• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

40#1Fan

Patrick Kane Arrested

Rate this topic

This is quite the off-season for Chicago.

Nice setup for a hollywood ending: "As everybody knows, we had a real tough off-season. But we stuck together, stayed as a team and now what can you say? We're the champs."

This is quite the off-season for Chicago.

Nice setup for a hollywood ending: "As everybody knows, we had a real tough off-season. But we stuck together, stayed as a team and now what can you say? We're the champs."

puke.

Guest Shoreline
But in all fairness it's only one side of the story.

Which is all some people need.

From Buffalo News :

At that point, Patrick Kane "punched me in the head. He says, 'You don't know who you're [messing] with! You don't know who you're [messing] with, [expletive]!' And he kept pounding and pounding on me," the driver said.

That is classic!!!

A sports writer who gets it; from Chicago Tribune :

As for the Hawks, maybe this is an opportunity to tone down some of the circus-is-coming publicity with which they have scorched the Chicago area. At times, it has been as over the top as a bearded lady. It only seems as if Kane and Jonathan Toews, the Hawks' other young star, have made more public appearances than they have played hockey games.

The Hawks can't try to sell themselves as one thing and then act another way in real life. How about this revolutionary thought: Just focus on winning.

Which is all some people need.

Sure, save one problem. Cabs (at least all I've seen from small towns to big cities) all have driver cameras. This is on film- you can't seriously think they'd press charges without that?

Guest Shoreline
Sure, save one problem. Cabs (at least all I've seen from small towns to big cities) all have driver cameras. This is on film- you can't seriously think they'd press charges without that?

I've read three articles on this situation and none mention cameras. That would be quite relevant to the situation and assuredly no lawyer would be dumb enough to advise his client enter a not-guilty plea knowing there's a camera in the cab.

I have read over 8 pages of this topic, and seen posters jump to conclusions without knowing what actually happened, even gone so far as to cry over seeing the cab driver's picture. Seriously, what the f***? It's not that I doubt he was hit, but we don't even know WHY, except for what the cab driver told people. Citizens can be arrested and booked out of being finger-pointed by someone and a person having a bruise on their face. People assume that's some measure of guilt because he was arrested, they reacted to hearing one side of the story, and I'm wondering if I'm the only sane person here.

Edited by Shoreline

i agree with innocent until proven guilty and all... but the fact that the kanes STILL have not commented seems to indicate guilt, IMO. Usually when there IS some other detail in a case like this, the accused would make every effort to release a statement "i intend to fight these accusations, im not that type of person, etc." The silence for over a day doesnt look good on Kane's part.

Unless the cab driver is completely 100% lying, there is no real way i see Kane coming out of this looking good. So dont get on people for 'jumping to conclusions', as this isnt only from the cab driver, there have also been statements by the police confirming the incident as well.

Its hard to judge both sides of the story, when one side is declining to comment on the issue.

Guest Shoreline
i agree with innocent until proven guilty and all... but the fact that the kanes STILL have not commented seems to indicate guilt, IMO. Usually when there IS some other detail in a case like this, the accused would make every effort to release a statement "i intend to fight these accusations, im not that type of person, etc." The silence for over a day doesnt look good on Kane's part.

Unless the cab driver is completely 100% lying, there is no real way i see Kane coming out of this looking good. So dont get on people for 'jumping to conclusions', as this isnt only from the cab driver, there have also been statements by the police confirming the incident as well.

Its hard to judge both sides of the story, when one side is declining to comment on the issue.

He's already guilty in the court of public opinion, so yeah, it doesn't matter what happens now.

And for legal reasons, obviously the accused tends to, 99% of the time, not comment. Eventually he'll release a statement, and f***, perhaps he is guilty, but my problem is how reactionary people are to jump on the stupid bandwagon. I guess I was the only one who learned from the MJ/OJ theater involving public opinion and court.

Edited by Shoreline

He's already guilty in the court of public opinion, so yeah, it doesn't matter what happens now.

And for legal reasons, obviously the accused tends to, 99% of the time, not comment. Eventually he'll release a statement, and f***, perhaps he is guilty, but my problem is how reactionary people are to jump on the stupid bandwagon. I guess I was the only one who learned from the MJ/OJ theater involving public opinion and court.

You're not alone. My mind was similarly blown a couple pages back. It's truly disheartening to think of the profound lack of rational thought in this thread.

The fact is none of this matters. Whether Kane did it or not we'll never know because IF anyone gets convicted of anything (which I doubt, it'll most likely be settled out of court) it'll be his cousin since he'll take the fall for it so Kane can save face. At least I'm sure that's what the lawyer's advice will be.

Either way, I'll bet that cabbie always keeps plenty of change in his car from now on.

Edited by Tommy_Like_Wingy

There are three sides to every story...yours, mine and the truth.

I'm sure the cabbie was being nothing but cordial and respectful both to the Kane's and the other drivers on the road - he was the paragon of cab drivers to the point where he was a defacto limo driver, politely answering any questions and keeping to himself when not specifically addressed. When the destination was reached he humbly asked for the fare, but - alas - moments before picking up the Kane's he gave all his spare change to the nuns and didn't have the 20 cents. Perhaps the cabbie offered to only charge $13 dollars and give a full $2 change to Kane's at his own expense, despite his having to work 3 jobs to support his pregnant wife, 5 kids and mother-in-law in a one bedroom apartment while getting his doctorate in "Third World Children's Charities" at Harvard. But the evil Kane's were offended by the drivers implication that they couldn't afford this pittance and were insulted to the point where they didn't want to tip him at all because of his cheeky-ness. The cabbie woefully told the tale of the 3 jobs etc. etc. but the Kane's merely let out manical, Joker-esque laughs and set upon him whooping it up and cackling deviously the entire time.

So...er...let's wait until the whole story plays out before the speculation gets too out of control. But, of course, it's too late for that.

Edited by Silent Hill

Somehow, regardless of the outcome, there will be a "Give 20 cents to Patrick Kane" display in every opposing rink this year. OK, maybe only outside the rink. Can you imagine the on-ice chatter this year? Maybe Pavs can teach Kane how to say "20 cents" in Russian or Z in Swedish. We know Franzen already showed him what happens when mouth-guards are chewed on a little too often.