• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

egroen

Holland confirms that Hudler will play in KHL

Rate this topic

Holland already offered him a deal at 2.5 million a year and Hudler balked at it. Also you have to take into consideration that the KHL pays their players tax free.

Won't do them any good once that league collapses under political pressures. If the government in Russia doesn't want to get their fingers wet in the cash the KHL has then the mob will... not that there is much differenve between gov't and mafia in Russia.

From what I've read it's a "safety contract" in case he can't get something agreeable with the Wings.

I hope it's just a rumour or some BS from the Russian club based on their having talked to him (wouldn't be the first time that's happened).

If this turns out to be true I've lost some respect for Hudler.

From what I've read it's a "safety contract" in case he can't get something agreeable with the Wings.

I hope it's just a rumour or some BS from the Russian club based on their having talked to him (wouldn't be the first time that's happened).

If this turns out to be true I've lost some respect for Hudler.

I am sure if you were put in the same situation, and you made a decision that was right for you, would you care what someone on an internet forum thought of you?

Besides, I fail to see how you should lose respect for this. He isn't holding out. He isn't under contract right now. He isn't abusing 8 year old kids.

Meh, some people take this crap too seriously.

It was one thing when the Wings were going through all their s*&t with Fedorov...he was a Hart Trophy winner for crying out loud....

...don't get me wrong, I've liked Jiri, but this is BS. This is not how Red Wings behave, especially Red Wings who know they are role players and not stars. Let this little f'er walk. Call his bluff Kenny, bring up another youngin' and save money for the trade deadline and/or next July.

$2m - and only one year?

Strange negotiating tactics.

Kenny and Huds sat down and here is how it went

Kenny: Listen man, I got 1.5 for you this year, next year I can give you three.

Huds: Hmm can I play in GR until next year?

Kenny: No way man I will lose you through Waivers!

Huds: What about KHL, I make money, save you money this year, and worse case scenario I come back next year and understand something Datsyuk says to me!

Kenny: Winner, winner, CHICKEN DINNER!

Could this be more for leverage against a sign and trade scenario if the Wings decided to move him to a crappy team? How many teams are going to be willing to work out a deal for Hudler knowing he has a contract in Russia that he has to opt out of...

Edited by Glubki

I am really hating this off-season. A lot. <_<

Jiri, love you, sweetie. Good luck in Russia, you will find out very quickly how good you had it in Detroit. I hope he and Kenny get things ironed out, of course. I would miss that little hobbit.

I am really hating this off-season. A lot. <_<

Our best chance to win a Stanley Cup was last year.

Lose Hasek and Drake

Pick up Conklin and Hossa

You want to talk about a loaded team we had last season. Alas, it wasn't meant to be.

Maybe the Wings need a shakeup.

so basically the wings are stashing huds over in russia for a year until some contracts are off the books and they can pay him market price (2.5-3M range). I really like this idea cause I would be sad to see huds go to another team. Plus now kenny can focus on the roster for next year not having to worry about huds

win win if you ask me

Kenny and Huds sat down and here is how it went

Kenny: Listen man, I got 1.5 for you this year, next year I can give you three.

Huds: Hmm can I play in GR until next year?

Kenny: No way man I will lose you through Waivers!

Huds: What about KHL, I make money, save you money this year, and worse case scenario I come back next year and understand something Datsyuk says to me!

Kenny: Winner, winner, CHICKEN DINNER!

:hysterical:

So Holland says "he'd be taking a lot less money to stay in the NHL" and TSN reports the deal as 2mil.

If all is true, I'd say that Kenny has other plans if he isn't even offering Huds 2mil.

Gonna be interesting...

Our best chance to win a Stanley Cup was last year.

Lose Hasek and Drake

Pick up Conklin and Hossa

You want to talk about a loaded team we had last season. Alas, it wasn't meant to be.

Maybe the Wings need a shakeup.

What kind of shakeup? They have a good core group with Hank, Pavel, Fil, Cleary and Franzen up front with Helm and Leino coming up and Abby soon to be. That's a good group to build around.

I don't get it 1 yr 2.0 million, why not sign the exact same contract with Detroit...

Yea the numbers aren't adding up. Something is going on. Lets hope we hear something soon.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/

Red Wings general manager Ken Holland said there's a real possibility that forward Jiri Hudler will play in Russia next season if he accepts an offer from Moscow Dynamo of the Kontinental Hockey League.

Reports out of the Czech Republic indicate Hudler has signed a two-year deal with Dynamo. There is some uncertainty, however, if this is his just his Plan B if he is not satisfied with whatever deal he gets from the Wings.

"It's a real possibility he's going to take this (Russian) offer,'' Holland said. "He'd be taking a lot less money to stay in the NHL.''

What's confusing is that Hudler filed for arbitration on Sunday, indicating a strong desire to get a deal done with Detroit.

Holland said he not yet heard back from Hudler's North American agent, Petr Svoboda, but that if reports that Hudler had signed the Russian deal are true he would "go on the assumption that he's gone.''

Holland said Svoboda told him on Monday of the Russian offer. Holland and coach Mike Babcock spoke with Hudler on Tuesday. Holland said Hudler gave him no indication about what he was going to do.

The Wings have a long-term offer on the table to Hudler, who earned $1.15 million last season. Svoboda told Holland the Wings' offer was a good one. But it can't come close to matching Dynamo's offer, which is worth significantly more than the $2 million a year TSN is reporting. Plus, it's tax-free and heavily front-loaded.

Hudler apparently is torn and confused. He wants to stay in Detroit, but the Russian offer is a lot of money to turn down.

Guest mindfly
Jiri Hudler agrees to contract with Russian team, Red Wings believe he might be gone

by Ansar Khan

Wednesday July 08, 2009, 11:33 AM

Red Wings general manager Ken Holland said there's a real possibility that forward Jiri Hudler will play in Russia next season if he accepts an offer from Moscow Dynamo of the Kontinental Hockey League.

Reports out of the Czech Republic indicate Hudler has signed a two-year deal with Dynamo. There is some uncertainty, however, if this is his just his Plan B if he is not satisfied with whatever deal he gets from the Wings.

"It's a real possibility he's going to take this (Russian) offer,'' Holland said. "He'd be taking a lot less money to stay in the NHL.''

What's confusing is that Hudler filed for arbitration on Sunday, indicating a strong desire to get a deal done with Detroit.

Holland said he not yet heard back from Hudler's North American agent, Petr Svoboda, but that if reports that Hudler had signed the Russian deal are true he would "go on the assumption that he's gone.''

Holland said Svoboda told him on Monday of the Russian offer. Holland and coach Mike Babcock spoke with Hudler on Tuesday. Holland said Hudler gave him no indication about what he was going to do.

The Wings have a long-term offer on the table to Hudler, who earned $1.15 million last season. Svoboda told Holland the Wings' offer was a good one. But it can't come close to matching Dynamo's offer, which is worth significantly more than the $2 million a year TSN is reporting. Plus, it's tax-free and heavily front-loaded.

Hudler apparently is torn and confused. He wants to stay in Detroit, but the Russian offer is a lot of money to turn down.

Byebye Huds

Yea the numbers aren't adding up. Something is going on. Lets hope we hear something soon.

the mlive article was just posted above so that makes more sense. Khan saying it's worth more than what TSN is reporting.