• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

zata20

Crosby Dive

Rate this topic

psh the dive in the first was worse than that for christ sake... it was behind the net, right after the penalty on kroner for the malkin trip... cant recall who but it looked just like the day jager killer avery. find that video and commence bitching...

That's my first time seeing the dive and that's way more epic than Ozzie's dive when he got speared by Talbot. Crosby actually acted like someone threw a cinder block at his back.

Just when I was beginning to think he'd outgrown that s***.

Hats? Whiner.

Poke? Diver.

You were SO close, Sid.

Could we agree on one thing though, regardless of your opinion of Crosby's reaction?

Fact: Maltby hacked Crosby in the back. Fact: there was no call. So maybe the Pens aren't the only team getting the benefit of the non-calls?

Just an opinion.

and just like an ******* that opinion stinks. Dude, the refs were trying so hard not to laugh they woudn't have been able to blowthe whitle had they wanted to call a penalty! He DOVE ata very crucial time of the game, Detroit had FULL control and actually got a couple of poops at Fleury while Greg Luganis was lying on the ice. Usually when a player is hurt and in pain on the ice, the refs will bow the whistle when his team touches the puck, well, you noticed your guys got the puck and skated out of their zone all while he was still "hurt" on the ice. If the Wings would have scored on that sequence you would have had noone to blame but your golden boy. Wings score, maybe momentum swings (MAYBE.) Either way, he is an idiot, he is much better than that...

Could we agree on one thing though, regardless of your opinion of Crosby's reaction?

Fact: Maltby hacked Crosby in the back. Fact: there was no call.

If that was a 'Hack in the Back' that you imply should have been a penalty........do you call it rape when he gets a hard check into the glass?

Try this instead: Fact, Maltby took a chop at the back of Sids legs like what happens on every other play in any game between any two teams (or to Homer 8 times in 20 seconds standing in front of any team's net). Sid took a flying leap (gamesmanship) to attempt to make it look worse than it was.

THAT I could agree with.

Guest GordieSid&Ted
He barely touched Osgood. It wouldn't have even left a mark on your uncovered skin. It wasn't like Talbot impaled him and his stick came out the other side.

You are right. A few years ago it would have started a fight. But that proves my point. There was no fight because it was barely a love tap.

You're totally missing the boat here. I don't care how hard or lightly he tapped him. Player do not take the blade of their stick and put it into the goalie's chest like that. It doesn't happen. Players bump goalies, spray them, yap at them and even hit them occassionaly in the course of play. But Talbot had no reason to do what he did. It was Bush league in every sense of the word.

Tell me the last time you saw a player take their stick and just poke a goalie in the chest like Talbot did? I'm 32 years old, I think I can recall seeing that maybe 1 time in my life.

Again, i'm not debating that it was anything more than a love tap. It wasn't. There's no way he intended to hurt Ozzie or anything like that. What it was, was complete Bush league by Talbot and for a guy whose playing style I love, I pretty much hate his ******* guts now and think he's no better than a Jarko Ruttu or Steve Ott. Not quite there yet but WTF?

Tell me that is something NHL players do. Tell me its something you see all the time. Tell me Talbot isn't a ******* ****** bag for doing it. You don't take your stick and shove, cross check, slash or love tap another team's goalie. Talbot did it because they Pens were losing and he is a punk. That's what I get out of it.

bahahaha that was worse that Osgood's dives

okayokayokay I guess Crosby is the best at something

Regardless of your opinion of his reaction, don't you think this would have been a prime opportunity for the refs to make a big deal of this, if there really was some kind of "conspiracy"? I mean, the set-up couldn't have been better, player stick whacks the Annointed One himself, with his back turned... right there should have been a game misconduct for Maltby, suspension, banishment to Siberia and a $1,000,000 fine.

But instead... uh, nothing.

Bettman Conspiracy? Not so much.

Regardless of your opinion of his reaction, don't you think this would have been a prime opportunity for the refs to make a big deal of this, if there really was some kind of "conspiracy"? I mean, the set-up couldn't have been better, player stick whacks the Annointed One himself, with his back turned... right there should have been a game misconduct for Maltby, suspension, banishment to Siberia and a $1,000,000 fine.

If I was of the opinion that there was a Bettman Conspiracy, definitely. However, you obviously have me mixed up with someone else on the forum, as I haven't stated that there is a conspiracy against the Wings.

Also, as to the original topic...I've seen our guys with similar acting jobs. I wouldn't call out Crosby for doing something that 65% of the league does (embellishing/gamesmanship), including several of our guys.

I guess I have to say this AGAIN. I know many people on every team, redwings included, dive. That said, no one embellishes to that degree like Crosby. He flew in the air like he was shot, then he layed on the ice for at least 10 seconds, then he limped to the bench. Then surprise, surprise he comes out next shift with what it looks to be with little or no discomfort. If he just fell down a little bit and got right back up I would have no problem, but the fact is he had to drag on the embellishment.

Edited by zata20

If I was of the opinion that there was a Bettman Conspiracy, definitely. However, you obviously have me mixed up with someone else on the forum, as I haven't stated that there is a conspiracy against the Wings.

I'm not referring to you directly, just about 100 others I've read who buy into this cockeyed idea. Just making a statement in general. Wouldn't you agree this puts the last nail in the Conspiracy Coffin?

its funny that you bring up wings fans tsalking about consipiracies. did you happen to check letsgopens.com after game 2....it was nothing but "oh its obvious the league wants det. to win" blah blah blah. so again whatever you say bad about wings fans, pens fans do it just as much.

and at least the wings fans have somewhat of a point, i mean i dont think anyone believes for a second that bettman wants the wings to win over the golden boy. even the guys on ESPN pointed that out.

I guess I have to say this AGAIN. I know many people on every team, redwings included, dive. That said, no one embellishes to that degree like Crosby. He flew in the air like he was shot, then he layed on the ice for at least 10 seconds, then he limped to the bench. Then surprise, surprise he comes out next shift with what it looks to be with little or no discomfort. If he just fell down a little bit and got right back up I would have no problem, but the fact is he had to drag on the embellishment.

Did you ever play hockey? Have you been slashed there? It hurts like a *****

OMG that was sad. He barely touched him. Almost like how Crosby hit Maltby at the end of game two was it? Just a tap. You don't see Z or Pav do that. Crosby is a puss.

To all the trolls flame-baiters bottom feeders Pens fans posting on this thread, try to understand this:

We played as poorly as possible last night and deserved to lose.

That being said, this thread is about the obvious embellishment that Crosby performed on that so-called slash in a game that his team was dominating, which 1) was a blatant attempt to draw a penalty, 2) displayed serious sportsmanship issues {like so many things he does} and 3) almost cost his team a goal when he carried his act too far and left his team a player* down in the defensive zone. That is what the OP referred to, that's what the thread is about. Take your negativity elsewhere, there is already plenty to go around from those that are actually Wings fans and are genuinely frustrated by what we witnessed.

Edit: *notice I didn't say man

THIS is the guy we're all supposed to respect? THIS is the guy who is the NHL poster boy? THIS is the guy who represents leadership? My god have things changed. Can you imagine if Stevie Y or Lids would pull this kind of s***? Oh wait, you can't, CAUSE THEY NEVER WOULD.

The thought of this pansy holding up the Cup seriously makes me want to vomit.

Edited by ShanahanMan