• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

egroen

Holland confirms that Hudler will play in KHL

Rate this topic

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/

Red Wings general manager Ken Holland said there's a real possibility that forward Jiri Hudler will play in Russia next season if he accepts an offer from Moscow Dynamo of the Kontinental Hockey League.

Reports out of the Czech Republic indicate Hudler has signed a two-year deal with Dynamo. There is some uncertainty, however, if this is his just his Plan B if he is not satisfied with whatever deal he gets from the Wings.

"It's a real possibility he's going to take this (Russian) offer,'' Holland said. "He'd be taking a lot less money to stay in the NHL.''

What's confusing is that Hudler filed for arbitration on Sunday, indicating a strong desire to get a deal done with Detroit.

Holland said he not yet heard back from Hudler's North American agent, Petr Svoboda, but that if reports that Hudler had signed the Russian deal are true he would "go on the assumption that he's gone.''

Holland said Svoboda told him on Monday of the Russian offer. Holland and coach Mike Babcock spoke with Hudler on Tuesday. Holland said Hudler gave him no indication about what he was going to do.

The Wings have a long-term offer on the table to Hudler, who earned $1.15 million last season. Svoboda told Holland the Wings' offer was a good one. But it can't come close to matching Dynamo's offer, which is worth significantly more than the $2 million a year TSN is reporting. Plus, it's tax-free and heavily front-loaded.

Hudler apparently is torn and confused. He wants to stay in Detroit, but the Russian offer is a lot of money to turn down.

Then go to Russia.

mlive.com is saying that the TSN report is false, the contract is tax free and heavily front loaded. There is no way he ditches for 1 yr 2 million, from Hollands comments it sounds like big big money.

Either way I'm sad to see him go but if it goes like this eff him

they are just stashing huds over there for the year, then when the contracts come off the books they will be able to give him his deal next off season when there is significantly more cap space available

this is my theory

But if its a 2 year deal, like mlive is saying, and not one year, like tsn is saying, your theory doesn't work. Would be no reason to wait 2 years.

But if its a 2 year deal, like mlive is saying, and not one year, like tsn is saying, your theory doesn't work. Would be no reason to wait 2 years.

KHL and NHL have no movement agreement, because some one has a contract with the other league means nothing to either.

KHL and NHL have no movement agreement, because some one has a contract with the other league means nothing to either.

yeah I didn't think about that, you are right. But I still don't think that's what he's doing, staying there until money frees up next year. I think it's just about money. Wings have a long term offer on the table and I don't think one year in Russia is gonna make them give Jiri more money.

Edited by StevieY9802

i was going by the TSN repot, but if its 2 years then that sucks. But im pretty sure huds will have some sort of out clause so my theory still may work :lol:

If Huddles doesn't want to play for this team, or in the best league in the world, then by all means, good riddance. With that said, this actually makes me fairly happy. I hope we can use this cap space, assuming the reports are true, to ink a guy like Travis Moen.

also it should be noted that once the contracts come off the books after this coming season the wings have 16M in cap to play with

They do but I still go back to my point, the Wings have a long term offer on the table, so I look at that as 3-5 years probably, so thats probably at a number they can live with NOW and a few years down the line. Will him being gone a year make them give him more money? I don't think so.

The Red Wings better play some damn good defense next season.

No s*** if the D and Netminding looks like the start of last season it will be very hard to win with 5 or 6 goals!

I never thought some one so young would ever go to Russia, Yashin, Jagr etc... were all at the end of their careers, still viable players but towards the end of their cycle!

I never thought some one so young would ever go to Russia, Yashin, Jagr etc... were all at the end of their careers, still viable players but towards the end of their cycle!

Radulov...we can now relate with Preds fans, Radulov and Hudler were at pretty similar places in their careers (statistically) and bolted for the tundra escept radulov was younger

Edited by russianswede919293

Radulov...we can now relate with Preds fans, Radulov and Hudler were at pretty similar places in their careers (statistically) and bolted for the tundra escept radulov was younger

Good point, isn't Radulov trying to get back or wasn't he like after two weeks of being in Russia?

Yup about 80 goals short from where we were, leino scores MAYBE 20, we are 60 goals short of where we would be, FA and Helm score MAYBE 20 between them short 40 goals from last year...

That's right where we would expect to be, though, as Hossa scored exactly 40 goals last year, and he is the only player that we haven't replaced (because in a salary cap world we aren't supposed to have Hossa to begin with)

We're still good, even if Hudler takes off.

From TSN- Sorry if its a double post:

The offseason became a lot more challenging for the Detroit Red Wings on Wednesday, as reports out the Czech Republic indicate that restricted free agent forward Jiri Hudler has agreed to a one-year, $2 million contract with Dynamo Moscow of the Kontinental Hockey League.

Hudler, 25, was one of 20 players who filed for salary arbitration on Sunday.

Hudler and the Red Wings were in the process of negotiating a contract before the hearing took place between July 20 and August 4. By filing for arbitration, Hudler could not receive an offer sheet from another team.

Hudler earned $1.15 million last season while posting career-highs of 23 goals and 57 points.

WTF- For only 2 mill?? SurelyKenny was willing to pay Huds that??

Good point, isn't Radulov trying to get back or wasn't he like after two weeks of being in Russia?

I think he was, but wound up staying there. I remember reading the KHL defaulted on a ton of contracts last year, they may have missed a paycheck.

I read your response in another thread opie, and although Huds might be getting more money in the KHL, it is not guarenteed, this league has already failed to pay players and has yet to prove that they can be a succesful league. A 4 year 15 million contract there could be a 1 year contract for 2.5 million realistically if the league defaults or flops.

Its a huge risk to take the big defaultable money over the not as big but still big guarenteed money.

Mlive

The Wings have a long-term offer on the table to Hudler, who earned $1.15 million last season. Svoboda told Holland the Wings' offer was a good one. But it can't come close to matching Dynamo's offer, which is worth significantly more than the $2 million a year TSN is reporting. Plus, it's tax-free and heavily front-loaded.

for once is TSN wrong?