• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

egroen

Holland confirms that Hudler will play in KHL

Rate this topic

From TSN- Sorry if its a double post:

The offseason became a lot more challenging for the Detroit Red Wings on Wednesday, as reports out the Czech Republic indicate that restricted free agent forward Jiri Hudler has agreed to a one-year, $2 million contract with Dynamo Moscow of the Kontinental Hockey League.

Hudler, 25, was one of 20 players who filed for salary arbitration on Sunday.

Hudler and the Red Wings were in the process of negotiating a contract before the hearing took place between July 20 and August 4. By filing for arbitration, Hudler could not receive an offer sheet from another team.

Hudler earned $1.15 million last season while posting career-highs of 23 goals and 57 points.

WTF- For only 2 mill?? SurelyKenny was willing to pay Huds that??

Reports are saying the TSN story (at least the numbers) are false.

From TSN- Sorry if its a double post:

The offseason became a lot more challenging for the Detroit Red Wings on Wednesday, as reports out the Czech Republic indicate that restricted free agent forward Jiri Hudler has agreed to a one-year, $2 million contract with Dynamo Moscow of the Kontinental Hockey League.

Hudler, 25, was one of 20 players who filed for salary arbitration on Sunday.

Hudler and the Red Wings were in the process of negotiating a contract before the hearing took place between July 20 and August 4. By filing for arbitration, Hudler could not receive an offer sheet from another team.

Hudler earned $1.15 million last season while posting career-highs of 23 goals and 57 points.

WTF- For only 2 mill?? SurelyKenny was willing to pay Huds that??

Even if is $2M it's TAX FREE!!!

I think he was, but wound up staying there. I remember reading the KHL defaulted on a ton of contracts last year, they may have missed a paycheck.

I read your response in another thread opie, and although Huds might be getting more money in the KHL, it is not guarenteed, this league has already failed to pay players and has yet to prove that they can be a succesful league. A 4 year 15 million contract there could be a 1 year contract for 2.5 million realistically if the league defaults or flops.

Its a huge risk to take the big defaultable money over the not as big but still big guarenteed money.

True, very true, and if the poster I was responding to had worded it this way I would not have even posted.

However claiming Hudler is playing childish games is absurd, I am sure the missing pay checks are something in his mind he is dealing with, but to claim it is childish, Puh-lease!

This is very similar (watch out for the nerve I am about to strike) Fed's Carolina deal.

He was contemplating what was best for him, he thought Carolina, the Wings thought not!

*I have never begrudged nor will I ever begrudge Feds for leaving! My only debates about him on here are his worth in coming back and his HOF status. Never leaving!

Reports are saying the TSN story (at least the numbers) are false.

Yeah, I heard that Mlive was saying it was a much more lucrative contract but i have to say .... TSN is almost always right and they usually do not post anything until they are sure.

In saying that, this can't be right....2 mill to play in the KHL? C'me on now!

Yes, last year the KHL was forced to slash salaries 5-20% depending on their value in order to operate http://www.ontheforecheck.com/2009/4/8/826...slash-contracts lets assume the contract is 4 years 20 million, and this occurs again...it is now 4 years 16 million...then lets say it happens again the next year since the economy got worse again...its now 1 year 4 million 3 yr 10 million...

A KHL contract is not what it may seem to be...

True, very true, and if the poster I was responding to had worded it this way I would not have even posted.

However claiming Hudler is playing childish games is absurd, I am sure the missing pay checks are something in his mind he is dealing with, but to claim it is childish, Puh-lease!

This is very similar (watch out for the nerve I am about to strike) Fed's Carolina deal.

He was contemplating what was best for him, he thought Carolina, the Wings thought not!

*I have never begrudged nor will I ever begrudge Feds for leaving! My only debates about him on here are his worth in coming back and his HOF status. Never leaving!

I wouldn't call it childish either. But the fact that he bolts 3 days after filing for arbitration is definitely something to be pissed about.

I wouldn't call it childish either. But the fact that he bolts 3 days after filing for arbitration is definitely something to be pissed about.

Again very very ture, but maybe the offer didn't come until Dynamo heard he filed for arbitration and they thought, s*** here is our chance!

I know less about this than you probably do, but just saying he is not being childish, which you and I agree on, well apparently we have agreed on just about everything, but there are a ton of extenuation circumstances in this deal some brought up in this thread and then some we have no clue about.

Maybe they promised a family member or loved one a job, told him his best friend from Czech can come on the team as well, (Hossa Kopy) who knows.

Very surprised when I read this a couple minutes ago. I guess we are going to get more bigger and gritty afterall, but damn, we dont get anything for compensation, thats the s***ty part.

Yeah - that is the worst part of it. He is worth a late first rounder or early second round pick easy... You have to wonder if part of this is payback for the limited role he got on the ice the last few years. If he wanted out of Detroit he could have just quietly asked for a trade before the draft. They could have gotten something for him.

No wonder russians and eastern euros are going later and later in the draft.

So we get to look forward to Tatar doing this as well?

Honestly -- Datsyuk, Radulov and Hudler did not strike me as the types to pull this... but these agents are getting pretty well-versed in using the KHL to their advantage.

Guest E_S_A_D
Funny, a week ago everyone was sayin Hossa or Sammy and Hudler. Now we don't have any of them. :(

Don't worry, all the fans here with the extreme love for Holland will soon say 'he's a genius, he'll pull a blockbuster!' Right.... Holland was a bit too busy this year with his fat contract from Illitch exploring the golf courses and tennis matches, rather than GM'ing the Red Wings.

That's no joke either. :ranting:

Guest E_S_A_D

See ya Jiri, I love this move... get out of here, maybe get a guy that can check and play some physical offense.

Hudler On Why He Signed With Dynamo Moscow

Blog: KK Hockey By Paul

07/08/09 at 01:54 PM ET | Comments (1)

Thanks to a KK friend Roman for the translation of Hudler’s press conference…

In Detroit there is wasn’t place for me and I didn’t want to go to another club. So i didn’t ask for a trade. Then came Dynamo with their offer.

I started thinking about it and decided to go to Russia. It was tough but this is not a question of life or death. It is only hockey.

The KHL is good league. I should be one of the key players so it could help me in my career. I don’t think I will close the door to NHL. I am young and there are still 13 years until the end of my career. I want my career to be more colorful.

Hudler did say it is the most lucrative contract of his career and in two years he could return to the NHL.

He also said many people will question the move and he thought about it too before deciding to sign with Dynamo Moscow.

On a side note, Dynamo contacted him two years ago about joining them and he said he could not leave Detroit without winning the Stanley Cup.

note: you can follow this story in a previous KK post from this morning.

Don't worry, all the fans here with the extreme love for Holland will soon say 'he's a genius, he'll pull a blockbuster!' Right.... Holland was a bit too busy this year with his fat contract from Illitch exploring the golf courses and tennis matches, rather than GM'ing the Red Wings.

That's no joke either. :ranting:

Do you hang out with Ken Holland every day and check who he's talked to and what was said? Guys are leaving for more money than the Wings could afford or were willing to pay, and Hudler's tax free, and all of a sudden he's off doing nothing. Give me a break. Damn people are spoiled.

Edited by StevieY9802