• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Heaton

Franzen out 4 months with torn ACL

Rate this topic

Wow, poor Franzen....what a blow! We already lost enough goal scoring in the offseason....and now this? I wonder what sort of move Kenny Holland will make....the lineup doesn't seem sufficient without Franzen for 4 months.

Question can they put hime on Injured reserve for the season and pick someone up in his spot like they do in football

More or less yes, once Franzen is of the Long Term Injury Reserve/ LTIR aka The IR, they need to get back under the cap.

Horrible news.

The biggest knock on Franzen is his health, since there always seems to be something wrong with him. The guy is made of glass. It'll be tough winning the division even with him healthy, but now this makes matters worse.

Only 3 games into the season, and we're picking up right where we left off in the playoffs with injuries.

Normally I'd agree, but this isn't one of those light knocks that shatters a piece of glass, this was like a boulder being thrown at a sheet of glass. This would have taken anyone out.

It's okay, we have Brad May to make up the goal scoring.

Actually, signing May sounds more genius since now Detroit can't exactly out skill their opponent every single game anymore.

Congrats, an enforcer may just influence the team a bit.

And do what now with Shanny when the mule returns?

Leave him. It'd be a battle between Draper, Shanny and Maltby for a spot. With all of them nearing the end, it couldnt hurt. 14 points in 34 games on the 3rd/4th line isnt bad, and Brent Sutter praised him alot, the only reason the Devils put him on waivers wasthey wanted quicker, less talented guys on he 3rd and 4th lines. (What's new Jacques Lemaire) It is a fit, but I wouldnt put any stock in it, dont wanna be disappointed.

Guest E_S_A_D

That's really bad news... Must be the most frustrating thing for a player; make it through preseason and in the first week of 'real' hockey blow out a knee.

These are such unfortunate injuries, I hope we can at least see him by the Playoffs. These are slow going injuries. Very unfortunate, I'm sorry to hear it.

Abdelkader will be back up until Helm is healthy and that means May just solidified the 4th line.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hmmm, this is bad news short term for the wings, but overall I think the rest may do him some good. Better now then in April. Ive come to the realisation that this year is going to be a down year (by our standards) for the Wings, though I still think the 6th seed is the absoloutue lowest the Wings will fall when its all said and done. Once he comes back though and shakes off the rest, Franze will be fresh again. This very well could turn into a blessing in disguise come playoff time. Poor guy needed some rest.

Guest mindfly

A freakin torn ACL... and we didnt even notice it... torn ACL's and the player cant even walk properly... this is very weird