• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

1/17 GDT: Blackawks 4 at Red Wings 3 (SO)

Rate this topic

Too bad LA and Phoenix never lose in shootouts.

We just don't deserve to be in the playoffs right now. We had all those chances in OT and still couldn't bury it. Yesterday we blew a 2-0 lead.

Say what you want about shootouts or the refs, but the Wings just arent' playing as well as the teams above us.

Hawk fan trying to get in before the haters ruin it.

All pretty equal injury wise great game and rather than team hockey it came down to a trick shot event to decide the winner.

Great game, this should be fun in April or May.

All the best guys.

think of it this way. we kept up with them with a top forward and top defense men out

would have loved to win but still satisfying

fought back from a 2-0 game too. but some tough luck this year

Edited by brett

10 minute 4-on-4 OT and NO SO.

Why not 5 min 4-on-4. Then 5 min 3-on-3. They're bound to score then. Great game. We got the Caps next so maybe we'll see Ozzie. Unless Babs goes with Howie... but IMO he looked exhausted today.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Now time to watch football. Although it looks like ANOTHER blowout.

Guest mindfly

Sure Hossa is a pro but could he not have failed to score on purpose just because WE TREATED HIM LIKE A KING FOR A WHOLE YEAR AND PLAYED IN A GAME7 for the STANELY... I remember Toskala let in sundins final penalty when he return to toronto after signing with canucks last season....

Given the loss there's still a lot to feel good about. Our top players were our top players today. Lidstrom looked more confident, Dats was all over the place (Jesus Christ on that shootout attempt), Z is looking better and better, Bert is still exceeding expectations.

In addition to that the role players were phenomenal today. Eaves especially. This is the first time this year that I think the Wings played to their full potential, and this type of game gives me hope that we'll really be dangerous once we get healthy. Also, we got 2 out of 4 points this weekend, and given the opposition I'm pretty content.

Guest scottj

f*** man... well, we got as many points as I thought we would this weekend... too bad we gave up twice as many also

great goals by dats n bertuzzi followed by heartbreak :(

Hawk fan trying to get in before the haters ruin it.

All pretty equal injury wise great game and rather than team hockey it came down to a trick shot event to decide the winner.

Great game, this should be fun in April or May.

All the best guys.

We're missing our leading goal scorer (Homer) and our 40 goal scorer (Franzen). Also, our second best defenseman. So yeah pretty sure things aren't even in the injury department. But yeah good to see there are some classy Hawks fans.

Edited by TheDetroitRedWings

Guest Howard He Do It?!
Why not 5 min 4-on-4. Then 5 min 3-on-3. They're bound to score then. Great game. We got the Caps next so maybe we'll see Ozzie. Unless Babs goes with Howie... but IMO he looked exhausted today.

I guess 3-on-3 would work. You could use 2 forwards and a defenseman. I just think 4-on-4 is more entertaining. Two point men and two down low. Better than one man manning the blue line.

Too bad LA and Phoenix never lose in shootouts.

We just don't deserve to be in the playoffs right now. We had all those chances in OT and still couldn't bury it. Yesterday we blew a 2-0 lead.

Say what you want about shootouts or the refs, but the Wings just arent' playing as well as the teams above us.

I wouldn't count this is a bad game at all... a shootout is a joke of a way to lose the game, like the last two nights... the wings outplayed the Hawks, being down 4 starters.. This was a great game to watch and good to see the skill this team has