• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

SCF GAME 3 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Penguins 4

Rate this topic

You really can't expect to win every game, seriously; the Pens are a good team. Calls or no calls, The wings sat back in the third...and worse yet, during the penatly kill........All 4 guys just sat there watching them cycle the puck. When they did this ALL 4 Red Wings Plus 2 Penguins ended up screening Osgood. I give Ozzie props for even coming close to reading the shot.

All in all, a pretty Blah effort. Can't complain toooo much, though, because I want the wings to win at home.

Go talk to Helmer and Cleary, they got the same treatment, but much more prominent. I don't give a crap if they call it, just do it both ways.

Cleary is on my s*** list as of now. Stupid bear hug that led to the tying goal. ******* retarded.

No worries, they outplayed Pittsburgh on their home ice in a game Pittsburgh HAD to win. Not exactly the desperation you'd expect the Pens to play with. That being said a loss is a loss and we'll move on to game 4 where we had great success againt Pittsburgh last year.

They didn't get dominated as many Pens fans were expecting, they were in a good position to win, they just came up short. It wasn't the refs, it wasn't missed calls, it was Pittsburgh scoring one more than the Wings. Certainly nothing to panic about.

Cleary with a bad penalty that lead to a PP goal. Ericsson with a bad penalty that lead to a PP GWG. The Wings need to play smarter hockey and realize that if they force the Pens to play 5-on-5 hockey then this series is over. The PK was why the Wings lost, not the refs. The Wings got away with stuff too, but they did not get their even up penalty.

i agree clearys penalty was total laziness by him and very devastating

This thread has 35 pages of people bitching about the reffing. By the time tomorrow hits, we will have 35 individual threads about the reffing. These idiots just ignore the fact that the Pens outhustled us, or that Ozzie wasn't as sharp as he was in the first two games. Just blame the refs. Its all their fault. :P

Don't like it? Then shut the f*** up, don't comment on it and don't read it. Simple.

Datsyuk back = win next game

Also, I thought it was funny they called a trip on Zetterburg then a trip at the other end of the ice which was not called. Too many men was nasty too, but we should still have won. This wasn't the same team we saw in the first 2 games. I'm not too worried though.

Never once envisioned a sweep so I guess this is expected. I was also honestly expected the refs to be worse in the Crosby's favor. Tonight wasn't so bad really, some pitiful non-calls but its not like they just made crap up to call on the Wings as everything they did was technically a penalty. Ozzie has his second weakest game of the playoffs, our PK failed to show up yet again, and Wings just fell flat in the 3rd after a spectacular 2nd.

Just sucks after watching our team get so close to 3-0, we lose it in aggravating fashion.

Most of us here knew there would be no sweep. Besides, I personally would like to watch a few extra games of hockey. Chicago was actually more competitive than Penguins.. and look how that ended :)

This thread has 35 pages of people bitching about the reffing. By the time tomorrow hits, we will have 35 individual threads about the reffing. These idiots just ignore the fact that the Pens outhustled us, or that Ozzie wasn't as sharp as he was in the first two games. Just blame the refs. Its all their fault. :P

I agree with most of what you are saying. Ozzie goals (all three) were weak, Pittscrap was hustling out there BUT, when they are allowed to play for :21 seconds with 6 skaters, when countless interference calls (both ways) were let go, when a horrible cross check to the ear of Frnzen is looked at and not called AND THEN the very, very weak call on Ericsson to decide the game? I would say folks have a ligit gripe at the reffing. Let alone the league for recinding Malkins instigator which should have sidelined him for this game, GUARNTEE on Wing does that and it doesn't get recinded.

This has "Bettman" written all over it, from the Malkin Instigator to the weak call on Ericsson, to the allowance of 6 players on the ice. There you go Pit, you got your game from Fairy Bettman, enjoy it. This still ends in 5! (Bettman cannot control the outcome two games in a row can he?)

You really can't expect to win every game, seriously; the Pens are a good team. Calls or no calls, The wings sat back in the third...and worse yet, during the penatly kill........All 4 guys just sat there watching them cycle the puck. When they did this ALL 4 Red Wings Plus 2 Penguins ended up screening Osgood. I give Ozzie props for even coming close to reading the shot.

All in all, a pretty Blah effort. Can't complain toooo much, though, because I want the wings to win at home.

They n eed to win in Game 5, because I'll get to watch it. After that, I am really bummed that I'll probably miss them win the Cup because I'll have to be staring at a ceiling at work.

Wow, whole lot of wtf tonight. Where was the effort? Did the younger kids forget that running around like chickens with their heads cut off doesn't score goals? Ozzie, I mean, a couple of those were a bit soft. Where was Hossa tonight? Where was the PK and why can't we seem to get better shots on the PP?!

Hopefully they will come out pissed in game 4 because we can't let this get out of control.

SIXTY MINUTES!!!! Anything less is more of tonight.

Edited by ChitownWingsfan

Cleary with a bad penalty that lead to a PP goal. Ericsson with a bad penalty that lead to a PP GWG. The Wings need to play smarter hockey and realize that if they force the Pens to play 5-on-5 hockey then this series is over. The PK was why the Wings lost, not the refs. The Wings got away with stuff too, but they did not get their even up penalty.

Well said Mike :thumbup:

Don't blame the officiating. It wasn't perfect, and there were more than enough calls missed. However, we didn't lose just because of the referees. We lost because we took dumb penalties. We lost because we couldn't finish. We lost because we played lackluster defense. And last but not least, we lost because the Penguins capitalized on the chances that they didn't in the past two games.

I doubt many of you predicted a sweep, so don't be surprised that we lost a game. Predicting a win in five, six, or seven games requires a few losses. It sucks, but Pittsburgh got this far for a reason. The Red Wings are the better team, and they'll prove it before all is said and done.

What has Hossa done except backcheck after turning the puck over and try to go 4 on 1?

Hossa has played excellent defense, and has been strong on the puck more often than not. Perhaps you'd feel better if Babs sat him and brought up whom?

Son?........I've probably got kids your age. Hoss's effort has been good as anyone and if you can't see that, you must be blind. And, I'm no troll.

Hossa's one of my favorite players. Saying I'm an idiot because I critize his play is stupid, he isnt here for hard work, he isnt a mucker, he's here to help us win, score goals, do positive things. He's trying to do too much, and he isnt THAT good. The Pens get a man on him, and bring an extra for support for behind and Hoss just turns over the puck. I'm not saying he sucks and should be benched, but he needs to help us win and not sit along for the ride having strong efforts and good defensive plays. Z's playing great defensive hockey and also having a positive effect at the offensive side of the rink. He needs to be better, and hopefully he will be.