• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
CenterIce

NHL's top Canadian players

Rate this topic

Well who else was it going to be? As things stand, Crosby is the best Canadian player in the NHL.

The one thing that does bug me is how they say that he played like a man possessed in the post-season. In the final round, Zetterberg once again showed the world that when it comes to hounding and shutting down superstars, he is the top dog.

While I think Luongo is overrated, Fleury over him (or Pronger, Getzlaf, Nash, Thornton, Lecavalier, etc...) is a joke. Surprised not to see Talbot on there :rolleyes:

Edited by egroen

All time wins leader only number 2 among active Canadians???

That's the tricky thing - do you take into account how they've played over their entire careers, or how they're playing now? Let's face it, Brodeur didn't have a great post-season...

Top 10 Canadian players does not look strong compared to previous years... Oh, wait their choice does not look great. Getzlaf at 6th place? Thornton at 9th place? Are you kidding me? Who added Fleury there? Why not to add J. Staal, T. Kennedy, and C. Kunitz and Talbot there then?

lol Fluery at 4th is a joke. He's not even a top 10 goalie in the NHL, has choked in the playoffs every where he's played, finally wins something and is now better then Getzlaf, Lecavalier, Thornton, and friggin Luongo? Like, did a Canadian writer even pick this?

Fluery might be the 4th best Canadian goalie...maybe. He shouldn't even be near this list. Eric Staal, Spezza, Carter...I'm sure I could come up with more if I looked at a list to see who all the Canadians are.

Guest Four

4. Marc-Andre Fleury, G, Pittsburgh -- Without Fleury in goal for Games 6 and 7 of the Stanley Cup Final, the Penguins might not be spending their summer with the greatest trophy in sports. Fleury allowed just two goals and stopped 48 of 50 shots over those final two games against Detroit. He went 35-18-7 with a 2.67 GAA and a .912 save percentage in 62 regular-season games.

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Clearly a failed top 10

Fleury at 4th rotflmmfao

Oh man you can just tell the Cdn media has been waiting, just waiting for this guy to win something so they can jump aboard. If you don't live here you don't see it as much maybe, but our media here loves the smell of our own s***. Most have a subtle biggoted undertone to their opinions while others just flat out say it(Clarke, Cherry). We will take any opportunity to lunge at the balls of anyone from our country and spit on anyone who opposes us, which to me would actually be more alright if we weren't so phony about it. We put on this facade, this show like we're the neutral ones. We also have a sickening attitude like "well we're Canada, so you don't worry your little heads about opinions, we'll tell you what to think". Incredibly condescending. The only ones I can stomach are Ron Mclean, who dare not even speak out of turn when Overlord Cherry is around, and Kelly Hrudey, who knows the game and speaks his mind more honestly and intelligently than the rest of the CBC cast, along with the whole staff of ESPN combined.

So Fleury at 4th doesn't at all surprise me. The officials had been helping Pitt since before the playoffs even began and were going to until they won so I'm cautious as to which Pens I credit with much. Fleury to me, did sweet f*** all for them. He's your typical french Canadian goalie. Choke but make enough super flashy cool looking acrobat saves to keep people thinking you're great. Roy was the only one worth a s***. Fleury is a joke and a half. Guy sucks the whole playoffs, gets a free cup courtesy of Sid's real biological father and suddenly he's better than Luongo? Better than Getzlaf? Better than Pronger? GTFO.

As sad as this is, it doesn't shock me. But he's to me, not even top 10. Fleury needs to send a bouquet of "thank-you" flowers to Hal Gill and every other Pitt defenseman who held, clutched, grabbed and interfered with our forwards all series long, and then those Dman need to forward it all to the NHL head of officials and Gary Bettman.

Edited by numberthirtynine

Oh and if anyone on the face of the planet thinks fleury is better than Osgood, you're out of your f***in mind.

He isnt better then Ozzie, dirty ole Giguere, Turco, Ward, hell I'd take Biron over Fleury because of his toughness.

I honestly believe Mike Richards is a Top 10 Canadian player, a hell of alot more deserving then Fleury.

I don't know... I'm so biased in my dislike for Crosby, that when I try to be fair I may consider him better than he is...

Getzlaf almost single-handedly took us out of the playoffs, Crosby was shutdown by Zetterberg and was a none factor in the finals, Getzlaf was not shutdown and until his injury was unstoppable. If Getzlaf stayed healthy the Ducks would most likely be the Cup champions not s***tsburg, imo of course. Which i would have much prefered.

Getzlaf > Crosby

My sentements exactly, although was going to say Getzlaf > Iginla as Crosby, for all his downfalls, is a great player. Plus with Brodeur its tough to put a goalie over any other player even if he is better. Just the way it goes I'm afriad.

I'm not even going to say anything about Fleury I thinkk everyone here has already said exactly what I was thinking. I'm not sure Thorton should be there, in my opinion Eric Staal is a better player then Thorton and both play a similiar game. Whoever it was that mentioned Mike Richards earlier I'm not sure about yet but in a year or two I'm sure you'll see him here on this list. I could try to make an argument for Brendan Morrow because of how complete a player he is but I don't think he quite cracks the list.

So should we discount the articles that claimed Nick and Z are 1 and 2 for the Tre Kronor as well as the one that hailed Dangle Dangle as #2 for Mother Russia?

After that Canadian list I'm not sure what to believe anymore.