• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedWingsRox

Report: Hossa turns down Wings' offer

Rate this topic

Really.....now we can afford several no talent North American thugs who can protect our Euro-***** skill players and really contribute to a successful run in the 2010 playoffs

Actually, what we could afford is a couple - make that 4 - Max Talbot's. You know - the guy that outscored Hossa in the finals.

Draft picks? Its a 2nd round pick. Whoop-Dee-Doo. You're a moron if you think Holland would let Hudler walk away for a 2nd round pick, and not do something to make up the cap space, which would be a breeze. Hes already acknowledged that hes trading a Dman anyways, so that frees up at least 500k.

And at any rate, you still haven't addressed the arbitration issue. You take a player to arbitration, hes protected from offer sheets, and can negotiate with him up until his trial. Welcome to hockey.

I'd ask you to take a look at the history of the Red Wings' draft picks. I'm not so quick to throw away a 2nd rounder. Let's say the Wings cut a defenseman and have around $4 million in cap space. This team cannot afford to have $2.5 million, 63% of their remaining cap space, invested in one player. Hudler is a nice player, but he is in no means crucial to the Wings and is expendable.

To include Leino in that comparison is laughable. He hardly played.

That is why I didn't put his pay...I was comparing the two others, throwing in that Leino will be signed, for not a whole lotta money.

You are right........not laughable IMO, but if people are going to dis on players that don't score in 7 games....then why the hell not put him in there?!

What I don't understand, is why would anyone say they are going to be sad to see Hossa go? We had him for ONE YEAR...he didn't produce as well as he was expected for over $7 mil and the Wing's have won cups in the past without him....sooooo...is it really that big of deal??? Just helps to KEEP some of the depth as others say!

We better hope he files for arbitration and doesn't go to trial (ala Filppula) because if he goes to trial he will make more than he is worth.

If Hudler is being so difficult that a deal can't be reached by arbitration - which usually comes in August - then Holland would be more prone to trade him for a reasonable return. Hes not going to get sniped away at the cost of a 2nd round pick.

How can the Wings possibly win a Cup without Hossa? Oh wait, we did it last year.

You Hossa mancrushers need to get over the fact that this was simply a one-night stand that didn't work out, because Hossa (pardon the pun), couldn't finish properly in the end.

We're starting to sound like idiot Pens fans obsessing over this part time player.

No Hudler please either ... I would rather get some picks then him on the team. Re-sign Leino and call up Adkel and Helm for full time hockey.

Not going to happen man. Under the new RFA compensation chart we'd get peanuts for Hudler unless he signed a deal valued greater than 3.16 million dollars a season. Drafting a kid like Hudler requires a 1st or 2nd round pick (the 2nd rounder being if you're lucky like we were).

Leino and Helm combined will be lucky to net the points Hudler will next year. Leino will probably reach 30-40 points next season if we're lucky and Helm will hopefully reach 20 points. Hudler put up 57 last year, so he's good for something in the 60's or even low 70's this season coming up.

Simply put- losing Hudler would needlessly hurt our depth now that Hossa's gone. Hudler's 25 years old man- and he's already hit 57 pts. He could realistically hit the 70's or 80's in his career. Why dump that just because he's small?

Not everyone on this team will be big or a hitter. We don't need 12 grinding forwards, there's room for finesse players.

How can the Wings possibly win a Cup without Hossa? Oh wait, we did it last year.

You Hossa mancrushers need to get over the fact that this was simply a one-night stand that didn't work out, because Hossa (pardon the pun), couldn't finish properly in the end.

We're starting to sound like idiot Pens fans obsessing over this part time player.

Well, damn who woulda thought! I agree with you 100%!!

I'd ask you to take a look at the history of the Red Wings' draft picks. I'm not so quick to throw away a 2nd rounder. Let's say the Wings cut a defenseman and have around $4 million in cap space. This team cannot afford to have $2.5 million, 63% of their remaining cap space, invested in one player. Hudler is a nice player, but he is in no means crucial to the Wings and is expendable.

What do the Wings history of draft picks have to do with anything? I'd ask you to look at the history of Ken Holland. Hes not dumb enough to let Hudler go for a 2nd round pick.

We're about 80 pages short of reaching their epic thread from last summer.

Not going to happen man. Under the new RFA compensation chart we'd get peanuts for Hudler unless he signed a deal valued greater than 3.16 million dollars a season. Drafting a kid like Hudler requires a 1st or 2nd round pick (the 2nd rounder being if you're lucky like we were).

Leino and Helm combined will be lucky to net the points Hudler will next year. Leino will probably reach 30-40 points next season if we're lucky and Helm will hopefully reach 20 points. Hudler put up 57 last year, so he's good for something in the 60's or even low 70's this season coming up.

Simply put- losing Hudler would needlessly hurt our depth now that Hossa's gone. Hudler's 25 years old man- and he's already hit 57 pts. He could realistically hit the 70's or 80's in his career. Why dump that just because he's small?

Not everyone on this team will be big or a hitter. We don't need 12 grinding forwards, there's room for finesse players.

The problem is we're full of finesse players, and not enough grinders.

What do the Wings history of draft picks have to do with anything? I'd ask you to look at the history of Ken Holland. Hes not dumb enough to let Hudler go for a 2nd round pick.

Kenny's also not dumb enough to blow most of the remaining cap space on one player when we would still need 2 more forwards.

Edited by The Big Red Machine

But with a 2nd round pick you might get lucky and draft yourself a new Hudler (who will be availible in 5 years). That's a brilliant trade!

The problem is we're full of finesse players, and not enough grinders.

I don't know about grinders or finesse players or what titles have you but it would be great if they can get some 3rd/4th line versions of Zetterberg, guys who do the dirty work to win the battles for the puck without hesitation.

Kenny's also not dumb enough to blow most of the remaining cap space on one player when we would still need 2 more forwards.

Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot that whole part where the Wings can't trade anyone off their roster, ever. What a shocking idea. Surely Ken Holland would never think of it.