• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Pavel Bure

Chris Osgood message board poster?

Rate this topic

Well, good for whoever wrote that reply. Whatever ******* has to dog a player and his family needs to be put back in line. To bother any famous person for autographs while they are eating dinner with their family is a dick move anyway. I hope it was Ozzie. I know of a bunch of people that had items signed in Troy one summer and I never heard anyone say he was a dick about signing anything.

If I played in the NHL I would find it impossible to not read message boards and look for posts about me. I would not take it personally, but I would be too curious to not look. I also would not be above registering and piping in occasionally (anonymously) -- I have a hard time believing I am completely unique.

wow. Ozzy posting on the Pens boards isn't as incredible as the poster who is stalking him and his family. That's just creepy! Who does that? I am seriously sicken by the penguins fans... they take classless to an entirely new level. and it's sad!

If I played in the NHL I would find it impossible to not read message boards and look for posts about me. I would not take it personally, but I would be too curious to not look. I also would not be above registering and piping in occasionally (anonymously) -- I have a hard time believing I am completely unique.

You and I agree 100%. I was just thinking the same thing... what makes NHL players (or other sports players) so different than other human beings? I own/operate a blog website that gets 450,000+ hits per month and I search out forums and blogs that talk about my site to see what they are saying.

And think about their travel time during the regular season, I'm sure more guys than not log on to the internet while flying to Cali (or far away states) just to kill time... Remember the FSN thing about how the Red Wings travel and the camera boards the plane? Did you notice all the guys on their laptops while in the air?

I'm not a flyer, does planes get internet?

Not sure what your point is regarding the discussion since we're talking about someone who wrote a post on a Penguin board who said they are "Ozzy," not whether Ozzie would read and possibly anonymously respond to a post.

I would be quite surprised that Osgood would REGISTER with a Pens board to post, don't you have to fill out some sensitive stuff to register? Like your email address at least?

It takes less than 60 seconds to create a throw away email account. I make them all the time to avoid spam to my real email accounts.

Good point :)

Looks like the thread over there has been deleted too, btw.

Pretty funny how the admin/mods allowed the kid stalking to post Ozzy's address (and pictures?), but when Ozzy went on there to clear the air, the entire thread gets deleted. I hope they got a cease and desist letter from Ozzy's attorney.

No you wouldn't. You think you would, but you wouldn't.

Not saying there aren't NHL players that go on the internet and check out some message boards and stuff like that, but most of the time it wouldn't make you feel the least bit good about yourself and I think most players maybe do it a few times and then realize it's better to just stay away from places like this. Imagine if Ozzie had visited this board at any point during this season? Nothing but "Ozzie sucks" and "Get a real goaltender!!" threads.

Or if Stuart had come here after the SCF. He'd kill himself after reading some of the stuff people wrote.

Maybe if you're more of a no-name player it would be more fun. Or when you're new in the league. Or if you have a massive ego like Ovechkin.

But these people aren't like you me who get all excited if we get our picture in some local newspaper. They don't have to scour message boards for comments about them.

I saw Kris Draper and his family eating dinner once. I was excited and young, but even at that age I knew, without even being told by my parents, that approaching him and his family during dinner was a line that should not be crossed.

I agree with others, these men and their families are all humans and they deserve the ability to live their lives. Many hockey players have been very gracious in the past when it comes to autographs. Mathieu Dandenault and Darren McCarty both took time to sign things for me when I met them at the Troy rink (and it was not a signing event).

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

Anyone have a better or copies of this post and this person posting the crap?

Players definitely read message boards. Obviously not all of them, but plenty do.

Brian Campbell says he always checks up on different forums. He even said he used to post but he doesn't want to get caught up in arguments about the game he plays professionally.

Danny Syvret who has cracked the NHL (barely) always said that he'd want to talk to fans as much as possible and he responds to almost all of his twitter messages. He's the NHL player I've known the best and well he's just a kid. Always worried about what people thought of him when he captained the London Knights... he used to talk about how he didn't think he'd play in the NHL and wonder if he could play Counter Strike and Call of Duty pro instead.

Bottom line is that these guys are just people. They want to know what people are saying about them and money doesn't change everyone.

I highly doubt professional athletes post anything (or much) on a sports forum, generally speaking. They play the game and I think they' probably laugh their rear ends off with fans that make obnoxious and overdramatic posts.

You'd think some night on a long road trip, they'd be drunk and bored and come on here with new accounts like "Nik Lindstrom" "Brad Stewart" "Kurt Maltby" or something and try to convince us that they were really them, and then laugh at us as we shot them down.

You know, it's kind of funny how easy it would be to fake. I could go on and say that I live next door to, say, Lilja in Sweden over the summer. I know from the internet that he built his own house, and he has a wife and 2 little girls. I could fabricate a story using that information, then accuse him of being rude to his neighbours in the white house on the other side of him.

Then I could create a second account, "Paintrain713" and refute what I had said in my OP. I could say that my neighbours were Inga and Bjorn Pahlsson, and their children were Bjarne and Kjirsten and that they seemed like nice people, but I didn't know them well.

Having thrown out actual names looks realistic, but only the actual neighbours would know if they were fake. No one else on the message board would have a clue.

Not saying this is what happened, just saying it would be easy to do. Until someone spotted the glaring error. :sly:

You'd think some night on a long road trip, they'd be drunk and bored and come on here with new accounts like "Nik Lindstrom" "Brad Stewart" "Kurt Maltby" or something and try to convince us that they were really them, and then laugh at us as we shot them down.

You know, it's kind of funny how easy it would be to fake. I could go on and say that I live next door to, say, Lilja in Sweden over the summer. I know from the internet that he built his own house, and he has a wife and 2 little girls. I could fabricate a story using that information, then accuse him of being rude to his neighbours in the white house on the other side of him.

Then I could create a second account, "Paintrain713" and refute what I had said in my OP. I could say that my neighbours were Inga and Bjorn Pahlsson, and their children were Bjarne and Kjirsten and that they seemed like nice people, but I didn't know them well.

Having thrown out actual names looks realistic, but only the actual neighbours would know if they were fake. No one else on the message board would have a clue.

Not saying this is what happened, just saying it would be easy to do. Until someone spotted the glaring error. :sly:

I would be very suspicous of why Lilja's neighbours had such a strange mix of swedish and norwegian names ;)

Ozzie signed my hat, but he was at work.

(at a practice in L.A. that was open to the public.)

He seemed very happy to do it.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least to find out that really was him, but I suppose we'll never really know.

Rock on OZ! Keep stoppin' pucks, and shuttin' up the haters!

Edit: You can get internet on Delta flights, but it's a recent thing. I don't doubt a private jet would have similar technology.

Edited by EastLansingNative

Come on guys, don't be so gullible.

Would he choose the username "Ozzy1126" ?

Would he sign his post "Ozzy" ? Yeah, I'm sure he goes around calling himself Ozzy IRL as well.

Do you really think he cares if someone on a messageboard (a penguins board of all things) says that someone thinks he's an *******? And why the hell would he respond and give out the names of his neighbours and their kids? I would think that's the last thing he would do.

If this is all it takes to bring Chris to a message board and make him respond, he should be here constantly trying to "clear the air".

That post reads exactly like something a 15-20 year old would imagine a player would write if they came onto a message board. Fake.

I know you all want to think there's a chance that the players read msg boards and that there's a chance they'll even post, but really.

This