• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Winged_Wheeler

Williams out 8 weeks with fractured fibula

Rate this topic

*sigh* Hopefully this is the end of the injuries. Judging by the clip reel they rolled out at the end of HNIC the entire league is dropping like flies.

Cam Ward's tonight was the most painful for me to watch. Anything having to do with groins and skate blades just makes my skin crawl...

*sigh* Hopefully this is the end of the injuries. Judging by the clip reel they rolled out at the end of HNIC the entire league is dropping like flies.

They certainly are, I'd be interested in seeing the actually number of injuries and compare it to other seasons. This just seems to be record setting.

Kenny needs to pull the trigger, and he needs to pull it now. Without Franzen, Filppula, and Williams, this squad isn't even a lock for the playoffs, let alone a legitimate Cup contender. Don't get me wrong, in no way, shape, or form am I pushing the panic button, but this teams a boost, and we need a body with some NHL experience to plug the hole.

On top of all that, Brett Lebda needs to go. The vast majority of LGW, including myself, have been calling for his head for what feels like forever now, but it's more apparent now than ever that he is a consistent liability in both the offensive and defensive zone. Doug Janik was solid in limited action. What exactly have we got to lose by giving him an opportunity? Lebda? Meech? If I'm Kenny, those are risks I am more than willing to take.

Ugh, you just watch. half of our roster is going to be injured and somehow Lebda is going to get through the entire season injury-free. The Hockey Gods hate us.

Why must you say things that make children cry? :(

Honestly, you're probably right. <_< He'll be the only one ready to go come playoff time.

Just bring up Tatar now, to hell with keeping top prospects in the minors for 2-4 years. This kid is a shooter and everytime ive watched him for the Griffs he makes all the right moves and plays. I can't recall him coughing it up and he seems to be the type that will play better with better players. Get him bed in now and by the time he's 21 the whole org will have benefited

by it. The makings of the next Pasha maybe.

I'd be pumped if they could do that... but I think he needs some more seasoning. Like you said, though, he does play better with better linemates.

They certainly are, I'd be interested in seeing the actually number of injuries and compare it to other seasons. This just seems to be record setting.

At this rate it looks like a banner year for disappointing injuries. Mindfly will love it.

Hell, at this pace I'd say Gaborik is a model of superstar durability.

The Hockey Gods are obviously pissed at us for something, and we need to appease them. Anyone ever see the Wicker Man?

It was Franzen injuring Crosby last season, Bettman has his Red Wings Player voodoo dolls out every game and bumps off one more player in the winged wheel every chance he gets.

Remember the good ol' days when Abdelkader was headed to GR because the team had too many forwards? He's like a top 8 guy now. Is there another farm team below the Griffins I'm not aware of? Like when the Tigers gut Toledo, then grab someone from Erie? Does Bay City have a team or something?

I guess they're going to have to start with the Whalers. I believe they are the next rung down from the Griffins.

I'd be pumped if they could do that... but I think he needs some more seasoning. Like you said, though, he does play better with better linemates.

At training camp, I was really impressed with how well Tatar played with our top guys during the Monday and Tuesday games. Usually, you can see the differentiation in skill level between the Griffins and Wings during the scrimmages, but Tatar really stood out as someone that looked like he'd been playing with the Wings in the NHL for a year or two. I'd say enough with the formalities, bring him up for at least one game and try him out. If we are taking chances on others, waiting for them to actually prove that they are NHL players *cough* LEBDA *cough*, how much worse could it be to just try Tatar? BTW, I just want to call him Tatar Salad every time I think of him because I always think of Ron White from the Blue Collar Comedy Tour at the same time. :lol:

And did anyone else love how Trevor Thompson took the words out of Bab's mouth in the postgame show. "Now Mike, I know you're going to say this is a chance for someone to really step up but . . ." Babs kind of smiled and laughed because it's his pre-fab response for all this s*** that's been affecting the team.

We lose Hossa to sign Franzen. Franzen is injured.

We replace Sammy with Williams. Williams is injured.

We replace Kopecky with Eaves/May (take your pick). Eaves and May are both injured.

We lose Hudler and expect Filppulla to take a bigger role. Filppulla is injured.

If we trade Lebda away for someone else, I promise you that person will end up with a broken clavicle before his 10th game.

It was Franzen injuring Crosby last season, Bettman has his Red Wings Player voodoo dolls out every game and bumps off one more player in the winged wheel every chance he gets.

Maybe sacrificing Lebda to them would appease them.

:thumbup:

The Wings just can't catch a break this season. There must be a supernatural reason for the crap luck they're having.

Please no more calling up minor league players. Leino - hasn't really doneanything this year. Helm - good 3rd liner so far in his career. Abdelkader - has potential but still 3rd/4th liner. So does Kenny expect someone from the Griffs to come up and play top tier minutes. WE need to get an impact player and quick.

As has been stated many times already a big reason why there have not and probably will not be, any moves or signings is that the extra cap of a long term IR player is temporary, you can go over the cap to the amount of money that the player on LTIR is compensating for. Its not a if you don't fill the space you gain cap space scenario. Once that player comes off LTIR you lose any and all cap compensation for their injury.

Thus if you go trade for a 4 million dollar player, when Filppula, Williams, Franzen, and Lilja all come back you are way way over cap.

I hope I am wording myself well but here is my example.

Lilja LTIR 1.3 million dollar cushion

You use a 0.7 million dollar player as your call up and are now 0.7 million over cap, but its okay because lilja has 1.3 million of compensation...

Lilja comes back...you did not gain the prorated amount of the 0.5 million you didnt use...you still need to be under cap for lilja...

As has been stated many times already a big reason why there have not and probably will not be, any moves or signings is that the extra cap of a long term IR player is temporary, you can go over the cap to the amount of money that the player on LTIR is compensating for. Its not a if you don't fill the space you gain cap space scenario. Once that player comes off LTIR you lose any and all cap compensation for their injury.

Thus if you go trade for a 4 million dollar player, when Filppula, Williams, Franzen, and Lilja all come back you are way way over cap.

I hope I am wording myself well but here is my example.

Lilja LTIR 1.3 million dollar cushion

You use a 0.7 million dollar player as your call up and are now 0.7 million over cap, but its okay because lilja has 1.3 million of compensation...

Lilja comes back...you did not gain the prorated amount of the 0.5 million you didnt use...you still need to be under cap for lilja...

So couldn't we do what the Penguins did and just send someone like Satan to the minors until the playoffs start?