• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 Icesurfer

Icesurfer

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 01:11 AM

It is so comical to listen to this ding-dong. The whole game he spent looking for any little indiscretion the Wings committed so the Pitts could get a power play. Does he have to make it so obvious who he is rooting for??? I thought analyst were suppose to be impartial.

Yeh.... he was head coach for 2 years for the Pitts and played for them for 2 years in the 90's.... so maybe he shouldn't be the analyst.

Unlike Larry Murphy..... who I think is great.... tries to be very impartial.

Edited by Icesurfer, 01 June 2009 - 02:02 AM.

Defense and goaltending win championships!!!

#2 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 01:14 AM

He's human. The Red Wings are easy to hate. Especially if you've had to play against them.

#3 Lancz

Lancz

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 01:15 AM

Yeah I found it somewhat funny that on each goal we scored it was noted how we got away with something dirty... It really sounded according to them the Wings are big cheaters, and noone else in the league ever tries to get away with anything, especially during the playoffs. I miss Mickey Redmond 8).

#4 Murph

Murph

I'm a douchebag

• Restricted
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 01:15 AM

EDIT: Wiki will explain why he is biased.

He returned to Pittsburgh to become the color analyst for the Penguins on FSN Pittsburgh. In 2003, he moved from the booth to the bench and served as head coach of the Pittsburgh Penguins from June 11, 2003 until December 15, 2005. Despite adding marquee free-agents, the Penguins started the season with a disappointing 8–17–6 record, leading to Olczyk's dismissal on December 15. Beginning with the 2006–07 NHL season, Olczyk is the game analyst for the Chicago Blackhawks television broadcasts. Olczyk is also the lead game analyst for The NHL on NBC, and a studio and color analyst on The NHL on Versus.

Edited by Murph, 01 June 2009 - 01:33 AM.

#5 Rocket Queen 30

Rocket Queen 30

Bandwagon's full. Please catch another!

• PipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 01:18 AM

Meh... it's annoying that he's so blatantly biased, but I really didn't expect any better from him or any of them for that matter.

#6 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 01:21 AM

Pierre is worse. Mike Milbury seems to like the Wings, though.

I liked his "Oh, here's your tissue, Pierre."

#7 Rocket Queen 30

Rocket Queen 30

• PipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 01:23 AM

QUOTE (Crymson @ June 1, 2009 - 01:21AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pierre is repugnant. I'm truly put off by him and wish they'd get him off the air.

#8 Mike Mann

Mike Mann

Prospect

• 31 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 01:27 AM

What's funny is - I expected it during the Hawks series.

I would argue that during that series he was very Wings-biased....Although you could also say too, the hawks gave him little to compliment them on. blink.gif

I do agree tonight, everyone during the broadcast other than Doc seemed to be very reluctant to give Detroit any props on the win. Especially Eddie.

What I couldn't get over was how Eddie kept saying Hossa committed a penalty with breaking that Pens stick on the Filpula goal. I watched that a few times it looked like the pens player swung his stick around and hit Hossa's stick and it broke on contact. I couldn't see what he was talking about.

#9 jdog19

jdog19

Lets Go Red Wings!

• HoF Booster
  • 472 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 01:39 AM

QUOTE (Crymson @ June 1, 2009 - 01:21AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can't make it out, perhaps someone else can, but during the Milbury/Pierre rant, I could have sworn Pierre referred to the Pens as 'my team'. They were both talking at the same time, but then again, may have just been hearing things. Great sequence either way!

#10 TSM

TSM

Prospect

• 40 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 01:40 AM

The cast on NBC is truly repugnant. I'm tired of hearing the dire predictions from the wankers on NHL Network (especially Terrey) prior to the game only to have that followed up by the absolute homers that the crew for NBC represent for Pittsburgh. Doc Emrick is awesome in my mind though. I can tell that he especially enjoys the play of Helm and he observes with humor as compared to bias. It's no surprise to me why Doc is respected for the most part by fans. He's the only guy outside of Mickey and Ken that I can stand. The rest are hoping for the Red Wing's plane to crash on the way to game three. I haven't complained about this stuff until recently because it's becoming vitriolic with the Wings never receiving due credit or respect.

Edited by TSM, 01 June 2009 - 01:43 AM.

QUOTE (DaKineMaui @ June 12, 2008 - 01:43AM)
I have nothing more on this then. 'If' Vladdy woulda stayed heathy, 'If" Stevie woulda stayed sound, who knows?
'If' my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. Who knows?
#19 ran this team.

#11 Rocket Queen 30

Rocket Queen 30

• PipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 01:41 AM

QUOTE (jdog19 @ June 1, 2009 - 01:39AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't make it out, perhaps someone else can, but during the Milbury/Pierre rant, I could have sworn Pierre referred to the Pens as 'my team'. They were both talking at the same time, but then again, may have just been hearing things. Great sequence either way!

I think they were doing some sort of dumb role play.. like pretending to be the coaches of the teams. Milbury/ Wings and McGuire/ Pens. Maybe I was hallucinating though.

#12 RoninJai

RoninJai

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 02:03 AM

QUOTE (Rocket Queen 30 @ June 1, 2009 - 02:41AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think they were doing some sort of dumb role play.. like pretending to be the coaches of the teams. Milbury/ Wings and McGuire/ Pens. Maybe I was hallucinating though.

Millbury and Doc=OK. Everyone else on Versus=SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSuck.

Listen real close, NBC/Versus. The Red Wings fanbase is EVERYWHERE. Why else do you hear "Lets go, Red Wings" in other team's barns? The Red Wings are the Yankees/Red Sox of the hockey fan base, and it's high time you start acknowledging that.

#13 sdogg1m

sdogg1m

Determination!

• PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 03:25 AM

Come on guys, we were spoiled with Bill Thorne and Gary Clement. Those where the days of great NHL broadcasts!!!

Doc is pretty good except when he throw in cross sports references. It seems that many of them are forced.

Anyone notices how extremely close Pierre stands to people. Also, I am getting tired of him saying "have fun" or having fun." He is just too repetitive concerning his commentary.

Olczyk is right on some of those non-calls (interference) but he should also notice that the officials haven't called much of anything this series! The Hossa "slash" was not a penatly; they Pittsburgh player didn't hold on to his stick. Outside of that, Pittburgh was given a great gift when Malkins suspension was overturned so I am sure you wont her much griping for game three.

Edited by sdogg1m, 01 June 2009 - 03:34 AM.

#14 Jake Ryan

Jake Ryan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 03:28 AM

My favorite is a Red Wings player getting slashed or hooked and the announcers calling it a "good stick".

#15 ussr

ussr

Reinforcement

• 32 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 03:34 AM

QUOTE (sdogg1m @ June 1, 2009 - 04:25AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Come on guys, we were spoiled with Bill Thorne and Gary Clement. Those where the days of great NHL broadcasts!!!

if i'm not mistaken, i do believe bill thorne does commentating for the baltimore orioles

#16 zenway9

zenway9

4th Line Grinder

• Silver Booster
  • 214 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 05:42 AM

I just love the fact that we won both games on Nothing But Cindy. I hope they continue to eat Cindy's ass every game. It's so satisfying to see them all try to find excuses for the Wings wins.

#17 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 06:11 AM

QUOTE (RoninJai @ June 1, 2009 - 03:03AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Millbury and Doc=OK. Everyone else on Versus=SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSuck.

Uh, Darren Pang? How can you hate the Panger?
Posted Image
"Before Detroit games, the meetings are always longer." - Nashville's Paul Kariya

#18 Wubbie

Wubbie

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 06:37 AM

One of the things that bugs me about these guys is that it seems like they're so busy blabbing sometimes that they take forever to tell us who got a goal or who took a penalty.

#19 E_S_A_D

E_S_A_D

“Ridicule is the tribute paid to the genius by the mediocritie

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 06:46 AM

I like a man who grins when he fights. ---Sir Winston Churchill

#20 FirstSamuel1745

FirstSamuel1745

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 07:19 AM

QUOTE (ussr @ June 1, 2009 - 02:34AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if i'm not mistaken, i do believe bill thorne does commentating for the baltimore orioles

Yup, GARY Thorne does. He's on MASN. Us Wings fans in Maryland have it pretty good - every Orioles game sounds like a Stanley Cup playoff game!

That said, I didn't think Edzo was that bad. Pierre is worse.