• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeymom1960

ECF, Penguins vs. Hurricanes.

Rate this topic

Now, pretend that we beat the Hawks, who would we like to face after that?

A replay of 2002 or a replay of 2008?

*sheesh*

I'd rather face the Pens over the 'Canes. Maurice's defensive style of smothering the puck and velco on the other team is boring and annoying.

What a game,...i called Canes vs. Wings at the start of the playoffs as a joke,..i'm looking like a freaking genius right now,..albeit not by my own merit. Everyone is saying pitts is going dominate Carolina, i'm not so sure.

What a game,...i called Canes vs. Wings at the start of the playoffs as a joke,..i'm looking like a freaking genius right now,..albeit not by my own merit. Everyone is saying pitts is going dominate Carolina, i'm not so sure.

Still a lot of hockey before that will/ can happen... but yeah, who would've seen this long shot coming?

Canes/Wings Finals.

Our last game 7 was in 02 total of 7 goals scored.

this year total of 7 goals in game 7.

Canes could make the Finals and we can too. I hope for the same outcome only that the wings would close it out on home ice.

I hate the thought of either of these teams making it to the final. Murder one another in seven with as much overtime as possible.

Canes are definitely the "black sheep" of the final four. But there's something about them. I would hate for them to win the Cup (boooooring), but at the same time I'm having a hard time rooting against them.

Canes win this one... The Pens only beat the Caps cause rookie Varlamov had a couple terrible games with several weak goals. Ward will be solid.

If it's CAR/DET final it'll be similar to the ducks series (but a bit easier i'd think)... an even better goalie... one very serious scoring threat with some unexpected depth, and underrated offensive dmen (but they don't measure up to the ducks)

Last 2 Cup Wins have come against these 2 teams! I think PIT is obviously the more dangerous team. Even though Carolina has pulled off major comebacks, it's never safe to rely on luck. PIT in 6.

And Jordan & Eric Staal drop the gloves at least twice in this series! LOL

And once again, the Original 6 teams in the East can't hold up their end to get a possible O6 Final.

How would that of ever happened? Montreal, Toronto and the Rangers would've never made it to the finals.

Did you see Bettman at the game tonight? His smug ass will be pushing hard for Crosby in the Final and his first ring.

Boston is a little more physical than the Canes. And the matchup with Pittsburgh wouldve been better. Carolina, I hope, has one more round in them. Although Crosby is going to get huge calls to benefit his team.

Carolina in 6??

Let me guess, there will be a lopsided amount of penalties for the Pens which will lead to their advantage and lgw members will start a thread about an "alleged" conspiracy for Crosby/Pens. Arguments will ensue.

esteef

Well this was the dream match-up for the Pens. They did not want to play the Bruins defense.

So...

Forwards: Advantage Penguins (Penguins win this category by a mile-- Sid is scoring at will right now)

Defense: Advantage Hurricanes (and we all thought Joni Pikachu fell of the face of the Earth)

Goaltending: Advantage Hurricanes

Depth: (slight) Advantage Hurricanes

'Been there factor': Tie (Pens were there last year and are playing with a chip on their shoulder because of it... Canes won in '06, normally this would tip in the favour of the Canes, but apparently the ghost of playoffs past is haunting Crosby and he's chosen to exorcise that ghost on the score sheet)

Clutch Play: Advantage Hurricanes (Sid's been great in the clutch so far, but the Canes just keep seeming to pull goals out of their ass with one minute left on the clock... and the Canes are the ones beating the teams that are better than them on paper... the Pens were expected to win both match-ups so far)

We'll see how it goes, but as of right now I'm thinking it'll be Hurricanes in 7 games.

Well this was the dream match-up for the Pens. They did not want to play the Bruins defense.

So...

Forwards: Advantage Penguins (Penguins win this category by a mile-- Sid is scoring at will right now)

Defense: Advantage Hurricanes (and we all thought Joni Pikachu fell of the face of the Earth)

Goaltending: Advantage Hurricanes

Depth: (slight) Advantage Hurricanes

'Been there factor': Tie (Pens were there last year and are playing with a chip on their shoulder because of it... Canes won in '06, normally this would tip in the favour of the Canes, but apparently the ghost of playoffs past is haunting Crosby and he's chosen to exorcise that ghost on the score sheet)

Clutch Play: Advantage Hurricanes (Sid's been great in the clutch so far, but the Canes just keep seeming to pull goals out of their ass with one minute left on the clock... and the Canes are the ones beating the teams that are better than them on paper... the Pens were expected to win both match-ups so far)

We'll see how it goes, but as of right now I'm thinking it'll be Hurricanes in 7 games.

I could not agree with you more. I was skimming through the live blog over at Puck Daddy and after the Canes won, all I read was a bunch of comments about how the Pens are gonna handle the Canes with ease. I just don't see that happening. Carolina has taken out New Jersey and their amazing goaltending, and now Boston with their great defense. Boston is a great team up and down, and they actually worried me, having to face them in the Finals.

Carolina is no joke and I really still feel as if the Pens haven't played anyone GREAT! The Flyers just are not cut out for playoff hockey. I don't know what it is, but every game I've watched the past two seasons (or post-seasons) they've looked very beatable. This year they beat the Capitals who I have never been THAT impressed with.

Their offense is great, but their defense is sad. Even after Varlamov was playing insane hockey, he still had some huge brain farts that cost them the series.

I guess now we will REALLY see what the Penguins are made of. But in my opinion, the East, as mentioned above, is a complete joke. The only team I thought was that good (the Bruins) are now out of the playoffs.

Go Canes. Bring on the 2002 rematch. Even though I still don't like that franchise being moved to Carolina... There are a lot of guys on that team and in that organization that I have a ton of respect for. And Karmanos is a classy dedicated owner who is a good Michigan guy that has given back a lot to Southeast MI supporting Junior hockey as well as with his cancer center at Wayne State.

Plus I hate the Pens.

And hell, the Canes are yet to lose a Play-off series with Ward in the net. So they should be about due by the time they get to the Cup Finals versus the Wings. ;)

ugh... so disappointed the Bruins didn't win... I would've loved to see that team play the Pens....

Instead it's 2 of my 3 least favourite teams playing in the ECF... which means 1 of my 3 least favourite teams is going to the SCF.... <_<

IF we beat Chicago (and of course we can't atke that for granted) it's kind of neat that we'd end up in a rematch of one of our last two Cup wins. I'm not sure who I'd face. I know next to nothing about 2009's Carolina team, and Pittsburgh is a little more dangerous and experienced than last year.