• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ShanahanMan

Ovechkin Injured in Caps-Jackets Game

Rate this topic

I disagree. Anyways not going to get in a debate in this thread have fun cheering for a winger that will never win a championship, doesn't play defense, and checks people from behind and I'll cheer for a center who is the best playmaker, faceoff man, and was a captain of a Stanley Cup championship team.

wrong, wrong, and you forgot to add first girl to captain a team

I don't delight in any player getting injured, but Ovechkin is just as annoyingly over-hyped as Crosby, and I hate the Capitals style of play. I won't shed a tear; the game doesn't need Ovechkin.

Im right with ya here. I cant stand hearing about Ovechkin or Crosby every freaking second of the day. Gaborik, Lecavalier, Nash, and Kovalchuk are the kind of guys I follow. You dont hear nearly as much about those guys, although Gaborik is becoming quite popular now that he plays for a better team.

Edited by cjm502

Playmaker is debatable i'll give you that. He is up there though.

Face-off man though? 58.1% and highest # of face offs taken in the league.

Crosby is at the very least one of the most complete player in the league and is improving in different area's every year. He needed to improve faceoffs? He did. Improve shoot outs? 4 for 4. Improve defensively? Best forward +/- in the league. Improve shot? 9 goals in 14 games.

Glad you enjoy using 12 year old name calling to support your argument. Know go by biased elsewhere.

Edited by Carman

He's actually getting up there in terms of faceoffs, an area in which he used to be weak. I think he might have been the best last playoffs, but I haven't checked the stats and in terms of this season, he doesn't have the best percentage, but he is top 10 and he is by far the leader in faceoffs won.

I disagree. Anyways not going to get in a debate in this thread have fun cheering for a winger that will never win a championship, doesn't play defense, and checks people from behind and I'll cheer for a center who is the best playmaker, faceoff man, and was a captain of a Stanley Cup championship team.

Give him time. It took years for Yzerman to buy into that system. It will take Ovechkin to do the same.

Give him time. It took years for Yzerman to buy into that system. It will take Ovechkin to do the same.

Don't you dare insult Yzerman by comparing his team commitment to Ovechkin. Yzerman was the youngest captain in the team's history. Ovechkin refuses to take the main leadership role on his team and instead let's a 4th line player be the captain and before anyone says that's not his decision Ovechkin can do practically whatever he wants. I'm hoping he matures and commits himself to playing a more complete game, he certainly has all the physical tools to be one of the greatest players of all time.

Edited by Carman

Blah blah blah, you sound like one of those insecure Penguins' fans. "We'z gotsa da bestestestest playerz in the wholezzz-widezzz-worldzzz and skatedezest thru'z the finalzzzz for the Sternly bowl cup thingy whatch-ma-callit thing".

WHOOP! Penguins won against a depleted and injured Red Wings team. Had the Wings been one man's finger-nail healthier, they'd repeat back-to-back against the healthy Penguins.

But since injuries, favored schedule, non-suspensions and 6 on 4 (too many men) is part of the game, Crosby and the Penguins did steal the cup. My regret is Wings didn't get any of those kinds of breaks.

But keeping an objective view, Crosby isn't nearly as good as Ovi the great. Sorry I'm not as impressed with Crosby... sure he's a good player in his own right, just not the best. Ovechkin will hoist the cup several times in his career and Penguins will fade away like they are known to do...

I don't delight in any player getting injured, but Ovechkin is just as annoyingly over-hyped as Crosby, and I hate the Capitals style of play. I won't shed a tear; the game doesn't need Ovechkin.

Now that Crosby has a cup, the NHL hype machine is working double-time for OV.

Guest Lidstromboli

yeah i wish they would talk about datsyuk and zetterberg more its all bettman's fault imo i hate that weasel

There will always be a crosby VS. Ovie thread whenever u mention one of them. It is a fun conversation to have hehe no matter what your opinion is.

But can you imagine ... the 2 of these guys on the same team? ^^

just in case anyone cared i think Ovie is better of the two hehe.. /sheild

Edited by Duck Guy

Guest CaliWingsNut
Don't you dare insult Yzerman by comparing his team commitment to Ovechkin. Yzerman was the youngest captain in the team's history. Ovechkin refuses to take the main leadership role on his team and instead let's a 4th line player be the captain and before anyone says that's not his decision Ovechkin can do practically whatever he wants. I'm hoping he matures and commits himself to playing a more complete game, he certainly has all the physical tools to be one of the greatest players of all time.

My question to you Carman is that if Sid is really without question as good as you say, then why isn't he automatically taking on the responsibility of captain of Canada's Olympic team? Ovechkin gets to do what he wishes... boohoo... Crosby can't?

Edited by CaliWingsNut

Oddly enough, it WAS his decision. He turned down the captaincy of the Caps because his fluency in English wasn't good enough to communicate effectively as a team captain.

Yes, bring up the best player in the game in an Ovechkin thread. What's the point of that? People's jealously of Crosby is hilarious to me.

This thread is about the best player in the game......... Ovechkin

This thread is about the best player in the game......... Ovechkin

It was a sarcastic comment to someone bringing up Crosby negatively in a Ovechkin thread. Although I disagree that a winger is the best player in the game, this isn't a thread to have that discussion.

Guest CaliWingsNut
ovechkin isn't the highest paid player

I apoligise I forgot about Lecav... I do that alot.

Funny... why's he never on the NHL.com page? He must be a great player to be earning more than Sidney!

Edited by CaliWingsNut

carman its so easy for you to jump on people for having a biased view against crosby, and yet your views on ovechkin are just as ridiculously biased. Because of your admiration for Crosby, it seems you find it inexplicably easy to bash many parts of ovechkins game, including aspects outside of his control (such as captaincy and linemates) as if he is the coach, gm, and owner of the caps as well.

Its also kind of tactless to start out saying "i'm not gonna start another ovi/crosby debate but..." and then rant on about why crosby is better.

Hope ovi gets better, he is a lot of fun to watch.

Edited by hooon