• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
j.hoop

questions about phoenixs goals last night

Rate this topic

i was at the game, but both goals were scored in the far end from us. the first one was so obviously a high stick from where we were, what did it look like on slow mo review? i was wondering if someone had constructed that photo of the angle of stick, similar to the ducks one. the second appeared to be a goal mouth scramble, but it looked like ozzie had the puck and it was simply hammered loose with no whistle. would appreciate some insight on these, not looking to start a problem thread either. i just cant bring myself to watch the highlights.

1. First goal wasn't a high stick. His stick blade wasn't even above the bar when he tipped it in.

2. Kronwall and Lebda were pushing the Phoenix player into Osgood. Cleary scored in similar fashion during the playoffs last year.

Nothing wrong with either call. And im sure Osgood would have prefered to just make the stop instead of having his own defenseman pushing players into him.

First goal looked like a high stick, but he didn't make contact until the stick was lower then the net.

And the second goal was a loose puck in the crease that Osgood didn't cover, the referee had a unobstructed view of the puck and didn't blow the whistle. It was a call that could of gone either way, but having Datsyuk/Lebda moving the Phoenix player into the net really hurts any case of a blown call in my opinion.

i was at the game, but both goals were scored in the far end from us. the first one was so obviously a high stick from where we were, what did it look like on slow mo review? i was wondering if someone had constructed that photo of the angle of stick, similar to the ducks one. the second appeared to be a goal mouth scramble, but it looked like ozzie had the puck and it was simply hammered loose with no whistle. would appreciate some insight on these, not looking to start a problem thread either. i just cant bring myself to watch the highlights.

1st was legit, no problem.

2nd is going to be entirely subjective as it's not completely black/white, and being Wings fans most will probably be biased towards disallowing the goal. Part of me thinks that as well, but like instant replay on football when there's no irrefutable evidence to possibly overturn a call, you got to stick to your original guess, even if the guess/play "looks" wrong.

First goal wasn't a high stick...

I don't know where you guys are getting that the puck was loose, but on each replay it disappeared completely under Osgood's pads for a second and there was no whistle. Even if the referee didn't see that the puck was frozen, he must have lost sight of it, because it wasn't loose from any angle I saw. Bad non-call.

ah ok , thanks for the replies. i couldnt see where the stick made contact, only that he swung the stick down. the whole presentation at jobing.com is terrible, hence why we knew nothing about the goals.

First goal wasn't a high stick...

I don't know where you guys are getting that the puck was loose, but on each replay it disappeared completely under Osgood's pads for a second and there was no whistle. Even if the referee didn't see that the puck was frozen, he must have lost sight of it, because it wasn't loose from any angle I saw. Bad non-call.

Just watched the game's replay and the puck bounced on Ozzie and then stayed in front of his left pad before the puck and him were pushed in, both were legit goals.

1st goal, i felt like the stick hit just above the crossbar, but wasn't complaining. 2nd goal I felt like the whistle SHOULD have been called, other than that it was legit.

Can't do much about it, Phoenix grinded it out with one of the best. Props for them.

Just watched the game's replay and the puck bounced on Ozzie and then stayed in front of his left pad before the puck and him were pushed in, both were legit goals.

Well I don't know what else to say, I'm watching the same replays as you, and the puck is clearly hidden underneath Ozzie's pad for nearly a full second before it's jarred loose. I can't detect it anywhere on the ice from when he stops the sharp angle pass to when he gets shoved into the net.

First goal, legit as they come.

Second goal...ehhh I'm not so sure. You could make a couple arguements either way here. When the ref lost sight, why wasn't the whistle blown? On second thought, DID the ref even lose sight? Just cus we couldn't see it from our angles doesn't mean the man standing 2 feet away didn't see it somehow.

Also, Was ozzie pushed in along with the puck? Yes I believe he was, but again we had dats and lebs pushing the yotes players at him so that could go either way.

Last, at first they thought the puck may have been kicked in because prucha I believe was in fact making several kicking motions at ozzie's pad/the puck, but again there's no clear view on the replay to say whether he actually kicked it in or not.

The call on the 2nd goal could have gone either way but IMHO the refs made the right call on that one. It was a tough call. The ONLY valid argument I could bring is that IF HE lost sight of the puck it shoulda been whistled. But we don't know if he still saw it down there or not.

The OT goal....ozzie shoulda had that. There's absolutely NO EXCUSE to miss that save. You could tell ozzie was a bit pissed (at him self or the refs? who knows?) for that 2nd goal, and I think it broke his concentration because up til that point in the game he played lights out. Either way you look at it, the only softie ozzie gave up cost us the game unfortunately.

Both Phx goals were garbage goals. . . but they counted and kept them int he game enough to get the extra point in OT.

This piss-poor start is very frustrating. I expected to see better hockey from Detroit this year, but their game is dull. It's as if teams that play us know there will be a lapse in concentration and they can climb back in at any time. The mystery surrounding Detroit and how good they are (were) has disappeared.

If I'm correct, Wings were outshot, outhit, and lost the face-off battle.

Well I don't know what else to say, I'm watching the same replays as you, and the puck is clearly hidden underneath Ozzie's pad for nearly a full second before it's jarred loose. I can't detect it anywhere on the ice from when he stops the sharp angle pass to when he gets shoved into the net.

I have to agree with you from what I saw. Not saying the goal should've been disallowed or allowed, but I couldn't find the puck either. I could see it between ozzie's knees, then it disappeared for a moment, then it somehow ended up in the left corner of the net. But the ref had a better angle viewing than we did so he could probably see if it was still playable or not, resembling much like the way Cleary scored on Hiller.

The stick at first real time look appeared to be above the shoulder, however, a slow motion look showed the stick to be above the crossbar, but the puck was struck as the stick was coming down from that level. I thought they'd reverse the call, but once I saw the slowmotion replay, I was convinced it was a goal.

The topside view of the second goal showed a loose puck on the replay. The ref appeared to be in good position to make the call.