• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

wings1110

boo hossa?

Rate this topic

No, there is no reason to boo him. He even had some very classy things to say about Detroit. There really is no reason to boo Fedorov either.

Offical Boo List

Gary Bettman

and any team collectively

There are some individuals that were on the list at one time but they have long since retired, or retired and came back and signed with the Sharks only to be elminated.

No, there is no reason to boo him. He even had some very classy things to say about Detroit. There really is no reason to boo Fedorov either.

Offical Boo List

Gary Bettman

and any team collectively

There are some individuals that were on the list at one time but they have long since retired, or retired and came back and signed with the Sharks only to be elminated.

Pronger. Mostly because he's just a terrible excuse for a human being no matter what jersey he's wearing.

Edited by titanium2

It's not pathetic it's STUPID...

I agree.

Hossa owes the Red Wings NOTHING. He signed a one year deal, and has fulfilled that deal, period. He had a great regular season, but had trouble in the post season. s*** happens. It's his decision to play where he wants. Obviously, he liked the deal Chicago could make him better. End of story.

I still like Hossa and will get nervous whenever he touches the puck when the Wings play the Blackhawks, just like I did when he played for Pittsburgh - because he's a great player.

I don't boo players like Marian Hossa. I have no reason to boo him and doubt that I ever will.

Good luck Marian and thanks for the season in Detroit, you were fun to watch as a member of the Wings.

I mentioned this in another thread, but some of you make me laugh. Not you meaning people in this thread but you meaning people on this board.

After the SCF you wanted Hossa out of here. In fact, if given the chance most of you would have run him out of town yourselves, pitchforks and rifles in hand. Completely forgetting the fact we wouldn't have made it as far as we did without his contributions, of course. Now that he's gone, you're pissed. Well make up your farking minds, you ninnies.

i didnt read the other comments yet but...

why boo hossa? A good player who played hard for us all year (minus the finals, WE KNOW!). Hes not a goon, hes not a ******, he took a pay cut last year. No one REALLY expected him to stay, and we all knew we couldn't afford him long term.

Personally, I'm happy for Hossa, he has another good shot at the cup, hes finally locked up with a good deal in a good franchise.

As a wings fan its easy to start taking loyalty for granted. The core of the players throughout the years have been loyal long term guys, but on nearly every other team, players come and go all the time, on the wings when a player leaves it seems like some huge shock.

He who boos hossa is a classless prick. (yes that godawful 'classless' phrase again)

Different situation, Fedorov was drafted by Wings and gave up TWICE on them...

He gave up once and management gave up once. And it is different situations, you're right, he actually accomplished something here and carried us on his back before to a cup.

Fans are going to be fans for better and worse. This includes booing. Sometimes it's just something to do to be part of the crowd whether it is right or wrong, stupid or not, justified or not. If that is the only thing fans do, they could do a lot worse.

If we are going to using booing alone to get on people's cases, Pittsburgh fans booing Hossa doesn't make them any better/worse fans. Nor will it be the same if/when Wings fans do it.

i didnt read the other comments yet but...

why boo hossa? A good player who played hard for us all year (minus the finals, WE KNOW!). Hes not a goon, hes not a ******, he took a pay cut last year. No one REALLY expected him to stay, and we all knew we couldn't afford him long term.

Personally, I'm happy for Hossa, he has another good shot at the cup, hes finally locked up with a good deal in a good franchise.

As a wings fan its easy to start taking loyalty for granted. The core of the players throughout the years have been loyal long term guys, but on nearly every other team, players come and go all the time, on the wings when a player leaves it seems like some huge shock.

He who boos hossa is a classless prick. (yes that godawful 'classless' phrase again)

That's not entirely true. Ever single person that did that cap crunch thing to "prove" we could afford him had a thought that we could keep him. All the LGW'rs that got excited every time a new article saying Hossa wants to stay, those people though he really would be signed long term.

So in short, yes, there actually were a mass of people who actually thought, for whatever reason, he would actually stick around.

/actually

are we gunna boo him. we should.

Would people let it go already! Sure we can all call Hossa a traitor and be a**holes about it but it won't change the fact that it's done. Over. Finished. Ca-put. Remember, Hossa was technically a traitor to come to Detroit last year anyway. So just forget about. For the next 12 years. I'm not saying I like the fact that he went to Chicago, but it's not the end of the world. Chicago's defense sucks anyway.

Edited by Scotty

Offical Boo List

Gary Bettman

Maybe this should be it's own topic but why does everyone boo/hate Gary Bettman? All things considered, he's actually a pretty good commissioner (especially compared to, say, Bud Selig) and the Wings have flourished under his watch.

The salary cap seems to be working pretty well, the sport seems to be growing, the officiating is the best of 4 major sports (watch a basketball game, you'll see what I mean), the players and owners have a good rapport, the shootout is a success, there is still fighting in the game but there is an emphasis on skill (not like the straight-up goonery from the Flyers 70s), Bettman actually goes to games, does interviews with the TV/Radio personnel (when he was interviewed by Mickey you knew it was going to be awkward when Mickey brought up the officiating - Bettman did then interview anyway), and he's not afraid to tinker with the game (and not in the stupid "winner of the all-star game gets home ice advantage" kind of way).

I see only a couple issues - the TV deal with Versus (which was for $$, not exposure), the deal with NBC (which was for exposure, not $$), and the fact that he comes across a bit intelligentsia-brusque on TV or radio.

I like him.

Oh, and I wouldn't boo Hossa.

Oh, for pity's sake, people.

He gave up money for a year. That was the plan. He took the risk. It was a goal short of working out.

We might as well boo Lang, Schneids, Bert, Calder, Boyd, Koslov, Dandy, Williams, Joey Mac, Conks, Koko, Quincey, Cheli...

Some of those guys got traded. Others weren't re-signed or were placed on waivers. Some left on their own accord. The point is that guys leave. Hossa fulfilled his contract. Adiosa, Mr Hossa. We move on.

This would be my exact reaction:

headdeskjon.gif

No.

Please God, No.

Win.

This is one of the worst threads ever started.

Personally, I am going to cheer for Hossa because he has always been and always will be one of my favorite players no matter what team he is on. We all knew there was a very slim chance he would play for the Wings after last season and should have already accepted that by now.

Hockey is a business. Playing hockey is his job. Get over it.

Good luck to Hossa in the future.

There will be ignorant idiots booing Hossa when he comes to town, hopefully not to the point where it's really noticeable... But fans will be trying to enhance some undeserving boos everytime he touchest that puck.

No I would not boo. Booing only gives Hossa more motivation remember??!?

Even if booing threw him off his game, I still wouldn't do. He fulfilled his contract with us. Pre-cap, there wouldn't have been a second thought of whether Hossa was gonna be a Wing next season or not. He probably would have been a Wing for life in the pre-cap era. But this is the post cap era, and thats just how it is.

Hossa is a great hockey player and a pleasure to watch and, from all accounts, a hard worker and a gentleman. Why on earth boo someone like him?

We could not pay him what he is worth so he went to a team that could. Nothing more, nothing less.

Unbelievable. FROM DAY ONE everybody expected it to be a one-year deal because of the Cap situation. And yet, as soon as he signs elsewhere, everyone acts like this was a blindside deal.

So basically, NO we shouldn't boo him. And quite frankly I'd be ashamed if some idiot out there does boo him.

Booing him would be completely retarded. The way I see it, he did us a favor by signing with the Wings. He owes the Wings nothing, and we all knew he probably wasn't going to be re-signed when when he signed with the Wings. Sure he wasn't clutch in the playoffs, but he sure as hell didn't hurt.

I will not be booing him. He is too good of a hockey player for taht and I respect him too much.

pronger is also a really talented

playe, let's not boo him either.

If they aren't wearing red and white, they may as well be wearing a Nazi flag, meaning you're enemy #1