• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2/3 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Ducks 3

Rate this topic

Yes.

So he had one missed shot that wouldn't have gone in anyway. Apart from that one split second, he had a great game. He was all over the ice today and was impossible not to notice when he was on the ice. And he set up just as many chances as he missed.

Overall, he did a lot of good things out there and he just needs to build on his performance against ANA. If he continues to build on the rate in which he shoots the puck and stays with it then I'll be happy. A couple of unfortunate bounces shouldn't cloud his whole performance.

Remember my exception?

Even so, weak goal scorer doesn't mean a weak offensive player.

He's overpaid. We need goals.

He's the only player we have with any trade value (a compliment to him when you really think about it) that we could trade.

This looks real simple to me if the right opportunity opens up to bring in a guy with goal scoring ability.

It's not that he hurts us, but he's making too much money to be a 10 goal scorer on this Detroit Red Wings team. The player that Flip is today is solid, but what he brings to this team is ultimately inconsequential to success.

We haven't been a significantly better team when it comes to offense or defense when he's in the lineup. We're still struggling to score goals, though we're not giving up many goals. We don't win or lose any more when he's in the lineup.

He doesn't address this teams biggest needs.

I'm not saying "get rid of him at any cost" at all. I'm saying if a move opens up that makes sense when looking at this team's needs, they should pull the trigger and not look back.

We need goals.

It's not gonna get any better unless he keeps shooting. I want him to get better and so I'm going to expect to witness a lot of sucky shots from him until he gets the hang of it.

It's not that his shot sucks, it's that he has no scoring touch. There's a difference. Draper and Helm anyone? They have solid shots, do they score on glorious chances? Nope.

It's not that his shot sucks, it's that he has no scoring touch. There's a difference. Draper and Helm anyone? They have solid shots, do they score on glorious chances? Nope.

If Flip keeps playing like he did tonight, his goal scoring pace will pick up. I don't think he has a bad shot, or bad hands, but you're right, he just doesn't have that scoring touch. But I think he can easily develop one, and be a solid 20 goal scorer.

Edited by Z and D for the C

Fil did just fine when he was supposed to be a little more of a shooter on Datsyuk's wing in 07-08. I don't see why he can't put everything in his skill set together.

If Flip keeps playing like he did tonight, his goal scoring pace will pick up. I don't think he has a bad shot, or bad hands, but you're right, he just doesn't have that scoring touch. But I think he can easily develop one, and be a solid 20 goal scorer.

That would be ideal. I'd trade for Max Afinaginov or Nik Antropov for him I think. But maybe he'll be less noticeable if Franzen comes back and returns to scoring at a wicked pace. Who knows.

babcock needs to split up Dats and Z for crying out loud, we keep rolling 1 scoring line when we could easily roll 2.

Dats and Bert do well and we have homer back as well so those 3 on 1 line.

Z and Cleary have always done well, so add Eaves or Filppula to that line until Franzen comes back.

2 Scoring lines and much harder to match up against than Z, Dats and Bert all on 1 line...

With always rolling at least 2 good scoring lines being a trade mark of the Wings success I have been confused all year as to why babcock keeps loading 1 line when we have the talent to roll 2 dangerous lines, all's it is doing is putting more pressure on Dats and Z not to mention making it much easier to match up against the Wings.

Oh well.

WAIT A MINUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I missed the live game and am just watching the FSD replay, apparently you can now direct thepuck in the net with the swipe of your hand!?!?!

Someone PLEASE put a video montage together of ALL the bad REPLAY calls this year on the wings! This is garbage! Uh, hand pass bad, hand goal good? Even after further review? I am shutting it off.....

I come on here and all I see is Filppula bashing, what the heck is wrong with this site?

Filppula was hardly the worst player on the ice today. Led them team with 7 shots, in fact I'd say that's a career high. 7 SOG? Normally he accumulates that over 3 or 4 games. So what if he didn't score today, the fact that he took 7 shots means that he's starting to feel more confident in his offensive abilities and sooner or later the goals will come. Yeah he's frustrating at times offensively but it'll come around as long as he continues to shoot and back himself. Datsyuk barely used to shoot the puck untill he finally realised only good can some of it.

Some of the posters around here really need to get a grip.

Some of the posters around here really need to get a grip.

You know how internet forums are. They are the ultimate place for the typical sports fan to unleash their most dreadful emotions after a loss (or win). One unfortunate bounce and all the good things that player did get lost in the fray but sooner or later most gain perspective. Now that's not to say everyone eventually gets into a Filppula love fest. Some users acknowledge his strengths as well as anyone. They just think that the team right now could really use some of the things that Filppula is not as good at (yet) as well as other parts of his game.

Did you by any chance watch the Griffins game? How was Lilja?

Someone PLEASE put a video montage together of ALL the bad REPLAY calls this year on the wings! This is garbage! Uh, hand pass bad, hand goal good? Even after further review? I am shutting it off.....

I was just thinking this today. Someone should make a collection or maybe a top ten of the bad calls the Wings have had against them this year. #1 will undoubtedly be May's goal.

Guest mindfly
You seem to always jump at the chance to criticize this team. Why? Are you actually a fan?

I criticize them because they play WAY UNDER their potential...If they played to the best of their abilities and still sucked I would be more OK with it, but they just can't be consistent, so I hate them for that and it's unacceptable by them to play like they have this season.

If I was a GM I would do major changes in the team, shakeup badly needed. Maybe change coach too, babcock can't get his players to work consistent.

Edited by mindfly

This game wasn't about a consistent effort. The Wings are not burying their chances and the Ducks got 2 lucky bounces. In the end, thats hockey. The only fail defense I saw from the Wings side of things was on the 3rd goal when Ryan had a totally empty net to shoot at in the slot. A defenseman should be on that guy, but as it turns out he was standing in the slot with no one on him for an easy goal.

Howard played well, but Hiller played awesome.

You seem to always jump at the chance to criticize this team. Why? Are you actually a fan?

Let me answer this question for you with a statement thats easy to make. The amount of real Red Wings fans on this forum is declining with every loss and adding up with every win. In the past, I have seen the fans on this forum not panic and ***** at the team after a loss. Now, that thing happens after every game.

The years of success has spoiled the common Wings fan whereas now, when the chips are down, the common fan is deserting the team. Especially the ones on this forum. I see it in every thread. Even our fair captain Lidstrom was target of criticism when he wasn't putting points on the board. Real Wings fans may discuss the game and point out bad play and be critical. The bandwagon fans are the ones who say to throw in the towel and degrade the players, coaching staff, and management.

Personally, I am glad this is happening. I have been a Wings fan since I started watching hockey back in 1994-1995. When the Wings were swept by the Devils, it was a gut wrenching experience for me. Back then I saw a lot of bandwagon fans leave the team. I certainly hope that more bandwagon fans leave the team now when they are hitting a rough patch and don't come back.

Guest mindfly

blablabla... funny you guys who talk about "real fans" "bandwaggon fans" and whatnot 24/7...is it too much to ask for wanting the wings play like they Should? there are no injuries anymore, they have been healthy for some weeks now... lets get going... oh wait... they still suck... the die hard fans are the ones who care and feel sick to their stomach when they lose and play like s*** and can't sleep at night because of it and stuff, then there are "nightfall" "southernwingsfan" "crymson" etc and people who just dont give a s***.. judging fans telling them they ain't "real", saying "come on it's 70,60,50,40,30,20 games left give them time" (they still suck as bad as 70 games ago)

Hilarious...

Edited by mindfly

Hiller played well, again... Howard played pretty well I think. IMO- good ol' Honda Center non-ice again, they really play that card well don't they? I'm getting tired of that myself. I don't mind the dead/live boards deal, but the seemingly intentional s***-ice thing is getting old.

Let me answer this question for you with a statement thats easy to make. The amount of real Red Wings fans on this forum is declining with every loss and adding up with every win. In the past, I have seen the fans on this forum not panic and ***** at the team after a loss. Now, that thing happens after every game.

The years of success has spoiled the common Wings fan whereas now, when the chips are down, the common fan is deserting the team. Especially the ones on this forum. I see it in every thread. Even our fair captain Lidstrom was target of criticism when he wasn't putting points on the board. Real Wings fans may discuss the game and point out bad play and be critical. The bandwagon fans are the ones who say to throw in the towel and degrade the players, coaching staff, and management.

Personally, I am glad this is happening. I have been a Wings fan since I started watching hockey back in 1994-1995. When the Wings were swept by the Devils, it was a gut wrenching experience for me. Back then I saw a lot of bandwagon fans leave the team. I certainly hope that more bandwagon fans leave the team now when they are hitting a rough patch and don't come back.

I feel ya, but bandwagoners are a 'mind over matter' issue- if you don't mind they don't matter.

So the Flames have gotten 6 points out of their last possible 20 points...and they are in the playoffs and we're still looking in from the outside. With all the inconsistency, I just do not see how we can possibly make it to the post season this year.

Queue the blahblahblah there's over 20 games left bs...

+1. Calgary's gone 2-6-2 in their last 10. They reshuffled their whole roster and they are still in 8th spot.

If we don't make it into the playoffs this year, you can look back on this stretch and remember this is the time that we didn't get it done.

8 CALGARY FLAMES 2-6-2

9 DETROIT RED WINGS 3-4-3

This game wasn't about a consistent effort. The Wings are not burying their chances and the Ducks got 2 lucky bounces. In the end, thats hockey. The only fail defense I saw from the Wings side of things was on the 3rd goal when Ryan had a totally empty net to shoot at in the slot. A defenseman should be on that guy, but as it turns out he was standing in the slot with no one on him for an easy goal.

Howard played well, but Hiller played awesome.

The fans of the Wings have always paniced I don't know what site you've been on. I mean last year it was the goalie issue and lack of defense, although our offense was unreal. This year our goalie is about the only good we've had, people will always *****. Also Lidstrom isn't above criticism the entire team has underperformed why shouldn't people hold the captain of the team responsible? You are crazy if you don't think people have a right to be upset with how this team has been playing, regardless of injuries this team and stars at points throughout the season have played completely disinterested, which unlike most years we aren't in the position to do.