• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Chelios57

New USA Hockey Jerseys Unveiled

Rate this topic

Is that really the best they could due? Come on, it's the olympics. The Canadian jersey is just awesome compared to these.

I pull for both teams, being that I am a canadian living in the U.S.

The IOC really tied everyones hands this time around.

Someone got paid to make those? Hell, I could slap a Maple Leaf on a Wings jersey instead of the Winged Wheel, and accomplish for Canada the exact same thing that Nike did for the USA on that "third" jersey...

I like that Nike tried to stay traditional with these, but I gotta say I'm a bit disappointed. The blue jerseys need stripes on the arms, not to mention that I'm a bit leery of this "We The People" design they're incorporating. If they make that part of the hockey jersey like they did the basketball jerseys from the '08 games... *shudders*

And what's the deal with the blue shoulder piece on the normal white jersey? Am I the only one who thinks that part looks horrible? (by "normal", I mean the non-NYR-ripoff).

IMO, these are very disappointing for me.

Guest Four
Funny thing is, I've heard complaints that the Canada jerseys are just maple leafs slapped onto Coyotes kit.

pheonix.gif

vs

71334.jpg

Funny thing is, I've heard complaints that the Canada jerseys are just maple leafs slapped onto Coyotes kit.

They're close, I'll give you that. But they're different enough, in enough ways, that they don't seem to be a direct rip off. The new generation of Coyotes jerseys ('03-current) has had 2 different incarnations.

Coyotes08.png

and

Coyotes11.png

I suppose if you took an amalgam of the 2 white jerseys (red shoulder panels, and the stripes along the hips and sleeves), then it would look fairly close to the new Canada jerseys. Same can be said of the red jerseys too. But the differences in the stripes, and the differences in the colors of the red (Phoenix's looks much more maroon to me, whereas the Canada jersey looks a bit lighter. But that could be just my opinion of the color...)

But if you ask me which one is more of a copy, the USA 3rd from the Rangers jerseys, or the Canada jerseys from Phoenix, it's not even close. USA wins that competition hands down.

Guest Four
They're close, I'll give you that. But they're different enough, in enough ways, that they don't seem to be a direct rip off. The new generation of Coyotes jerseys ('03-current) has had 2 different incarnations.

Coyotes08.png

and

Coyotes11.png

I suppose if you took an amalgam of the 2 white jerseys (red shoulder panels, and the stripes along the hips and sleeves), then it would look fairly close to the new Canada jerseys. Same can be said of the red jerseys too. But the differences in the stripes, and the differences in the colors of the red (Phoenix's looks much more maroon to me, whereas the Canada jersey looks a bit lighter. But that could be just my opinion of the color...)

But if you ask me which one is more of a copy, the USA 3rd from the Rangers jerseys, or the Canada jerseys from Phoenix, it's not even close. USA wins that competition hands down.

No one would even notice if I took the concept drawing of the Rangers jersey and put the USA instead. They'd actually think it's the concept drawing of the USA jersey it's so close :P

Great way to celebrate 30 years. I'm obviously not going for the Americans, but I do look forward to just watching these young skilled American kids play with each other.

I hate them. I understand the "Ohhhh vintage" look, but make the vintage look the third jersey. Instead we have boring uniforms with USA in boring font. And for the third jersey, we look like the freaking NYR. No imagination.

It was like someone said,

"Hey, who in the NHL has red, white and blue jerseys?"

"Ohhh I know. The Rangers!"

"Perfect!"

Edited by xtrememachine1

Is that really the best they could due? Come on, it's the olympics. The Canadian jersey is just awesome compared to these.

I pull for both teams, being that I am a canadian living in the U.S.

The IOC really tied everyones hands this time around.

Agreed 100%

I wonder how much it's going to hurt the style of Sweden's jersey...