• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Drake_Marcus

Niedermayer cheap shot and brawl

Rate this topic

If you think scott nieds is a dirty player you need to get your eyes checked.

He's just like how Sakic used to be in the playoffs, except a bit worse. He'll throw dirty elbows, he'll hit you where he usually wouldnt, he'll punch you in a scrum. What Joe never did though, was throw cheapshots, Niedermayer has thrown a ton. The more I watch Scotty the past couple years, I reeealllyyy understand why Domi went after him way back when. He's an annoying little prick that everyone hates to play, Perry is getting a great lesson in Anaheim. Pronger, the Dirtbags Bros. Too bad May couldnt have stayed longer, teach him some respect.

He's certainly deserving of one, as are all these sore losers (and winners, as it turns out) but nothing is going to happen. There's no way the NHL would discipline players of Getzlaf/Perry/Niedermayer caliber for this type of altercation before a Game 7.

Pathetic, eh? It's incredibly sad that the NHL tells themselves they enforce their rules in a consistent, intelligent, understandable manner. I mean these guys really think they're doing it right.

Seriously, they do.

The elbow was vicious, Datsyuk should've went back at him, Niedemayers a *****, Domi should've finished him off.

Perrys was worse, pounding on Rafalski FOR WHAT? He's a punk, he's a joke, and it's a joke that a rookie on Detroit has been the only one to do anything. f***, Sammy didnt do much tonight, scratch him on Thursday throw Downey in with Abdelkader and get them to take him out. He is the new Lemieux, he just hasnt totally crossed the line yet, but it's coming.

This. You don't let some punk fairy go after one of your top D while he is INJURED. I think Abdelkader will take him.

This is far more blatant and incredibly more suspendible than Game 1's Brown butt-end to Hudler's noggin...

...that said, I see a suspension coming for Datsyuk for clearly interfering with the natural path of Nidermayer's elbow.

Word,

LDi03

now Brown's legal hit is a butt-end? it never ends.... :lol:

He's just like how Sakic used to be in the playoffs, except a bit worse. He'll throw dirty elbows, he'll hit you where he usually wouldnt, he'll punch you in a scrum. What Joe never did though, was throw cheapshots, Niedermayer has thrown a ton. The more I watch Scotty the past couple years, I reeealllyyy understand why Domi went after him way back when. He's an annoying little prick that everyone hates to play, Perry is getting a great lesson in Anaheim. Pronger, the Dirtbags Bros. Too bad May couldnt have stayed longer, teach him some respect.

May is one of the dirtiest players in the league (or was, anyways). If we had someone who knew how to defend themselves we wouldn't have been in that situation to begin.

May is one of the dirtiest players in the league (or was, anyways). If we had someone who knew how to defend themselves we wouldn't have been in that situation to begin.

Huh? I never understood this logic. Do you honestly think Detroit, with it's fighterless roster is the only team that deals with dirty plays against their players?

Did the Rangers lack fighters on their roster this year? Because someone on their team got his face destroyed by a dirty elbow, so we must assume this was done because the Rangers lacked the ability to defend themselves...

And of course, the Wings in 97 mustn't have had tough guys on their roster when Draper had to have his face wired shut, because Claude LePuke would never have done something so dirty if Detroit had a fighter on the bench to magically repel dirty plays...

I'm all for having guys who can defend themselves- I'd love to have Chara line up with Lids, but come on man- no one really believes that tough guys repel dirty plays, do they?

The league set the precedent with the non-suspension on Scott Walker. If they won't even suspend him, there is NO WAY Niedermayer is going to be suspended for a game 7. It's too bad because that was a really dirty play. I thought Nieds was one of the good Ducks that you could just respect, but he's dropped a few notches in my books. Not many Ducks left for me to like.

Brashear gets suspended 1 game for bumping during warmups and then 5 games for elbowing during a check (in the playoffs mind you). Do you think Niedermeyer will get suspended for an elbow thrown after the game had ended? HAH! You're dreaming.

Now, if it was Crosby on the receiving end of the blow, the media would implode and Niedermeyer wouldn't be allowed to return to the ice.

Holy crap, didn't see that at all during the game. What a dirty cheapshot. 100% on purpose, elbow straight to the head while Dats is totally unaware. It's not even disguised as some kind of body-motion -- he takes a full out swing with his arm. So classless. Imagine Lids doing something like that.

And Perry...pounding on poor Rafalski, what a coward. I'm not usually a fan of retaliation, and especially not against the Ducks since it will only favor them in the end, but I wouldn't mind a Perry vs Ericsson round II.

I know stuff happens after whistles and the game is emotional yadda yadda yadda, but you don't intentionally or even consider intentionally elbowing people in the head. That's just not right. A chicken-s**t move by Niedermeyer.

Guest micah
Imagine Lids doing something like that.

I'm having a hard time imagining Lids doing much of anything in a scrum, ever. the Wings Captain was on the ice, setting the example. what do we do when our best players are getting beat up after the final whistle? We watch. For f***'s sake, Wings, you outnumbered them 6-5 (even up if Hiller decides to jump in, which would have been a grand opportunity for the Wings), do something!

Edited by micah

Guest micah

Someone refresh my memory, it was Niedermeyer who launched a slapshot at someone after the whistle to end the period in the playoffs a few years back, wasn't it?

He's a strange guy. He plays a mostly clean, gentlemanly game, then every so often he just loses it.

Wow... that's crazy s***. I'm more disgusted with Perry. You know a guy has been struggling with injury and you drag him around the ice punching him in the head? Perry is the lowest form of life. ******* coward.

I'm having a hard time immagining Lids doing much of anything in a scrum, ever. the Wings Captain was one the ice, setting the example. what do we do when our best players are getting beat up after the final whistle? We watch. For f***'s sake, Wings, you outnumbered them 6-5 (even up if Hiller decides to jump in, which would have been a grand opportunity for the Wings), do something!

No one else on the ice is more important than Lidstrom. If you think Nick needs to toss himself into the fray to protect guys 10-15+ years younger than him, you really need to kick your meth habit as it's affecting your judgement. And the rest of the team should have done exactly what Nick did. Don't get involved after the whistles. It isn't worth the energy or the risk of injury (or making injury worse). If the opposition wants to jump you, cover up and let them get suspended but don't get suckered into a fight because that's exactly what the Ducks want.

Guest micah
No one else on the ice is more important than Lidstrom. If you think Nick needs to toss himself into the fray to protect guys 10-15+ years younger than him, you really need to kick your meth habit as it's affecting your judgement. And the rest of the team should have done exactly what Nick did. Don't get involved after the whistles. It isn't worth the energy or the risk of injury (or making injury worse). If the opposition wants to jump you, cover up and let them get suspended but don't get suckered into a fight because that's exactly what the Ducks want.

LOL.

Let's go Turtles let's go! (clap clap)

Let's go Turtles let's go! (clap clap)