• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
fill-a-pulla

Hudler re-signed?

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

I'd rather have had someone else for that price, truth be told. Hudler is extremely one-dimensional, and there's the risk that he'll resent not having been freed to go to the KHL. Then again, perhaps he didn't want to haul his ass all the way to Russia regardless.

I took another look at the source article. NOTHING states that he's staying with the team, in fact the title is "Move From Detroit to Moscow". I guarantee that amount (awesome amount btw) is just the amount the Wings will pay if and when Huds ever comes back to the NHL.

Pretty sure that means hes still going to the KHL.

If he were to come back this year would he even fit under the cap if we were to move ledba or meech?

If Lils stays on injured reserve and we send Abs back to GR, I think we have somewhere between 3.5 - 4 mil in cap space.

He was awarded a 2 year $5 million dollar contract by an arbitrator.

He is saying that he agreed on a 2 year $5.5 million dollar contract so that when/if he gets back from the KHL he wants to be paid 5.5 instead of 5.

That's my take on this.

Agree?

If Lils stays on injured reserve and we send Abs back to GR, I think we have somewhere between 3.5 - 4 mil in cap space.

Not sure about that. Ericcson and Lils make nearly the same amount of money, so losing Lils doesn't really free up any space. I was under the impression the Wings had around 2.5 million to sign two forwards. Hudler 2 years from now at 2.25 will be a steal, but right now the Wings need some decent, grind type players for the 3rd and 4th lines. Maltby, Draper were major liabilities last season, but did OK in the play-offs.

I said this last year and I'll say it again. The Wings need new blood outside the system. Wings had too many guys from the Cup winning team to win it again. It's not just about quality players, sometimes you need a fresh, new line-up, 2 or 3 guys just to give the line-up a boost. No matter what the Wings do this season, they'll be at least top 4 in the West, but we'll have to wait a few years until Homer, Maltby, Osgood, and Draper all retire before we got a real chance at the cup. Few teams have such stagnant rosters year to year. And few teams have a complete wash for a 4th line. I mean seriously. Either you have a young first line as back-up offense, or a grind type line. Our 4th line is nothing. Can't score, can't play D, can't grind. That's a huge reason we lost last season. And all due respect Draper and Maltby, the 4th line was more or less useless. Maybe if you have a new guy between them, even that. But that Kopetsky, Draper, Maltby line made me cringe.

He was awarded a 2 year $5 million dollar contract by an arbitrator.

He is saying that he agreed on a 2 year $5.5 million dollar contract so that when/if he gets back from the KHL he wants to be paid 5.5 instead of 5.

That's my take on this.

Agree?

Are you referring to the false information (2 years, $5 million) in the Sportsnet.ca article?

Hudler is going to the KHL for 2 years, then is obligated to the Wings when and if he decides to come back to the NHL for 2 years at 2.75 per year. My question is if Hudler is injured in the next 2 years and his play sinks and he wants to come back to the NHL are the Wings obligated to pay him for 2 years??????

Hudler is going to the KHL for 2 years, then is obligated to the Wings when and if he decides to come back to the NHL for 2 years at 2.75 per year. My question is if Hudler is injured in the next 2 years and his play sinks and he wants to come back to the NHL are the Wings obligated to pay him for 2 years??????

They can decline the offer and let him become a UFA, I do believe.