• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

zrf

Quenneville/ "Worst call.."

Rate this topic

I've never liked this guy dating back to his St. Louis days. His teams are undisciplined and resort to b.s. tactics once they fall behind. Today there could have been more misconducts called against the hawks than were actually called.

Yep. The amazing thing is that the refs were actually fairly restrained in the last half of the game given the incredible amounts of gooning it up the Hawks were committing. They were just plain out of control unlike anything i've ever seen.

Right on brother!

We are lucky. We actually had the worst call in all of sports twice (Hossa non goal and Kronner hit), but DID OUR COACH GO WHINING TO THE PRESS? NEVER! There is a level of class and just plain balls to Babcock and we will never wince at him being a ***** ***** crying in the post game no matter what happens. The closest he came was in the finals last year when he said something like, "Maybe I should start complaining like the other guy." That was classic. Only coaches who are losers cry to the press. The good ones are thinking about how to win the next one.

This.

Everytime I see another head coach doing something foolhardy in the media, I am just that much more thankful that Babcock can be so badass yet classy at the same time.

Rock on, Babs :hat:

Edited by PenaltyShot 96

"I think we witnessed probably the worst call in the history of sports there."- Joel on the Walker penalty

I think we're witnessing some of the worst coaching in the history of sports. ...there

LOL I don't think it's the worst coaching, but it definitely wasn't the worst call in the history of sports either. Try wrangling the kids in and getting them to play smarter instead of bitching and moaning over a bad call. Let the fans do that... The Hawks are well over-matched here in experience, depth and talent... If that hasn't been obvious from the get go maybe I've been watching another series. Never once have I felt the Hawks were a genuine threat and we're 3 men down...

Quenneville is always drunk and doesn't really have control over what comes out his cock-hole....dude is a straight up looney!....can't wait to get this drunk a-hole out of our way.

Queen-ville has won 9 playoff series in 10 playoff years....... that includes the 2 series wins this year..... that doesn't sound very good to me... He has never got past the conference finals. AND he NEVER will get past the Wings. Dude better move to the Eastern conference with the rest of the flunkies. I'll bet Bowman gets rid of him.

Remember how we cheat at faceoffs and are cheating cheaters who cheat?

Though, looking back on it, Hitch's bitching was quite mild compared to Carlyle and Quenneville.

Cheating cheaters who cheat.. LOL ....

I heard something during the game today and I'm not sure if it was Edzo or McGuire saying something about the Wings being the best team in the league at interfering and getting away with it, basically calling us the best at being cheating cheaters who cheat. Did anyone else hear that?

It was.. by far... and I'm disgusted about it to this day. Horses*** I tell you. Effing Horses***.

Totally agree... Wish I had the Hawk's or Q's email, I would send him a picture stating this was one of the worst calls...

Totally agree... Wish I had the Hawk's or Q's email, I would send him a picture stating this was one of the worst calls...

seriously.. I get ill just looking at it... ugh... It's been 10 yrs.. you think I'd be over it by now.. LOL!

seriously.. I get ill just looking at it... ugh... It's been 10 yrs.. you think I'd be over it by now.. LOL!

Bothers me just as much as it bothers of you... I have a Hasek Sweater when he was with Buffalo and the jersey is 10+ yrs old.

Bothers me just as much as it bothers of you... I have a Hasek Sweater when he was with Buffalo and the jersey is 10+ yrs old.

I seriously loved the Sabres back then, of course not as much as the Wings, but they were my runner up team. I loved the way they kick the crap outta the flyers and the leaves and the sens... it was a good time.

Cheating cheaters who cheat.. LOL ....

I heard something during the game today and I'm not sure if it was Edzo or McGuire saying something about the Wings being the best team in the league at interfering and getting away with it, basically calling us the best at being cheating cheaters who cheat. Did anyone else hear that?

I did too. At the time I actually questioned if I heard that correctly. Reminds me of the quote from Cleary after hearing Hitchcock call the wings cheaters, something along the lines of saying that all teams cheat, it is just the wings are the best at it.

And seriously, that wasn't even the worst call in the series, let alone ever. Exaggerating much there Quennville?

I did too. At the time I actually questioned if I heard that correctly. Reminds me of the quote from Cleary after hearing Hitchcock call the wings cheaters, something along the lines of saying that all teams cheat, it is just the wings are the best at it.

And seriously, that wasn't even the worst call in the series, let alone ever. Exaggerating much there Quennville?

truly... good to know I wasn't imagining things although I will say I certainly didn't like the way it sounded when whoever said it... said it.

There are many bad calls, but this IMO is the worst of them all as it was fully reviewed, and not a result of any rule changes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64OC-wpsMKg...feature=related

The puck went through the net and in, and was reviewed and still ended up counting... wow!!!

truly... good to know I wasn't imagining things although I will say I certainly didn't like the way it sounded when whoever said it... said it.

Yeah, he said it, but my take on it was that he was acknowledging that there are grey areas in the interference rules, where you can get away with stuff that, while not being a penalizing offense, still succeeds in interfering with the opposing player, and that the Wings by far are the best at using those grey areas to their advantage.

There are many bad calls, but this IMO is the worst of them all as it was fully reviewed, and not a result of any rule changes.

The puck went through the net and in, and was reviewed and still ended up counting... wow!!!

That makes me want to stab someone in the eye with a blunted spork.

Just to add to the hilarity of the Blackhawks meltdown, a classic quote from Michael Rosenberg on the Freep

I knew the Blackhawks were young, but I didn’t realize they were going through the Terrible Twos :ranting::ranting::ranting:

:thumbup:

I'll agree with Quenville that it was a pretty lame call there. Bad calls work both ways though. Both teams are going to get breaks/awful calls in pretty much any game or any sport. That's what happens when human error is introduced.

I'll agree with Quenville that it was a pretty lame call there. Bad calls work both ways though. Both teams are going to get breaks/awful calls in pretty much any game or any sport. That's what happens when human error is introduced.

Quenneville's having the worst series an NHL head coach has ever had identifying bad calls...

I'll never get whining as a motivational tool. We got robbed big for example on Hossa's goal on the Ducks and the call on Kronwell's textbook clean hit, and then it being called a MAJOR. It balances out. And that it was the worst call is pathetic because clearly the refs at that point were trying to cool things down and he skates in and escalates it. He set himself up for it, negating that it could possibly be the "worst" call. Maybe it wasn't a fair call on him personally, but it was fair to hit the Hawks with one at that point. And eventually the refs gave up on calling them all. We could have played the third period on power play.

Edited by NomadFromKazoo

I don't understand why teams keep recycling coaches. These coaches keep going from team to team and never meeting expectations. Why doesn't a team go after a successful college or AHL coach? Is it more political or something? Do teams only like to hire their friends or people they owe favors or something?

The difference between the Red Wings and Hawks is maturity, top to bottom. As far as I'm concerned, Q unraveled first, then his young team did. "Worst call in the history of sports"...

Scenario:

Game 3: Red Wings are down 2-0. Kronwall lays a clean hit on Havlat. Possible momentum swing for the Red Wings is destroyed by a terrible 5 minute major and game misconduct, leaving the Wings without their Number 3 defenseman. Blackhawks don't score on 5 minute powerplay, but score early in the 2nd to make it 3-0. Red Wings maintain composure, refuse to goon, play hockey and within a period are tied 3-3, taking it to overtime before losing on the road to the Blackhawks.

Game 4: Blackhawks are down 2-0. Franzen just scored with 20 seconds left in the first period. Scrum ensues after Kronwall gets a piece of Kane. Bad penalty to take anyone out of it, if anything, served as a unreceived message to the Blackhawks to stop starting scrums after clean play. Red Wings score early in the 2nd to make it 3-0. Blackhawks score on the powerplay and begin to show signs of life. 12 seconds later, Hossa scores to reclaim a 3 goal lead for Detroit. Half the game still to play, and they might as well have shut off the lights and called it a win by default. The Blackhawks no longer had any will to win the game and dedicated the next period and a half to gooning on the Red Wings players to send a unreceived message that they aren't finished yet.

The refs didn't ruin the game for you Quenneville. You and your porous $5mil backup goaltender ruined it for you.

Edited by b.shanafan14

The call was, most likely, a reaction to the refs watching out for Kronwall in those after the whistle scrums. Walker saw his chance to get a little "justice" and dove in behind Kronwall, grabbing him by the collar of his shoulderpads, and yanked back several times rather violently.

The refs were obviously keen on the idea that the Hawks were going to try and get some retribution and were watching the Hawks like, well hawks!

I put the blame for the meltdown squarely in the lap of Quennville. This guy has always lost his temper when a game doesn't go well for him. Watch him on the bench. Every time I see him I think that he's about to have an aneurysm and stroke out right there on the bench.

He coached Pronger when Pronger was new in the league. Does anyone out there think that he may be responsible (at least partially) for Pronger's lack of maturity when a game isn't going the way he wants?

Yeah that blows... that happened to Buffalo back in the playoffs in 2000. LeClaire was credited with a goal that resulted from a shot he took that went through the side of net. It was brutal and after the replays you could clearly see it went through the next ... but it was allowed to stand. Those are some really lousy calls and rank among the worst calls in the history of sports.