• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

SCF GAME 3 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Penguins 4

Rate this topic

That no call on the 6 men could've cost them the game... Who knows, with that power play they could've been up 3-1 instead of tied 2-2. I don't see how they missed that.

it's old, but it's completely relevant.

I know nothing will change though.

Its onlyrelevant if your on the losing end, stop whining. Calls/non calls go both ways.

Dats and Draps better be back on Thursday. We need Draps' face off ability, as demonstrated by our lack of face off wins on the PK and we need his PK abilities. We also need Dats' face off abilities and his defensive efforts to help contain Malkin. Abs and Leino out, Draps and Dats in.

Wings outplayed Pens and came up short. Everyone here knew tonight was going to be a wash, and besides, a sweep is kind of boring.,

I only got to see the 3rd period, but no way in hell did the Wings outplay the Pens in the third. They never kept the puck in the Pens zone, and the times they came in they tried to eb too fancy and lost it trying to walk through four defensemen.

Don't be a troll, it's true. Hossa isn't doing his job. Simple as that. He chucks the puck away everytime. Find a decent scoring chance Hossa has had this series. Those are the facts son.

Son?........I've probably got kids your age. Hoss's effort has been good as anyone and if you can't see that, you must be blind. And, I'm no troll.

Ericsson should have challenged Cooke at the end of the game after it was 4-2.

At that point we had no chance to win the game, and Cooke has been playing dirty the whole series.

That is exactly why the Wings are better then other teams. Classy team after the whistles.

officials in NHL are total s*** all I can say... just horrible officiating today ... its like now part of the game fighting s***ty calls...

Just like the NHL. Call a game the same way for 50 minutes, until it becomes clear that Pittsburgh getting a PP could put them over the edge...

Quit blaming the refs. It's pretty apparent that our turnovers, and s***ty passing lost us the game in the 3rd period. I also noticed the Pens were quicker to loose pucks than we were. it's a seven game series, relax.

Is this the Blackhawks board?? Jeez, people calm down and stop blaming the refs. We got our share of officiating in the first 2 games, now it's their turn. That said, Wings in 5

I could see it if they made some s***ty calls

but to miss a too many men on the ice that lasted THAT long, something needs to be said.

Wings outplayed Pens and came up short. Everyone here knew tonight was going to be a wash, and besides, a sweep is kind of boring.,

dude we got badly outplayed in the third

It was obvious intrference.

Made contact (put him into the boards) when he was nowhere near to touching the puck.

I don't care how the refs call it, that was stupid.

So what is your opinion of:

a) the headshot to Franzen by Kunitz?

b) The Xcheck of Zata by Gonchar?

c) The xcheck of HOssa by Gonchar?

d) the xcheck of homer by Scuderi?

Notice not ONE of those dangerous plays were called, but a slight bump WAS at a critical moment in the game.

This thread has 35 pages of people bitching about the reffing. By the time tomorrow hits, we will have 35 individual threads about the reffing. These idiots just ignore the fact that the Pens outhustled us, or that Ozzie wasn't as sharp as he was in the first two games. Just blame the refs. Its all their fault. :P

ANd about 10 pages of you bitching about people bitching.

Shut the f*** up about it already.

officials in NHL are total s*** all I can say... just horrible officiating today ... its like now part of the game fighting s***ty calls...

It was a game 3, we all knew the refs would blow it and try to extend the series. It's happened three other times in the Wings run. But the WIngs HAVE to be better in the Pens zone. They have to shoot the damn puck and be smarter about throwing the puck away.

Jesus, guys. Calm down. Did any of you seriously expect the Wings to sweep? The Pens won Game 3 last year, too. I'll worry if we drop another, but right now, things are fine. We out-played the Pens for a significant portion of the game without Pavel Datsyuk.

It was obvious intrference.

Made contact (put him into the boards) when he was nowhere near to touching the puck.

I don't care how the refs call it, that was stupid.

Go talk to Helmer and Cleary, they got the same treatment, but much more prominent. I don't give a crap if they call it, just do it both ways.

Cleary with a bad penalty that lead to a PP goal. Ericsson with a bad penalty that lead to a PP GWG. The Wings need to play smarter hockey and realize that if they force the Pens to play 5-on-5 hockey then this series is over. The PK was why the Wings lost, not the refs. The Wings got away with stuff too, but they did not get their even up penalty.