• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 11:23 AM

Who do you think is the most suited trade partner for the Wings for what we have expendable and for what we want in return?

Please do not name actual players from opposing teams coming back to Detroit, but rather just what team you think is the best candidate for a trade for Detroit and what you think Detroit would send out to them for exchange (ie. Lebda and Leino for picks, or Meech for a prospect, or Meech and Leino for a forward, etc...)

My personal choice, is the New York Islanders - They are a young, fast team that is still growing and needs speed on the back end.

Detroit could send Lebda and Leino to NY and in return, NY could send a late round pick or two and a mid level prospect to Detroit

BOTH Lebda and Leino would get immediate minutes on that roster, possibly even in top pairing situations with their lack of depth and youth and not add a ton of cap space to a frugal NY team (who has a TON of cap space to spare) - in return, Detroit gets future picks/prospects to develop while freeing up roster spots and cap space

as with all trades in the NHL, this would be a win/win - which are optimal.

Edited by stevkrause, 02 February 2010 - 11:30 AM.

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#2 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 12:56 PM

QUOTE (stevkrause @ February 2, 2010 - 11:23AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who do you think is the most suited trade partner for the Wings for what we have expendable and for what we want in return?

Please do not name actual players from opposing teams coming back to Detroit, but rather just what team you think is the best candidate for a trade for Detroit and what you think Detroit would send out to them for exchange (ie. Lebda and Leino for picks, or Meech for a prospect, or Meech and Leino for a forward, etc...)

My personal choice, is the New York Islanders - They are a young, fast team that is still growing and needs speed on the back end.

Detroit could send Lebda and Leino to NY and in return, NY could send a late round pick or two and a mid level prospect to Detroit

BOTH Lebda and Leino would get immediate minutes on that roster, possibly even in top pairing situations with their lack of depth and youth and not add a ton of cap space to a frugal NY team (who has a TON of cap space to spare) - in return, Detroit gets future picks/prospects to develop while freeing up roster spots and cap space

as with all trades in the NHL, this would be a win/win - which are optimal.

Possibly ATL as well, same package, same reasons.

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#3 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,340 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 01:20 PM

QUOTE (stevkrause @ February 2, 2010 - 11:56AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Possibly ATL as well, same package, same reasons.

unsure.gif

Did you just respond to your own post?
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#4 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 01:25 PM

QUOTE (GMRwings1983 @ February 2, 2010 - 01:20PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
unsure.gif

Jealous?

#5 robb himself

robb himself

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 01:37 PM

uuhh...
be about it!

#6 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 01:39 PM

QUOTE (GMRwings1983 @ February 2, 2010 - 01:20PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
unsure.gif

easier than editing it...

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#7 micah

micah

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 01:45 PM

Pittsburgh, we could use a little leadership, someone who knows how to be a Champion in this new NHL.

<hides>
"It was pretty interesting," said Detroit coach Mike Babcock. "We had May in exhibition for a couple of games and no one gets hacked or whacked. When we don't have him, we get run. We don't have a team that twists off helmets at stoppages. You get tired of seeing it all the time. It's just nice when you get someone to look after that stuff."

#8 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 01:48 PM

QUOTE (micah @ February 2, 2010 - 01:45PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pittsburgh, we could use a little leadership, someone who knows how to be a Champion in this new NHL.

<hides>

With the numbers crunch we will be in soon and the fact that Holland probably doesn't want to waive/lose guys for nothing, I thought this was actually a decent topic for debate...

I shouldn't have expected anything more than stupid replies and smart-ass comments from this board.

my mistake.

Edited by stevkrause, 02 February 2010 - 01:49 PM.

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#9 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 02:00 PM

QUOTE (stevkrause @ February 2, 2010 - 01:48PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
With the numbers crunch we will be in soon and the fact that Holland probably doesn't want to waive/lose guys for nothing, I thought this was actually a decent topic for debate...

I shouldn't have expected anything more than stupid replies and smart-ass comments from this board.

my mistake.

I've been thinking about it but I just don't know mostly because I mean... Who would actually want what the Wings are trying to get rid of? First of all, someone who in their minds has a useless 2 million expiring cap hit that the Wings could use.

#10 AD2044

AD2044

Rookie

• Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 02:04 PM

I think you are onto something Steve. My spin on it is to trade who we can out of that list for a young stay at home defencemen who has AHL eligibility left. That way he could play in grand rapids not costing us any cap space and be insurance in case of an injuy. The best case scenaro imo.

#11 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE (titanium2 @ February 2, 2010 - 02:00PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've been thinking about it but I just don't know mostly because I mean... Who would actually want what the Wings are trying to get rid of? First of all, someone who in their minds has a useless 2 million expiring cap hit that the Wings could use.

That's why I'm thinking basement dwellers that are young and have a ton of cap space and are willing to take time to see how a guy develops (NYI, ATL) would be willing to take a chance on Leino and he could get top minutes there... I even think this would be a good deal for someone like CBJ, but I can't stand the thought of trading in division, especially if Leino ever does tap that potential...

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#12 micah

micah

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 02:11 PM

QUOTE (stevkrause @ February 2, 2010 - 02:48PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

my mistake.

Aww, you're gonna hurt the board's feelings. Don't be so glum, chum.

"It was pretty interesting," said Detroit coach Mike Babcock. "We had May in exhibition for a couple of games and no one gets hacked or whacked. When we don't have him, we get run. We don't have a team that twists off helmets at stoppages. You get tired of seeing it all the time. It's just nice when you get someone to look after that stuff."

#13 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 02:25 PM

QUOTE (stevkrause @ February 2, 2010 - 02:08PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's why I'm thinking basement dwellers that are young and have a ton of cap space and are willing to take time to see how a guy develops (NYI, ATL) would be willing to take a chance on Leino and he could get top minutes there... I even think this would be a good deal for someone like CBJ, but I can't stand the thought of trading in division, especially if Leino ever does tap that potential...

Maybe it doesn't have to be for a player. Maybe they can trade for a prospect that a pure toughness team like Philly or whatever who gambled on a skill guy in the later rounds but no longer wants. Then again, why would they want anything the Wings have to get rid of. Ah well, you get my point, maybe a skilled prospect that doesn't thrive in one system that the Wings are willing to take a risk on. I shall do a little research and come up with some ideas for later.

#14 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 02:27 PM

holland and snow could always trade pogs

Posted Image

#15 Bannedforlife

Bannedforlife

In heaven, everything is fine.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE (stevkrause @ February 2, 2010 - 11:08AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Atlanta's not in the basement this year though

#16 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 09:21 AM

QUOTE (Bannedforlife @ February 2, 2010 - 04:30PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Atlanta's not in the basement this year though

I more meant perennial basement dwellers, which they have been... and even this year, they're not exactly lighting the world ablaze, they're in 11th place in the east...

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#17 DMAC 25

DMAC 25

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 09:33 AM

QUOTE (stevkrause @ February 2, 2010 - 01:48PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

my mistake.

its just micah. he always make comments like that

#18 DMAC 25

DMAC 25

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 09:35 AM

i could see maybe edmonton or carolina, they both are doing bad this year and might want to add a few people with a little expierence

#19 micah

micah

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 09:39 AM

QUOTE (DMAC 25 @ February 3, 2010 - 10:33AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
its just micah. he always make comments like that

He's dreamy.

#20 SweWings

SweWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 09:40 AM

Wouldn't be surprised if some of Detroit's borderliners got traded and the scenarios that have been mentioned in this thread aren't unrealistic at all.