• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

egroen

Holland confirms that Hudler will play in KHL

Rate this topic

In the interview with Sammy after he signed with the Canucks I believe he said he had pretty much decided he would be leaving when Franzen got his deal and Holland was still trying to sign Hossa...... He knew there was no money left to get a decent deal from the Wings.......

I don't know if its been stated already, but does anyone else see this as a positive.

If it turns out to be a 2 year deal, Hudler gains loads of experience both on and off the ice... in Russia, not the Central Division. The Wings free up cap room. We retain his rights so when he does return to N. America we either sign him to the same contract we would have today, or trade his rights for picks.

Just think of it as him being sent out on loan. The UK members here know what I'm talking about.

Edited by DYags

Update from MLIVE:

Update on the Jiri Hudler situation: Red Wings general manager Ken Holland said Wednesday evening that Hudler's North American agent, Petr Svoboda, told him the 25-year-old forward has signed a two-year deal to play for Moscow Dynamo of the Russian Kontinental League and will not return to Detroit.

"(Svoboda) confirmed to me that Hudler has signed (with Dynamo) and is planning to play in the Russian league,'' Holland said. "I'm going forward, planning that he's not going to be in a Red Wings uniform.''

He could have at least got us rfa picks and then peaced >.>

So we should ***** about Hudler not giving the Wings any compensation for him leaving ???

How about the Wings giving compensation to others (AHL'ers) BEFORE a fulltime NHL'er....................

Holland should have had Hudler resigned before even dealing with Leino, Abby, and whoever else he decided to bring up from Grand Rapids...There should've been a contract and money available with Hossa-Sammy-Kopecky-Conklin leaving for Huds BEFORE signing anyone that was guarenteed to make less than him.......

People talk about how loyalty is a big thing with the Wings and since Hudler didn't give the Wings what they wanted, he's an unloyal ass....but Holland signing kids from GR BEFORE signing someone that has played three years (NHL), had part in winning a cup, career high stats, etc........isn't disloyal???? It's a F'N slap in the face if you ask me!

It works both ways kids, both ways......

And if it's true that he plays in the KHL and the Wings retain his rights....who knows....you could see a beefed-up Hudler in two years kicking ass....(wishin' just a bit) :blush:

So we should ***** about Hudler not giving the Wings any compensation for him leaving ???

How about the Wings giving compensation to others (AHL'ers) BEFORE a fulltime NHL'er....................

Holland should have had Hudler resigned before even dealing with Leino, Abby, and whoever else he decided to bring up from Grand Rapids...There should've been a contract and money available with Hossa-Sammy-Kopecky-Conklin leaving for Huds BEFORE signing anyone that was guarenteed to make less than him.......

People talk about how loyalty is a big thing with the Wings and since Hudler didn't give the Wings what they wanted, he's an unloyal ass....but Holland signing kids from GR BEFORE signing someone that has played three years (NHL), had part in winning a cup, career high stats, etc........isn't disloyal???? It's a F'N slap in the face if you ask me!

It works both ways kids, both ways......

And if it's true that he plays in the KHL and the Wings retain his rights....who knows....you could see a beefed-up Hudler in two years kicking ass....(wishin' just a bit) :blush:

lol slap in the face? the reason holland re-signed "kids from GR" first is because their easy to re-sign, they have nothing to bargain with. their not looking at the same kind of raise as hudler. you give them a 5% increase and its done. hudler was in a totally different sitauation as those kids.

the only slap in the face is hudler walking away. do i hate him? no. am i disappointed? of course. i actually liked him, but now he's turned his back on the wings. if he plays in Russia next year he will never wear the winged wheel again.

I'm very certain he was in negotiations with all the players he intended to attempt to re-sign simultaneously. He has to build an entire roster with so much cap space, so if he can't fit Hudler into a certain salary range than he can't assemble a full roster by signing him. Basically all of the players you seem to be upset about (Leino, Helm, Howard) were going to be on the roster regardless of what happened with Jiri.

The cap space you allude to with the loss of so many UFAs isn't translating into the same figure as it did previously. Hank and Franzen's new contracts kicked in this year and they are significantly larger than the year before (which is what predicated the Hossa signing in the first place).

players in their prime going to a second rate league for bigger money...i think this is a huge problem the NHL needs to figure out...i would hate to see huds go...especially to the KHL.

lol slap in the face? the reason holland re-signed "kids from GR" first is because their easy to re-sign, they have nothing to bargain with. their not looking at the same kind of raise as hudler. you give them a 5% increase and its done. hudler was in a totally different sitauation as those kids.

the only slap in the face is hudler walking away. do i hate him? no. am i disappointed? of course. i actually liked him, but now he's turned his back on the wings. if he plays in Russia next year he will never wear the winged wheel again.

Like 10 said, the AHL'ers are far easier to sign. They have zero leverage.

Not happy that Huds is gone for money, but he can't seriously have thought he was worth more than the $2.5M that Holland was offering. But hey, more power to him. If he wants more cash, then take it. Just don't expect me to root for the guy if he comes back in 2 years wanting to wear the winged wheel. By that time, I'm hoping Holland has no money or room on the team for him.

~ Z

Wow, the KHL screws us, and no compensation. I guess its a two way street.

I'm honestly surprised about Hudler pulling this. The Wings developed him into what he is now, and then he bolts as a RFA to Russia?

Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out, Huds.

Not happy that Huds is gone for money, but he can't seriously have thought he was worth more than the $2.5M that Holland was offering. But hey, more power to him. If he wants more cash, then take it.

Um, he was going to arbitration and would have gotten more than 2.5 mil....so his choice in jumping ship to the KHL makes little sense.

Like 10 said, the AHL'ers are far easier to sign. They have zero leverage.

Not happy that Huds is gone for money, but he can't seriously have thought he was worth more than the $2.5M that Holland was offering. But hey, more power to him. If he wants more cash, then take it. Just don't expect me to root for the guy if he comes back in 2 years wanting to wear the winged wheel. By that time, I'm hoping Holland has no money or room on the team for him.

~ Z

Does anyone have an example of anyone earning $2.5m or less with close to 60 points, that is not on an entry level contract and gets less than 16 minutes per game (Hudler averages 13).

Red Wings fans have developed a serious dissociation with reality here.

Damn It! I go out of town and this happens! Figures I'd miss it, but:

:punk: :banana: :carrot: :clap: :band: :bye1::w00t2::yahoo:

And for those of you who though Hudler was a team player and would give Holland a break to help him ice a FULL roster an the best team possible (Hudler is a greedy sonuvabeep!) He knows the Cap situation, but still wants Filppula type money (or more.) So to those of you who still sympathize with a LOSER: :nopity: and a great big I Told You So!

Now we can ice a a full team, instead of ONE greedy person taking up 90% of the cap space!