• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
crabcakes'n'redwings

Wings V. Hawks. Early predictions

Rate this topic

definitely we should own Chicago. we are both finesse but the bottom line we have greater defense stregnths. all top scorers ( hoss pavel hank) are always best defenders. I would laugh of kanes 160 pound body survives he is weak

Heard NBC has game 1, but when is it?

Hmm, that's funny, Wisniewski was 5th in TOI per game for the Ducks during the playoffs. Sergie Samsonov, 8th in TOI for the Hurricanes. Would you like me to continue?

Hmm funny that Wiz logged only 11min and had to go out because of an errant elbow. Coughing up blood if I remember correctly. You're TOI stats are faulty.

Samsanov finished 5th in scoring for Carolina during the regular season and playoffs which makes your TOI stat even more impressive.

Thanks.

Hmm funny that Wiz logged only 11min and had to go out because of an errant elbow. Coughing up blood if I remember correctly. You're TOI stats are faulty.

Samsanov finished 5th in scoring for Carolina during the regular season and playoffs which makes your TOI stat even more impressive.

Thanks.

a) learn to watch video replays with more observation...(lung contusions don't come from "errant elbows")

b) SamsOnov can't "finish" in any place for Carolina during the regular season and playoffs because the playoffs aren't over yet for them...

c) I know this is a forum on the interweb, but take the extra 10 seconds to check "you're" spelling of words and players names..

I'll bet the Red Wings coaching staff will bear in mind how clutch Chicago has been in these playoffs. The Wings tend to sit back and play passively when they get a lead. They cannot afford to do that.

a) learn to watch video replays with more observation...(lung contusions don't come from "errant elbows")

b) SamsOnov can't "finish" in any place for Carolina during the regular season and playoffs because the playoffs aren't over yet for them...

c) I know this is a forum on the interweb, but take the extra 10 seconds to check "you're" spelling of words and players names..

Don't even go there 4th liner. We all know how to use the search functions and I really don't feel like going thru all your posts.

edit: As far as Sammy goes, yeah my bad especially when the only name I used for him was Suckanov.

Edited by ChiGuySez

I'm expecting good things from Dats and Hossa. They should have MUCH more room to work in this series.

Totally agree. And Homer, Franzen and Cleary should have more fun and freedom in front of the net too.

The whole "Wings are gonna lose to the BIGGER FASTER YOUNGER team" is SO old meme. We shot that down in 2007, we buried it in 2008...don't try to exhume its decaying corpse.

No kidding. That thing went down with the Sharks in '07. It wasn't even valid before then and somehow it's stuck around for all these years. What a joke.

As for the Hawks, their style is much different from Anaheim's. The Ducks were defense first, pray Getzlaf scores 2-3 goals, hang on for dear life, and be unbelievably, infuriatingly lucky. That kind of stuff has killed the Wings in previous years, and they just managed to get over the hump of the best defense in the league.

The Hawks play run and gun hockey. I don't know if the Wings play it better than the Hawks do, but it's definitely more up their alley.

Totally agree. And Homer, Franzen and Cleary should have more fun and freedom in front of the net too.

Really, I'm expecting this series to be easier on every Wing -- the one possible exception being Ozzie. I'm thinking first and foremost about the Wings who were charged with containing the Ducks' first line. That line is, without a doubt, the most dominant, imposing line in hockey. Nothing the 'hawks can put together can match it, and if they try, they'll hurt their depth. So right off the bat, that's going to give Z some breathing room and save the first D pairing from the wear and tear that had obviously started to break it down by the end of the series (see Nick looking human in tonight's game). Going to back to Dats and Hossa -- and, like you said, the crease crashers -- the Ducks' D is second only to the Wings'. And that's both along the blue line and in reference to team D. That kind of stifling, smothering utterly suffocating D is something these 'hawks simply are not capable of throwing at the Wings. And they have no interest in that style of play anyway; they play an explosive, North-South, freewheeling game. I think that's to the Wings' benefit. That's basically exactly the kind of style that the Wings' puck-possession game is supposed to stifle.

I see the Wings controlling the puck and the 'hawks spending a lot of time running after and consequently racking up a lot of penalties -- fueled also by their inexperience.

And it was the 7th one in The Joe.

the total score added up to 7

thats a whole lotta 7s

Wow this is eerily similar to the tupac shakur isn't dead 7 day theory lol...look it up if you're not sure what i mean

If we can score the most goals in the playoffs on Kipper and Luongo, we'll score a TON on Osgood as well..but if Vancouver can score that much on Khabi the Wings will score a TON on us...I expect a lot of 5-4, 6-5 type games..should be a very entertaining series...

from http://boards.chicagoblackhawks.com/index....showtopic=33340

It's not just about the goalie, it's about the D. :) and Detroit has the best.

this is a very interesting series

going to be very good ive wanted this series since day 1 of the playoffs because i thought it be very intense, hard fought, and exciting

i wont make any prediction because part of me thinks its wings in 5, the other thinks its a game 7 toss up

my only prediction is it will be a hell of a series

I'm definitely excited. The Wings should be able to have a pretty set lineup and rotation with some coming back healthy.

Filppula-Datsyuk-Franzen <--I'd really like for Pav to get going.

Cleary-Zetterberg-Hossa

Hudler-Helm-Samuelsson

Abdelkader-Draper-Holmstrom

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Lebda-Ericsson

Edited by titanium2

Wings are on a different level. Chicago isn't there yet, and their youth and inexperience that hasn't been exposed, will be exposed by a veteran team that has seen it all. Wings in 5.

Good call Supafly!!