. Also, they would then be tempted to dress Parros, which would mean scratching a skilled player in return.

Neat trick on my part, huh?

That's true, and it seems to have taken it's toll on him. He was at his best those first 2 games, but hasn't quite been the same since.

But I really wonder if they would rest him that early.. they were only down 2 goals. I know I'd be pissed if the Wings started resting Datsyuk or Z in a playoff game with 20 minutes left to play, no matter the score.

According to the NHL's ice time report, Getzlaf played 2 shifts after the first 5 minutes of the 3rd. One was 12 seconds long, the other was 1 second with 2.5 minutes left in the game. not sure how accurate that is, but its probably pretty close. It'd be strange to be resting him and then send him out at the end of the game after the empty net goal. I wonder if he was testing an injury.

Anyone else thinking about how this series could have been a sweep right now? Triple OT and a monumental gift by the refs is what it's taken for the Ducks to win 2 games, despite the Wings not playing their best until this game.

For some reason I still feel it's going to be very difficult to take this series, I see a Game 7 in our future, but the Ducks don't really deserve to be tied 2-2.

Not trying to be a buzzkiller but the wings pk was kinda bad today, 2 of their powerplays turned into 4on4 (which is kinda good but god knows what would have happend if they ducks had a full pp on them) and the only 5on4 they had turned into a goal..

Hope draper and rafalski can be back... I wonder if kopecky will meet the same faith as lilja did, concussion from a fight...

Our PK is our biggest obstacle right now. It hasn't been good in the regular season and it has been even worse in this series.

I don't think having Draper or Rafalski back will help that, since they were in the lineup all year when we still struggled on the PK.

The Wings PK was out on the ice for less than a full minute all tallied tonight. That's hardly what I would call kinda bad.

The one goal they did allow was on a play that was bang-bang-in the net, and came not long after a faceoff, so I can't lay a whole lot of blame on them. The Ducks had already started to carry the play to us by that point, and then drawing the penalty at a time when they're starting to get the crowd back into the game...

Just be happy that the score wasn't reversed, will ya?

Despite the optimism flowing through this place right now, I am still a bit wary of the start of the 2nd. The Ducks wear down noticably the more they play, but always look great starting period. Well to be more precise its been more like...

Ducks starting 1st period: Unstoppable at first and better than us for the majority of the period.

Ducks starting 2nd period: Better than us for the first 5 minutes or so.

Ducks starting the 3rd period: A couple decent shifts.

Your comments remind me of something Strader said tonight - that Babcock (?) and/or the Wings figure they can wear the Ducks down as the series goes on. Lookin' pretty promising right now, methinks...

Next game we do another 1,000 post thread and stock it with German beer girls, this is not an option but a necessity.

I agree, im up for it no doubt. :thumbup:

Red Wings hockey for 60 minutes = 3 goal win!

Kopecky got owned but he showed he wants to be here and will do whatever for the team.

Hossa + Franzen on a line = WHEN YOU ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY HAVE TO KILL EVERY MOTHER***ER IN THE ROOM!

We just turned this series, there is no stopping this team if they play this motivated.

To the Ducks fans, i don't talk s*** i just take the win and move along.

P.S Last game i bought a bunch of Polish beer i drink but it was all in green cans, tonight i only bought Polish beer in red cans, i will continue this.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Yak19

The Wings PK was out on the ice for less than a full minute all tallied tonight. That's hardly what I would call kinda bad.

The one goal they did allow was on a play that was bang-bang-in the net, and came not long after a faceoff, so I can't lay a whole lot of blame on them. The Ducks had already started to carry the play to us by that point, and then drawing the penalty at a time when they're starting to get the crowd back into the game...

Just be happy that the score wasn't reversed, will ya?

Yeah and they got scored on during that small time frame. How is that good?

Especially when you consider it has been a weak link all year.

... SERIOUSLY?!

Wow. I don't even know what to say to that.

So, it's okay for the majority of the forum to freak and get waaaaay ahead of ourselves and say the series is over and we're done when we've only played three games, but not okay when someone tries to be optimistic about actually winning a game?

facepalm.pngfacepalm.png

Very nicely put. Thanks.

Guest mindfly

Samuelsson actually played good... on the 4th line, i like it alot...

The third line wasn't as effective as it usually is when filppula is there but in the same time the 2nd line got a huge upgrade...

Anyone think they should bring a black ace up if rafalski and draper can't play.. or is babcock in love with the "dont ruin a winning concept" thingy?

Are we ever going to get a free sandwich from Arby's???? Oh well, won't complain. Bab's line swaps worked out well. Was confident the Wings would win this game. Dats played an amazing game (won't show on the scorecard though). Gonna grab some tickets for Game 5.

Our PK is our biggest obstacle right now. It hasn't been good in the regular season and it has been even worse in this series.

I don't think having Draper or Rafalski back will help that, since they were in the lineup all year when we still struggled on the PK.

Well, like you say, it's been even worse now. Don't you think that has something to do with the lack of our #2 D-man, and Draper who is awsome on the PK?

Just a thought.

Guest mindfly

What are the odds that Hiller will start? Giggy actually got a SO... well sort of :P