• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ltgator333

Wings fans listen up

Rate this topic

We are going to be reminded enough of our team's loss, stop feeding these Pittsburg fans that are here for whatever and stop b!tchin about the calls that did or did not happen. Why drown yourselves in the recent negativity directed towards us or the team we root for? It happens all the time, we don't let it bother us otherwise! We fans have nothing to hang our heads over- hey we could be Lions fans or something.

It's done.

It's over.

It sucks, I know, but it's time to let it go and move on.

Too early for this.

I've tried doing what you suggested, but each time I think about this series, I'm disgusted by the thought of how good it'd feel if we skated the Cup in our building in game 7 and got to repeat as champs which is hard to do.

I'm also disgusted by the fact that we had such a great opportunity being so close to the Cup in an ideal situation at home and blew it. There's no telling when they'll get back here again. It's been more than 25 years since anyone made 3 straight Finals appearances if I'm not mistaken.

This loss would be easier to get over if it never happened. I can't help think about it, and always get the same response from my gut each time.

I'm not sure I understand why anybody is that upset over this. Sure, we didn't win the Stanley Cup. It's disappointing. But we have one of the best teams in the NHL. We have the best owner. The best management. Some of the best players. We have players on our third line that other teams would kill for on their first line. We have a system of excellence and a tradition of success. We've won more Cups in the last 10 years than any other hockey organization in the league.

And not only that, we made it BACK to the Stanley Cup Finals right after winning the Cup.

I think we should be nothing but absolutely proud and grateful towards this team.

I'm not sure I understand why anybody is that upset over this. Sure, we didn't win the Stanley Cup. It's disappointing. But we have one of the best teams in the NHL. We have the best owner. The best management. Some of the best players. We have players on our third line that other teams would kill for on their first line. We have a system of excellence and a tradition of success. We've won more Cups in the last 10 years than any other hockey organization in the league.

And not only that, we made it BACK to the Stanley Cup Finals right after winning the Cup.

I think we should be nothing but absolutely proud and grateful towards this team.

Because we blew a 2-0 lead and game 7 at home.

Because this team didn't play with tons of passion in the series, especially the last 2 games.

Because Crosby skated the Cup in OUR building.

Because we know how hard it is for a team to make it this far, especially with 15 wins. This is the closest you can come to winning, hence the most disappointing when you don't win.

Maybe you ultra-optimists aren't better fans than the pessimists, since you don't seem to be taking the loss as hard. If you guys have already gotten over the loss, I question how big a fans some of you are. This isn't necessarily directed at you, as much as it is directed at anyone who is criticizing others for taking the loss too harshly and blaming players left and right. We're disappointed and pissed.

Maybe you ultra-optimists aren't better fans than the pessimists, since you don't seem to be taking the loss as hard. If you guys have already gotten over the loss, I question how big a fans some of you are. This isn't necessarily directed at you, as much as it is directed at anyone who is criticizing others for taking the loss too harshly and blaming players left and right. We're disappointed and pissed.

I'm not saying that anybody doesn't have the right to be disappointed and/or pissed. And I'm certainly not trying to say that I'm a "better" fan or that anybody else is below me. I just think that we have a ton to be proud of, even with losing the Cup this year.

I'm not saying that anybody doesn't have the right to be disappointed and/or pissed. And I'm certainly not trying to say that I'm a "better" fan or that anybody else is below me. I just think that we have a ton to be proud of, even with losing the Cup this year.

to some extent I agree 100%

This is a Sour loss for many reason for me....

the biggest is we were the better team and everyone in that arena knew it....

and seeing that dickhead Bettman and his Pet Douchebag on our ice jut rubs the salt in that wound a bit....

proud of my Wings to get there...You bet...

of their effort in game 7? I can't... I understand injuries, but suck it up you have all summer to heal put your hurt ankle in the Stanley Cup with ice in it......

This is a SOUR end to this season for me at least

If you guys have already gotten over the loss, I question how big a fans some of you are.

Be disappointed and pissed. But guess what? My dad has a growth on his kidney and is having part of said kidney removed on Thursday, so excuse me all to hell for having heavier things on my mind at the moment.

Go ahead and think that people who were angry and pissed but now are anxiously awaiting next season aren't as big of a fan as you. See if I give a rat's ass. Just understand that not everyone has the luxury to sit around and wallow in misery all the time. Some of us have other things going on that puts a hockey game in its proper perspective.

If you can get over it and move on, then good for you. I can't. Not yet. I am disappointed, sad and pissed.

Its all just still too new and emotions are too raw.

I intend to wallow in it for awhile.... color me 'shallow' if you will.

Thank you I appreciate this.

I know it's bad out there in media-land but do you honestly think it's going to get any better? It's not, you're going to have to look at Crosby with what very nearly was our cup until someone else wins it, and who knows how much longer beyond that. I don't think that very thick skin is necessary in this situation as compared to what could be to just chill out.

Very good points above in that this is a flagship organization from top to bottom, we all know it, and anything's possible but odds are this isn't going to change anytime soon. I don't think Mr. Ilitch is just going to up and quit caring about his franchise nor is anyone else in management.

PS- I'm not some ultra-optimist and I sure as hell am a good fan, good enough to be wearing my RW shirt all day, and hat, to a spectator sport in front of hundreds and didn't give a d@mn what anybody thought of it. At this point I don't know if them losing or watching the floodwaters on here pisses me off more! I mean gawd forbid half of you would've had to been fans when they WERE the dead wings/things. At least now we have a valid response to that, cup or not.

Edited by ltgator333

We are going to be reminded enough of our team's loss, stop feeding these Pittsburg fans that are here for whatever and stop b!tchin about the calls that did or did not happen. Why drown yourselves in the recent negativity directed towards us or the team we root for? It happens all the time, we don't let it bother us otherwise! We fans have nothing to hang our heads over- hey we could be Lions fans or something.

It's done.

It's over.

what sucks is every game we see this coming season will show a highlight of chin pubes AKA cindy crosby hoisting the cup. the fact that all we will hear are the gretsky comparisons. even though he did jack s*** in the finals. that is the depressing thing that makes me thankful I do not have cable right now

It's done.

It's over.

i am cool... back from god's country in the UP all is well here!

Poor little street corner shops now with the $5 off sales going on all wings merchandise

proud of my Wings to get there...You bet...

of their effort in game 7? I can't... I understand injuries, but suck it up you have all summer to heal put your hurt ankle in the Stanley Cup with ice in it......

sometimes injuries do not allow you to be good enough to win. Two out of our three best players weren't even 30% during the whole series. Just bad luck and I hate when my team is loosing due this. I can't move on... Who knows how many years we all have to wait till the next cup...

PS At least now I fully understand Dallas fans. After moving through San Jose and Anaheim last year their find themselves against cup healthy Detroit team. Now I have much more respect for them playing without Morrow, Lehtinen, Zubov, Richards not contributing.

It's not even been a full two days since the Wings lost, there is going to be alot of this talk. I agree we do need to move on and think about the next season. However being that it's still so close to it happening the pain is still ther for a while and it may stay in some of us for longer.

We all have to handle this a different way. What got me through it is the fact that the Pens scored the first two goals and that got me out of it right then, it's not as if we scored first and they came back or it went to OT and we lost. I think if either of those would have happened I'ds still be in bed.

It's just to fresh in our heads right now, it's going to take a week or two or even more for everyone to stop thinking about it, and even then our minds will linger back to it from time to time. I for one am excited about this off-season that is what is going to help me get through this tough summer. See it's worse for me because I absolutley HATE Summer with a passion but I do look forward to seeing what moves are going to be made around the NHL and right here with the Detroit Red Wings.

When it comes time we will move forward and put this behind us but as of right now it's going to tough for a while.

I think it's easier said than done. I live in an area where hockey is not a real big deal. I can't tell you how many people in the last 2 days asked me "What happened to your Wings?"(snarky and sarcastic voice included). Not to mention a "friend" on FB just asked me that. The same person who less than a week ago asked where they could get cheap Wings merchandise.

I hope the wagon didn't run you over as you fell off. Hell, the checkout at Menards saw my check and commented on it.

Also, my Pens fan neighbor who was gone all weekend came home and within 5 minutes had his flag flying. Would it be wrong to sail some bottle rockets that way in hope of igniting it? LOL!

It will definitely take some time, but life goes on. I will ALWAYS be proud to be a fan of this team!

Edited by HanKarin40

If you guys have already gotten over the loss, I question how big a fans some of you are.

Oh please. Just because I am able to understand that there are other things that matter more and no matter how upset I get about this, we still lost, I'm not a big fan? Screw you. I have friends deployed in Iraq and Afghanistan. I have family members with terminal diseases. My wife is pregnant and there have been complications to include a possible brain tumor. My 410(k) s*** the bed. I'm upside down on my car and my home. I am so sorry I don't have time to pine over this. We lost, it sucks, I hope we do better next year. We need to move on. We don't need self-righteous pricks judging us who are supposed to our fellow fans and have our back. I can take the smack talk from Pens fans- they won. But from a Wings fan? Dude, get over yourself. If this is a reason to actually be depressed, remember- go up and down the street, not across the road. You'll do the world a favor.

Edited by thedisappearer

Oh please. Just because I am able to understand that there are other things that matter more and no matter how upset I get about this, we still lost, I'm not a big fan? Screw you. I have friends deployed in Iraq and Afghanistan. I have family members with terminal diseases. My wife is pregnant and there have been complications to include a possible brain tumor. My 410(k) s*** the bed. I'm upside down on my car and my home. I am so sorry I don't have time to pine over this. We lost, it sucks, I hope we do better next year. We need to move on. We don't need self-righteous pricks judging us who are supposed to our fellow fans and have our back. I can take the smack talk from Pens fans- they won. But from a Wings fan? Dude, get over yourself. If this is a reason to actually be depressed, remember- go up and down the street, not across the road. You'll do the world a favor.

Dear Christ. I am so, so sorry about that. I hope that both mother and child are safe and you have a healthy baby. I can't imagine being in your wife's position right now.

You are awesome and I agree 100%.

It DOES suck that we lost, but.. are we going to win the Stanley Cup EVERY year? No. Do we still have an amazing and awesome and wonderfully talented team to be proud of? YES. I can understand being disappointed.. and I don't knock anybody for feeling that way.. but I am just excited that our guys made it as far as they did, injuries and all.. and I am looking forward to next season.