• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevkrause

Crazy gametime superstitions?

Rate this topic

I must wear my Zetterberg 3rd jersey, must watch the game at home, and my g/f must be there... even if she hates it, haha

I must drink at least 1 Bud Light (ironically, because I hate light beer) and I must play at least one game of NHL 09 on my 360 before game time...

I know it makes no logical sense, yet I must do it... who else?

my superstition go's beyond hockey season. i only wear red wings jerseys or t shirts 98% of the time.i think i have 3 shirts that r not wings.

and i set up all my wings bobbleheads and what not in the living room for the playoffs

i usually dont have one but tonight i'm putting on the BELIEVE wristband thing i got a few years ago, i think it was in '02 when i got it and i put it on for the wings vs. avs conference finals game 7

Background on the computer is the red wings championship banners. Usually cant wear anything red wings once the game starts because of my weird superstitions but tonight im making an exception and wearing my Datysuk t-shirt (hopefully that will help him out), my yzerman jersey (which is actually signed by Nicky for some reason) and my 2008 Stanley cup champs hat. Usually listen to Hey Hey Hockeytown at least once on every playoff game day, and my facebook picture is always a red wing oriented photo during the playoffs. I know its a lot but it works.

I typically try to repeat what worked during the last win.

Two years ago, I only smoked Camel Wides and while at the bar, we would order a round of Zima shots (I know...) when the Wings scored.

Last year I, I quit smoking and started the "I don't eat during games" superstition. I have continued this into this year. I also go with whatever shirt I had on the previous win.

Mine are more dont dos

1 I dont talk about what could be, eg shut outs, hat tricks, sweeps, series wins until its over and won. I definatly wont be found with a tin foil stanley cup.

2 I never bet on the wings.

Things I found that work for me: A cold glass of coke, eating popcorn and watching the game from the very start, eg not missing the national anthems.

I listen to the Motor City is Burning by the MC5 before the game. During the game I wear my Kozlov jersey, the only jersey I own. The Kozlov jersey didn't work last game, so today I think I'll wear my Ted Lindsay shirt. Last year, I was completely sober during the playoffs. Maybe I should go back to that too.

for tonight i just have to find a place at the bar that is not taken by mountain men so i can watch the game down here in TN

I must wear my Zetterberg 3rd jersey, must watch the game at home, and my g/f must be there... even if she hates it, haha

I must drink at least 1 Bud Light (ironically, because I hate light beer) and I must play at least one game of NHL 09 on my 360 before game time...

I know it makes no logical sense, yet I must do it... who else?

holy s***, we're twins!!!

I watch the game and realize that none of my insignificant and random behaviours in any given day are neither going to affect the way that these teams play, nor the bounces that do/don't occur.

Stop stressing out and just enjoy the game. Though I suppose if all of the things listed in this thread contribute to your personal enjoyment of the game then feel free to cover yourself in peanut butter and mayonnaise every time the wings score, and threaten the plant in the corner for each missed call by the refs knowing that you can look back after the game regardless of the result and be content in the ficticious and egocentric belief that you did all that you could to help the team.

Edited by Canadian_Yzerman_Fan

i was gonna make the same thread

have to wear red/whit shirt and shorts

wear my home yzerman jersey.

drink 2-3 pitchers of budlight(must be drinking the entire game)

and everytime i pee i pray to god to let the wings win the game and let ozzy play amazing

after the game ends (no matter the out come) i take my jersey off and kiss number 19 on the back.

good luck wings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to wear my Zetterberg home jersey with a red wings t-shirt underneath, and I play Wii bowling during intermissions. Oh, and I listen to "Walk" by Pantera.

Edited by zenway9

OH god, I can't believe I'm actually about to type this all out.

The eve of a game I wear my red wings jammie bottoms and my feed the mule shirt to bed.

Game day - Red Game Day Thong (RGDT)

White tank and Winter Classic jersey

Jersey MUST be off during intermissions.

I have a believe rock - right front pocket

I wear two octopus charms - one in gold named "Al" and one in silver named "Stanloo"

I wear two hairbands around my left arm - one white and one red

This season for home games (meaning I'm watching from home) I wear the same jeans and rainbow flip flops.

I sit in exactly the same spot on the couch even when people are over and they all know it. When ThirdManIn and his GF are over they ALWAYS sit to my right.

Mine are, If im home...I have to sit in the same exact spot on my bed while the game is on (I now have a permanent ass indent on my bed)

I also have to flip the channel up, and flip it back down if we are having a bad game... Dont ask.