• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Miller Brew

Where is this guy?

Rate this topic

Notice the song playing in that clip is Dream on by Aerosmith

The Bert of yesteryear is gone. If that is the Bert you are expecting now.... dream on.

Edit: :rap: Dream On Dream On Dream On

Dream until the dream comes true

Edited by Statts

I agree, ever since the Moore hit, Bert has been a shell of his previous self. I don't know if its a confidence issue or a focus issue, he seems shell-shocked most of the time.

Is it just me, or does he always look like he is coming off a 3 day bender? He has these permanent black circles under his eyes.

I honestly dont understand why so many people are so ready to diss Bertuzzi....The Moore incident was very unfortunate...but its not like Moore was completely innocent and didnt do anything to provoke it...Of course Todd didnt mean to ruin the guys life...but it happens..every single time a fight breaks out theres a chance someones life will be ruined...it was a freak thing...and hes been paying for it...

I swear its like sometimes im watching another game than most...people act like Bertuzzi is so terrible....so far this season I have seen few to none of our players play as HARD as Bertuzzi has...the guy has been working his friggin tail off trying to do the best he can...and that counts for something in my book...and obviously in Babcocks book as well...I remember in the Colorado game where Anderson robbed us all night long...I had said I never saw a guy come so close to a Hat Trick without scoring a goal...in reference to Bertuzzi coming so insanely close to scoring so many times...if VERY LITTLE went differently Bertuzzi could very well have 10-12 goals by now...

Guest lilja4mvp
I honestly dont understand why so many people are so ready to diss Bertuzzi....The Moore incident was very unfortunate...but its not like Moore was completely innocent and didnt do anything to provoke it...Of course Todd didnt mean to ruin the guys life...but it happens..every single time a fight breaks out theres a chance someones life will be ruined...it was a freak thing...and hes been paying for it...

I swear its like sometimes im watching another game than most...people act like Bertuzzi is so terrible....so far this season I have seen few to none of our players play as HARD as Bertuzzi has...the guy has been working his friggin tail off trying to do the best he can...and that counts for something in my book...and obviously in Babcocks book as well...I remember in the Colorado game where Anderson robbed us all night long...I had said I never saw a guy come so close to a Hat Trick without scoring a goal...in reference to Bertuzzi coming so insanely close to scoring so many times...if VERY LITTLE went differently Bertuzzi could very well have 10-12 goals by now...

all the ellipses...in the world...won't change the fact...that..bertuzzi...

sucks.

as someone that could care less of the moore incident, i can still say i hate bertuzzi. mostly because he is a bad hockey player. his lazy defensive play, stupid back passes for turnovers, and lack of finish all combine to put him in my dog house. i was not a big fan of the deadline deal that brought him here the first time, but i really think bringing him back was a terrible decision. there were other options out there at the time. just for example afinogenov was available. while i am not saying he was the best signing, too many people cop out behind the "he was the only player available for 1.5 million" crap. there are lots of guys on this team that make as little as bertuzzi and they aren't out ther constantly fumbling the puck and ruining scoring chances. i think i would rather see maltby playing with datsyuk at this point...

Bertuzzi is among the team leaders in hits and shots. He has 9 points in 21 games, only 10 PIM. I don't know what you people expect out of him. He back checks, and is skating really hard out there and earning the respect of Babcock. Keep being negative and complaining, I'll be wearing my Bertuzzi jersey and cheering after the Wing's keep winning games.

This thread is full of fail. I'm not sure where all these people came from that thought Bertuzzi was going to put up 60+ points this season while also terrorizing the ice and enforcing when May isn't in the lineup. Do you guys actually watch hockey or is internet trolling your main pastime? Realistically the guy will probably put up about 40 points this season, get over it.

Bertuzzi has been helping the team. That nobody can deny. But the problem is he has been helping in areas where he doesn't need to be for his role on the team. He needs to score. He needs to create chances that create goals. Right now he isn't doing that, which makes me feel like he should be put on the third or fourth line, because it seems like he would most help the team in that role.

He just isn't working on the first line right now.

Bertuzzi reminds me of the guy in all those Pink Floyd songs.

He's totally lost out there and seems to be in his own world. Everything he tries right now offensively doesn't seem to work. Him and Homer on the same line is like a Shakespearian tragedy.

His physical game is even worse. Tomas Kopecky was more willing to throw his body around than Bertuzzi is.

I didn't expect him to be the old Todd Bertuzzi, but I expected more than this, especially since he's playing with a great playmaker like Datsyuk.

This thread is full of fail. I'm not sure where all these people came from that thought Bertuzzi was going to put up 60+ points this season while also terrorizing the ice and enforcing when May isn't in the lineup. Do you guys actually watch hockey or is internet trolling your main pastime? Realistically the guy will probably put up about 40 points this season, get over it.

Call me classless for saying this, but I've always been a Bert fan. He was one of the most dominating power forwards in the game before his incident. I think Bettman was too hard on him. I think Moore is the gutless prick, not Bert. Bert was doing what a good hockey player should do. Revenge for a team mate and friend. I would do the same thing for any of my friends and I wouldn't apologize, nor lose sleep over it. f*** Moore!

That said, my point to this thread isn't bashing Bert, but rather trying to show some of the newbies of hockey what kind of player this guy was. He was, at one time, better than Getzlaf. He was an absolute dominating force. How can someone lose all that.

Oh, in reply to your comment about Bert wasn't brought here to be a scoring force.... Well guess what, neither was Helm, Eaves, Leino, Abby, and Cleary... When teams have injuries like Detroit does, then it's time for scoring and big points from ALL of your team mates. Bert is the one guy out of the list that WE as hockey fans (who know what Bert is proven and capable of) to step up in the absence of Franzen, Flip, Willy and now Kronwalls points.

Is internet trolling to WANT players to step up in all the absence caused by injuries? The answer is NO! Not if you know anything about hockey. Hell, even Mike Babcock says he needs players to step up, this is their opportunity. Yet you have no interest in Bert stepping up and excelling at this opportunity.

Why don't you want the Red Wings to make the playoffs? Don't you want players to step up? Who has a better chance of stepping up Bertuzzi or Maltby? C'mon man are you for real???

But isn't it the injuries that have Bertuzzi playing such a substantial role currently? If Franzen and Filppula were healthy, he'd be on the 2nd or 3rd line. Holland couldn't have anticipated so many injuries.

Personally, I really dislike having Bert and Homer on the same line. But the way the other lines are working, I guess there's not much choice.

If he could grab a couple of goals in a game I think he'd improve. His bad luck in front of net early on seems to have affected his confidence.

But isn't it the injuries that have Bertuzzi playing such a substantial role currently? If Franzen and Filppula were healthy, he'd be on the 2nd or 3rd line. Holland couldn't have anticipated so many injuries.

Personally, I really dislike having Bert and Homer on the same line. But the way the other lines are working, I guess there's not much choice.

If he could grab a couple of goals in a game I think he'd improve. His bad luck in front of net early on seems to have affected his confidence.

That's right. All the players need to step up with all the injuries. I don't understand why 'Mors' can't get that. Holland didn't anticipate on Franzen, Flip, Kronwall and Williams all being out at the same time... So it's only realistic to expect players to step up in their absence.

But out of players like Helm, Abby, May, Eaves, Malby, Draper, Cleary, Miller, and etc expected to start scoring big goals, I would think Bert would be the next 'go to' guy in line. Hell, he's playing with Pavel freakin' Datsyuk for crying out loud.

Bert is still young; the perfect age for players in their prime. Why is it unrealistic that some of us want him to step up. Everyone is expecting Helm, Eaves, Draper, Malby to step up, why is it a cardinal sin for wanting Big Bert to follow suit?

I agree, Bert's confidence is at an all-low. But I know he still has the big bert we all come to know in love is in there waiting to break out.

Mors, clearly I am not a very good Red Wings fan for wanting this team to do well in the absence of our key players. How un-Red Wing of me!