• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
KronwallCRUNCH

Pittsburgh's ANGELIC game 7 performance

Rate this topic

Guest Shoreline

I watched the game and the Pens played for the most part a squeaky clean finisher. I mean, they played just about perfect while the Caps defense and goaltending absolutely sucked. It was pretty much the equivalent of the Wings Game 7 against Colorado in 2002. One-sided from start to finish.

Conspiracy theory = phail.

i watched the game...i saw the caps get away with a few but cant recall any obvious ones from the pens. come on, does everything need to be a conspiracy or did crosby start playing like the nhl has told us for years he can?

Guest Shoreline
i thought you were gonna ask if we think someone paid off varlamov.

Bettman clearly had *** sex with Varlamov, which explains why he was stiff as a board and couldn't make atypical saves.

Edited by Shoreline

In game 7, the Pens didn't (officially) commit a single infraction (according to the officials,) while the Caps had four. Thoughts?

Take away the two powerplay goals the Pens had and they still won 4-2.

The two refs were the perfect storm of terrible reffing-- O'Halloran and McCreary, I'll admit that, but the Caps still s*** the bed.

From what I saw I didn't see anything that the Pens should have got called on. They had such a crazy ass lead that they didn't have to commit any penalties. Caps choked.

Bettman clearly had *** sex with Varlamov, which explains why he was stiff as a board and couldn't make atypical saves.

im a little confused at what this was inferring? are you saying you think varlamov played well? his team sucked and no goalie wouldve given them that win, im just saying he has been awesome these playoffs but he was off his game today. the second goal was terrible, and the 3rd and 4th were both the same thing. and at the NHL level you should save a wrist shot from the top of the circle with no traffic in front.

One of the Caps penalties was an obvious high-sticking double minor. The other two were Slashing and Interference. So they basically had two penalties. I consider High sticking and delay of game automatic calls (when made).

Bill McCreary has not called many penalties in the second round, so this is not surprising at all. Not a conspiracy, just the way he's called games. He's consistent.

One of the Caps penalties was an obvious high-sticking double minor. The other two were Slashing and Interference. So they basically had two penalties. I consider High sticking and delay of game automatic calls (when made).

Bill McCreary has not called many penalties in the second round, so this is not surprising at all. Not a conspiracy, just the way he's called games. He's consistent.

NHL refs being consistent? When did that start?

for how much i hate crosby, the caps just fully choked. they def. could have played better in front of varlomof but they all suked, the entire team!

fleury felt bad so he gave the puck to oveckion

Guest Shoreline
im a little confused at what this was inferring? are you saying you think varlamov played well?

Er, no, I'm making fun of people who give too much attention to Pittsburgh and Crosby as some sort of NHL conspiracy against the Wings, or for the Pens. I've made some actually serious posts concerning Varlamov in other topics, but there's no reason to take this topic seriously.

Game 7 was officiated very well. No question about that. However, hockey people tend to have short memory. Game 3. Caps are up 2-0 in that series and in the game like that with a lot of obstruction and interference from both sides they give 7 PPs to Pens and only two to Caps. And even after that the game was 2:2 at the end... If that series went to 3-0 I do not think Pens would have a lot of chance to comeback.

In game 7, the Pens didn't (officially) commit a single infraction (according to the officials,) while the Caps had four. Thoughts?

Oh yes you've figured out the awful truth. Lemieux paid off B-man and the zebras in a secret backroom deal that involved 14 Croatian prostitutes and a case of '81 Chateau Lafitte-Rothschild. Meanwhile, Bylsma bribed Ovechkin to let Crosby totally embarrass him and steal the puck for an easy breakaway. Then, Versus got to Varlamov offering a free XBox and a six-pack of Old Style in return for letting 4 go by him -- the network of course knowing how good Crosby is for ratings.

Once again, it was all fixed for the Pens.

Oh yes you've figured out the awful truth. Lemieux paid off B-man and the zebras in a secret backroom deal that involved 14 Croatian prostitutes and a case of '81 Chateau Lafitte-Rothschild. Meanwhile, Bylsma bribed Ovechkin to let Crosby totally embarrass him and steal the puck for an easy breakaway. Then, Versus got to Varlamov offering a free XBox and a six-pack of Old Style in return for letting 4 go by him -- the network of course knowing how good Crosby is for ratings.

Once again, it was all fixed for the Pens.

I'm not saying that it was "fixed," but I do find it suspect. Judging by the way that the Bruins/Canes, and Wings/Ducks series is being called, Pittsburgh didn't play a 'perfect' game. If you want to say the game was well officiated, fine, I don't have any arguments if that's how the refs are going to call every game in every series, but it isn't. Tonight we'll see 4+ penalties called that weren't called last night. Truth.